Sign in to follow this  
Argain

Spawning locations on Creative

In case anyone else would like to share some decent starting locations on the Creative map, I thought I'd start a thread with one:

X: 4859

Y: 3919

Features

• On the edge of a pond
  • Very close to clay (flat enough to dig from the get-go)
  • At the base of a mountain
  • Tons of cedar trees around
  • Next to "Central Lakes" area, so easy to figure out where you are on the map
  • Like 1

I input those as a respawn and everywhere I put ends up starting me out in water.
What am I doing wrong?

You have random spawn box selected.

However I cannot join the server when i uncheck it does anyone else have this problem?

Nah. I had it unchecked. Let me join the server though, no problem.

How do you find out specific coordinates?

I don't know where you got those coordinates from as the limit is 2047 for the GM teleport.  The teleport for the location you spoke of is at X1180 :  Y1048

It is a very nice spot, lot of domestic animals in the area. Also it shouldn't be too difficult to dig a short cannal to connect the lake with the outside world.

I don't know where you got those coordinates from as the limit is 2047 for the GM teleport.  The teleport for the location you spoke of is at X1180 :  Y1048

It is a very nice spot, lot of domestic animals in the area. Also it shouldn't be too difficult to dig a short cannal to connect the lake with the outside world.

The coordinates for the player in the Server GUI show much higher numbers. Inputting the numbers the OP posted in the server GUI worked as described. Perhaps the GM teleport function works in tile coordinates?

Edited by cmiddlebrook

hm created starter town / token with protectet tiles and now everyone spawning there (like in wo). fixed my problems

So if I am trying to have people spawn at x3790 y5692 what do I need to do? Everytime I select that the player cant connect to my server but thats where it says my player is on the server gui
Never mind got it by using GM to right click tile for coords

Edited by drummerboyas157

I cannot get the spawnpoints to work for the life of me. I unchecked Random spawn points and added in the coordinates 6354 for Spawnpoint x and 1378 for Spawnpoint y yet creating a new character throws me out into the middle of the ocean..driving me crazy

When setting a specific spawn point for a server, it'll only apply to new characters created on the server.

The other thing I've discovered: If you go to the Player listing for the server and set specific coordinates for your already existing character, it will not work if the server is still running... it has to be first shutdown, then have the coordinates updated before it's started again.

I cannot get the spawnpoints to work for the life of me. I unchecked Random spawn points and added in the coordinates 6354 for Spawnpoint x and 1378 for Spawnpoint y yet creating a new character throws me out into the middle of the ocean..driving me crazy

Was the server still running when you gave it specific spawn coordinates? Might be the same issue I found for changing the coordinates of a player.

Perhaps the GM teleport function works in tile coordinates?

More than likely, since I got the spawn coordinates from the Player listing in the GUI (after I ran my character all the way there lol).

Found this on another thread:

mama was listing the tile x/y.

the x/y your'e referring to is in game 'metres'.

the two figures are roughly 4x the other, so on your 4096x4096 map you have positional coordinates of 16384x16384

it also uses 3 decimal places to narrow down the exact location of items on the floor.

I'm having spawn problems also. People spawning to x:6, y:4 despite me setting otherwise before even initiating the server.

It should be known that we unchecked 'home' and have kingdoms on 0.

Edited by Tyroki

You could also try 925.1420 location name is The Meadow, it's a good starting area

Was the server still running when you gave it specific spawn coordinates? Might be the same issue I found for changing the coordinates of a player.

For me, i learned that the Coordinates listed on the player tab of the server settings was incorrect. Getting the coordinates while as a GM in game from the tile I was standing on ended up working which seems to be opposite of what others have been saying, either way it finally started spawning where i wanted so I am happy.. :)