Sign in to follow this  
Lordterrabyte

game wont open

all i get is Microsoft Windows dialogue box telling me "Wurm Client has stopped working" I've tried reinstalling but no joy I've never used steam before so could use any ideas at this point.

Got the same thing on a 32 bit machine running win 8 - got a message into steam over it. My guess is the VC redistributable is crashing, but we will see.

64 bit install went fine.

Edited by sunsvortex

Got the same thing on a 32 bit machine running win 8 - got a message into steam over it. My guess is the VC redistributable is crashing, but we will see.

64 bit install went fine.

^Probably. Guess we gotta wait for Warlander or someone to fix this T_T

Note: Installing proper VC redistributable does not work. Just reinstalled my 32bit version to make sure it wasn't out of date. Could we get some setting somewhere to let us make it use the right one or something

Edited by akaedis

^Probably. Guess we gotta wait for Warlander or someone to fix this T_T

Note: Installing proper VC redistributable does not work. Just reinstalled my 32bit version to make sure it wasn't out of date. Could we get some setting somewhere to let us make it use the right one or something

Allready talked to Warlander, Its not a Java Issue, he believes it to be an issue with the native wrapper.

I have done a clean reinstall of Steam, Wiped all versions of the redist and installed 1 at a time and tried to launch each time. Without 2013 it just hangs with no Microsoft error, with 2013 itll give the Microsoft error. I still havent heard back from Steam on this....still waiting...their customer service really sucks.

Its getting old seeing this

tTRz4OF.png

Edited by sunsvortex

Just to clarify that were on the same client bug here, When launching "Wurm Unlimited" Through steam OR .exe in WU Folder, It proceeds to say WU client has stopped responding without actually opening anything.

yep - When i push play..the image in my previous post is what i get....every time. No matter the process used to start it.. exe or steam

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 1

all i get is Microsoft Windows dialogue box telling me "Wurm Client has stopped working" I've tried reinstalling but no joy I've never used steam before so could use any ideas at this point.

• Like 1