Sign in to follow this  
Hatake

Starting Position + Deleted Database

I accidentally deleted the database for creative. Oops.

It's not there, I can't seem to create one, and I've uninstalled the dedicated server and installed again, nothing.

Help? It seems to have messed up the whole game.

Also how do you change the starting position?

Since I'm stuck on adventure mode now, I'm at the Wins (I forgot the name) town or whatever, and I don't even see it on the map.

How does that help me?

I dont know the awnser to it. But always make a back-up before doing this kind of stuff..

i am not sure why downloading the server stuff again from steam would not have worked. Did you go in and delete all the files in the seam folder for the server stuff after you uninstalled it and downloaded it again?  

I dont know the awnser to it. But always make a back-up before doing this kind of stuff..

Didn't intend to do that. I wanted to delete the server I had created. I didn't think I was deleting the whoe thing.

Kegan,

I tried to restore it as well by updating files from steam and it just said "error".

I will try to delete the files.

I'm gonna try to reinstall the whole schazam to see if that does anything for the database.

So, uninstalled the game and installing again.

manualy delete the wurm ulti...dedi... server folder in your steam apps - then reinstall

Gonna try that.
By the way, discussed with the guy who runs the wurm facebook page, the map thing is a bug.

lol I accidentally deleted the servers a few times last night while tinkering with everything... if you still have the the "Creative_backup" you can easily fix most problems by copying/pasting stuff from it, or in the case of deleting a whole server just make a copy of the backup and rename it to just "Creative".

Also, doing an integrity check through Steam works really well to replace missing files :)

Fixed it by installing it again finally. Does anyone know how to make a deed in the game? I get to the survey part and it shows the borders but doesn't do anything.

Fixed it by installing it again finally. Does anyone know how to make a deed in the game? I get to the survey part and it shows the borders but doesn't do anything.

make sure in event that you are within the kingdom, not close to one of the altars.....same stuff as WO.....click survey again and if it's eligible to be placed it will go to next screen naming your deed.