I keep finding these but they don't seem to open. They are unlocked so whats up with this?

[20:11:48] A chest inscribed with various runes. Only the gods would know why it appeared here. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It has a lock of fantastic quality, which is unlocked. It is made from birchwood. It can not be improved. Ql: 57.0, Dam: 0.0.

Posted (edited)

Bump as I am still finding ones on WU epic servers that are unlocked but cannot be opened:

A chest inscribed with various runes. Only the gods would know why it appeared here. This is a supreme example of the item, with fine details and slick design. It has a lock of fantastic quality, which is unlocked. It is made from birchwood. It can not be improved. Ql: 72.0, Dam: 0.0.  

also:

A chest inscribed with various runes. Only the gods would know why it appeared here. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It has a lock of exceptional quality, which is unlocked. It is made from birchwood. It can not be improved. Ql: 65.0, Dam: 0.0.

Not sure whether the key on default Heavenord map is "findable", this is on a custom WU map that apparently uses epic/Adventure database...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I *think* the "unlocked" message is a bug. They are actually locked when they spawn with a lock.

There is no key for them, they are meant to be lockpicked on PVP servers, and can't be opened at all on vanilla PVE.

You can use my claim mod to be able to open them.