Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Oddness when starting a private server.

Ok, so I start up a new private server, passworded, max two players.

Fire it up... and there are 3 other people in the world. I was like... whaa? So I did it again. Same thing.

Made sure to log on to lan, even changed the name and changed the PW. click lan on the new server, login, put in the password, and there are several other real players logged in talking in 'local', and one of whom is threatening to kill me, even though I checked no pvp in the game.

What's going on?

Oh, and wild boars seem to be hostile in WU now. Don't remember that from Wurm Online.

NPCS probably, they are hostile to me too and talk smack... are they all agressive?

Edited by Wingz

There are a few NPC's that say random stuff around the starter areas and wander around. Wild Boars are hostile towards certain kingdoms only I believe, same with hyenas (they are friendly towards hots)

Your own kingdom npc's are not hostile. They have a quest for you.

I didn't set it up with kingdoms...

Maybe it's because I selected 'Adventure' mode. Is 'Creative' building only, or does it have other options, monsters, etc?

The real question, is if there's no pvp how is anything non-monster hostile to me?

Adventure mode is basically the tutorial (not really a tutorial, but thats really it's purpose) and has a quest-chain until the player becomes a deity or something.

You want creative mode, It's basically WO......but in your hands. (No, it's not only building......its everything)

Edited by Druidnature

Adventure mode is basically the tutorial (not really a tutorial, but thats really it's purpose) and has a quest-chain or something until the player becomes a deity or something.

You want creative mode, It's basically WO......but in your hands. (No, it's not only building......its everything)

Excellent, thank ye! :)

Also, I think the critters are a bit harsh around the starting area. I had two venerable bears, a sly wolf, a hellhound, just around the little starting town area. No way a noob would survive that. And no guard towers. That, and the starting town's templars are useless, as the edge of the deed to perim border is gated, thus, the monsters will never step on deed, and thus never be targeted. They just sit there and watch you get wasted. That needs rethought a bit, methinks.

Move the town edge a bit further out from the walls and give the poor players a chance to live.

You picked the second kingdom location? I noticed that too, but the first kingdom didn't have that issue and had no hostile mobs close to town.

for that we have gm's - to adjust your server (also recom. by wiki)

On Adventure server you must chose a kingdom or you get attacked by NPCs, if you unckek PVP boxe you cant chose one so when you enter the server they gang you. Adventure mode it's supposed to be pvp enable.