Sign in to follow this  
MrGARY

Allow Epic to have proper legendary titles

Pretty simple.  When this first came around people complained for strange reasons, "Ignoring how the curve makes high end grinding worse than on Freedom, they will discover our titles first!!!!!!!!!!"

Today, Wurm Unlimited was released.  What does this mean for us?  People can now dig into the public server code and see all of these titles, there is no more secrecy.  There is no more excuse for second hand cruddy titles.  Example:  100 fs on Freedom?  'Swift Death'.  Neat, not the best but interesting.  Still kinda cool right?  So how bad can it be for Epic, considering fs gains at the same exact pace as Freedom?  'Epic Fighter'....  If you looked at all of the Epic titles and compared to the Legendary titles, they're all pretty boring and lame, and equally as interesting as watching paint dry.  100 stealing on Freedom?  'Criminal Mastermind' how nice is that it's pretty cool, what about Epic?  'Epic Thief'.  'Udder Madness' haha.  'Epic Milkman' lame...

There is no secrecy to anything anymore. It's only fair for all of Wurm Online to share the same first class titles regardless of your favored cluster

• Like 10

I never play Epic so I didn't even know Epic titles for 100 skill was different.

Epic Milkman. 

tumblr_lzyurn4A9J1qixluro1_400.gif

Wow. Give Epic people Freedom titles for 100 skill too. No point in really having a separate list. 

• Like 3

-1 epic, freedom and WU just share the base code but are really 3 different games. Freedom shouldnt have anything from epic as people say....no moon metals and none of those toys and you shouldn't have the same titles than freedom... Just fair IMO

• Like 2

-1 epic, freedom and WU just share the base code but are really 3 different games. Freedom shouldnt have anything from epic as people say....no moon metals and none of those toys and you shouldn't have the same titles than freedom... Just fair IMO

if only that was the case

but freedom got all the valrei stuff without all the downsides of fissures and craters.

+1

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

but freedom got all the valrei stuff without all the downsides of fissures and craters.

Agreed, is a total mess that the players didn't do

Pretty sure I've seen threads like this before. Pretty sure I've seen threads where getting to 100 is just as hard on Epic (if not - even harder) because of the curve.

Let's get this changed.

+1

+1

don't forget player gods

+1 again. Freedom got everything that was unique to Epic, can we get something in return for that?

• Like 1

I missed the suggestion.. do you want epic to have the option to name their own titles.. or to plague our side with their inventions of the 100.00s ?

if you want epic to have freedom's titles - SURE +10 on that... we get their gods.. they can have our titles:rolleyes:, who cares

1 hour ago, Rathgar said:

-1 Epic has its own set of titles, I vote for diversity.

Have you seen Epic's 100 titles? They're the most bland titles ever "Epic Fisherman" "Epic Blacksmith" etc etc.

19 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Have you seen Epic's 100 titles? They're the most bland titles ever "Epic Fisherman" "Epic Blacksmith" etc etc.

I agree, those are not the most enticing titles, but instead, why not ask to have diferent titles for Epic, the same way that titles are chosen on freedom, by the people who discover them, giving them a nice regional flavor and imbuing the game with the history of its own players ?   It makes no sense to ask for the exact same titles as freedomers.

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

I missed the suggestion.. do you want epic to have the option to name their own titles.. or to plague our side with their inventions of the 100.00s ?

if you want epic to have freedom's titles - SURE +10 on that... we get their gods.. they can have our titles:rolleyes:, who cares

No I don't want Epic to be force fed only what Freedom wants.  If Freedom gets to choose to get everything they want from Epic then I'm just asking for Epic to have that same liberty and get the same first class titles and even get to pick the title if they get it first

The point here is that we're playing the SAME game, every single not 100 title is the same.  The picking and choosing needs to stop being so one sided.  But, if Epic can get to rename the like 4 or 5 100 skill titles they found after 5 years to something cool that isn't forced to have "Epic" as the first word like a second class label then I guess that has to do

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MrGARY said:

No I don't want Epic to be force fed only what Freedom wants.  If Freedom gets to choose to get everything they want from Epic then I'm just asking for Epic to have that same liberty and get the same first class titles and even get to pick the title if they get it first

The point here is that we're playing the SAME game, every single not 100 title is the same.  The picking and choosing needs to stop being so one sided.  But, if Epic can get to rename the like 4 or 5 100 skill titles they found after 5 years to something cool that isn't forced to have "Epic" as the first word like a second class label then I guess that has to do

You cant have the same title for half the effort.

And if you make a suggestion thread about taking all the Epic elements out of the freedom servers, I will be there to +1 the motion and campaign with you.

46 minutes ago, Rathgar said:

And if you make a suggestion thread about taking all the Epic elements out of the freedom servers, I will be there to +1 the motion and campaign with you.

Half the effort? Past 70 skilling is much harder on Epic than it is on Freedom.

6 hours ago, Rathgar said:

huh

so it's ok to get every single other 50 70 and 90 title for all 100+ skills for "half the effort" but not ok for 100 titles :huh:

• Like 1