Sign in to follow this  
Soleil

What is adventure mode?

I can't find enough info about it.

I know there's npcs and such, but are they everywhere? Like are there actual villages on the map and the npcs in it actually DO stuff?

Edited by Soleil

Comon guys some details!!  I know there are some posts out there.

Adventure Mode is just the opposite of Creative Mode. Think of it like Survival Mode in Minecraft. As far as I can tell quests are minimal and reduced to just a simple tutorial at the very start. Quests are not a key part of the game.

However.. don't let that stop you. The game is really awesome.

Edited by cherbert

To quote: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539113618

"Adventure
This map is recommended for new players as it has a tutorial and offers a tailored experience for new and old Wurm players. You embark on a quest to obtain the Key of the Heavens in order to ascend as one of the deities of Wurm. There is much to explore and discover in this map, such as abandoned houses, hidden caves, unique creatures, and awesome loot. NPCs interact with you and the world around you, directing you to participate in events like the Hunt of the Ancients."

I start adventure mode and spawn near mol-rehan tower guard. And they kill me in few hits. Is it ok?) How can I choose side?

nwm, i had to choose kingdom at start

Edited by MadBananaS

I start adventure mode and spawn near mol-rehan tower guard. And they kill me in few hits. Is it ok?) How can I choose side?

I think this is a bug caused by choosing Kingdom "none" when you start your character. Pick one of the available kingdoms instead and it should spawn you in the correct starting zone for that kingdom and the guards won't kill you :-)

adventure mode is a simulated epic PVP server with NPC and prebuilt roads and towns.  They even kingdom chat with you..   You have mission quests as well as a talking suggesting what to do next, all that coding depends on you picking your kingdom.   Do not turn off epic PVP when you make the server.  It is intended to be like an open world RPG that has main story quests, level lockpicking to loot chests, etc.

The first part of the stream demoed it pretty good, but you have to wait for it to be edited and put up on youtube.  The archive was removed as he showed his facebook page to the world.

It is not at all like Minecraft Survival, instead WU Creative mode is the survival mode where you have a blank slate world and you can adjust spawns to be as passive or hostile or dense as you want. They only call it creative because you have the option to GM god mode it to be like Minecraft Creative.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1

^ That's the kind of undocumented feature that would have been nice to know when starting a server...

• Like 1