Sign in to follow this  
Badgirl

Files to back up?

Which files do I need to copy to backup my world and characters?

• Like 1

Depending on whether or not you're using the dedicated server or not will dictate the location of the directory you will be backing up. 

There will be one of two folders you can backup depending on whether you're playing in creative or adventure. 

For making a backup you can just backup the entire directory. 

If you've checked 'Use dedicated server' on a standard Windows installation of the standard installation the directory you'll want to back up for creative:

%programfiles(x86)%\steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Creative

For Adventure on a dedicated server without default installation parameters:
%programfiles(x86)%\steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Adventure

If you're not using dedicated server then the paths are as follows:
%programfiles(x86)%\steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\Creative 

or 

%programfiles(x86)%\steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\Adventure

Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

• Like 1

I thought if I was renaming at server start it was making a new fresh creative island.  Do we need to backup creative/adventure in case we want to use them again for fresh islands?  The server screen also said it saved a copy of, isn't that server screen a template for making a new server?