Sign in to follow this  
ProgNut

WU Performance Question

I am a little dissappointed with the FPS I am getting on my game.  Averaging 20-30 FPS.  Server and client on one PC, however I look at performance manager and my PC is not getting taxed in any way.  Do you all think this is due to Steam connection?  Any tips other than drop my graphics settings?  I also play WO on same PC at 60 FPS.

I'm getting 30 FPS and LOVING it.  Then again, I'm on a laptop.  :P

I realize this isn't that helpful, but WU actually gives me much better performance than WO, even when on higher serttings.

• Like 1

I realize this isn't that helpful, but WU actually gives me much better performance than WO, even when on higher serttings.

I noticed that too. OP, perhaps it could be your java version?

Edited by Handsome_Jack

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples, you could copy the same gamesettings.txt that you use in Wurm Online to your Wurm Unlimited config directory: \Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default

Just overwrite the existing one. 

Another question that comes to mind, are you using a laptop with an integrated and dedicated graphics card? If so, you may need to configure WurmLauncher.exe to run on the dedicated graphics card. 

Also, to eliminate it being an issue with the server running on the same machine, have you tested connecting to someone else's server to see if you still get poor performance in Wurm Unlimited?

Same as what everyone above said, even though the server takes up quite some ram I'm still getting more performance in WU than in WO. Make sure your settings are the same. Also make sure WU is in full screen mode. I get ~30 fps lower when I'm not in fullscreen mode.

I will have to check, but this is a laptop (ASUS ROG) with a Nvidia GTX 765 card, so I expect the dedicated card to run the apps.  I have the settings high when I am on Xanadu and I am not in full screen on WO.  I expected what the rest of you are commenting, that the performance was better.  Thanks for the advice anyway. 

So, just in case this helps anyone else, I changed from Windowed full screen to Windowed resizable, and instantly went to 50 - 60 FPS.  Go figure.