Sign in to follow this  
gelavin

Has anyone figured out how to show your map in game?

As the topic says any figured out how to get your personal map to show in game?  Appears they are in the graphics pak client side, so probably wont get any input from CC how to do it.. 

I heard you just manually add the custom map image to your client file and replace the current one there, but I have not tried it myself.

Woop thanks! it works... Not as fancy as your maps but still great ....even zooms ok!!

Where is the map file path?  I wasn't able to find that graphic.

Where is the map file path?  I wasn't able to find that graphic.

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\packs   Look for graphics.jar and open it ... look for gui and open that then look for testmaps folder.. replace which ever map is currently showing in your game with your custom map just rename old one and add new one!!

I hope it was ok to show this if not I can delete post!

• Like 1

Anyone know how you could do this server side? So that every client connecting automatically uses the custom map instead of having each client manually do it?

Anyone know how you could do this server side? So that every client connecting automatically uses the custom map instead of having each client manually do it?

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\packs   Look for graphics.jar and open it ... look for gui and open that then look for testmaps folder.. replace which ever map is currently showing in your game with your custom map just rename old one and add new one!!

I hope it was ok to show this if not I can delete post!

Will try when I get home.. I had tried adding my map file then changing the name in the database.. that didnt work.. Will try this and see what happens..

Maybe the easiest way would be through a mod of some sort?

Have we even figured out how to mod anything in the game yet?

I've modded digging to work like mining, and for deed planting to ignore alliance influence on chaos type servers so that you can deed near the starter deed :^)