Sign in to follow this  
namalesca

1 hit mining

Anyone know why whether I'm tunneling or mining it only takes one action that doesn't even have a timer? It's as if I have the ebony wand equipped or something which isn't the case. The pickaxe is taking damage and I'm still getting only 1 xp. But only 1 shard drops and the whole wall is gone.

Also, not getting ore if I spawn in an ore vein, it just says the mine is depleted and 1 more hit causes it to disappear, dropping a single rock shard.

If you have GM powers, that's likely the culprit.  I think you have one hit mining with GM powers, without the wand.

anyway to demote and promote myself without having to exit the game, which causes me to have to relaunch the whole server? We need a character select screen or at least not to exit the launcher when going into the game.

tab out to the Server GUI

you can change youself back to 0 rank within the game, and the wand will be unusable.

change it as you need, on the fly

gm characters are not designed to be played as normal characters with.  So many things will not work properly if you try to do that.

If you want to adjust player powers in game, you can do so with the ebony wand as well.

activate wand, right click wand.  Server > Manage Player Powers

This is usually to manage other players though.

To not have to restart the server, use the dedicated server instead, then it runs separate from steam.

If you have GM powers, that's likely the culprit.  I think you have one hit mining with GM powers, without the wand.

Yep did this last night. almost wiped out our mine,  Right after I spawned a Blue Dragon and everyone almost gotten eaten..

(really should need a degree in wand using before getting one)  LOL

Yep did this last night. almost wiped out our mine,  Right after I spawned a Blue Dragon and everyone almost gotten eaten..

(really should need a degree in wand using before getting one)  LOL

So, WURM needs a Hogwarts?

Made a 95 tile tunnel through the mountain with 1 hit GM powers and wand. Ore veins take 2 hits though, 1 to remove the ore type and the next removes the rock wall. Created a few groups of 25 concrete and leveled the floors along the way. Nice stuff!

=Ayes=