Sign in to follow this  
yarnevk

Unfixfix

Now that I am getting back into Wurm (left at VAT revolt before Xanadu) seems we need a configurable meta mod to unfix what Rolf 'fixed'.   Everyone please add to the list so someone can create a mod that will allow you to play what Wurm used to be like last time you played.

tree colliders 

vocal creatures

actual wooden ships

unfinished items

no parkour fences

noob buffs

Edited by yarnevk

With GM powers you can disable certain Features.  I didnt take note of many of them but I did see Bridges for example, so I assume you could run a server that undoes the fences and tree collision changes, but you'd also lose bridges.

"Unfixing" most of these features would break other features - these changes had to be made for a reason. :)

Of course coding and debugging will be required to unfix things....but nobody is in a hurry to make a scheduled release feature in hopes of increasing premium subs here, so take the time to debug and do it right.

vocal creatures was because neighbors complained about griefing cows because local sound propogation is simply wrong and should have been fixed by adding a mute/level for creatures then actually fixing distant sound.

unfinished items for noob friendlyness, need a hammer to finish this hammer catch22 needs solved but not all of us need hands held soccer trophies for showing up to practice....real crafting breaking and unfinishing things is part of learning.

the release note that turned off tree collision blamed it on bridges, with the turnoff being the quick don't want to hold up bridges release fix that was supposed to be temporary.  Nobody was cheating by resting on a tree in the woods when that is absolutely realistic, should not have to give up bridges to do that simple thing.

And texture pack changes for ships?  Had nothing to do with changing ship codes, that is simple texture swapping that already exists elsewhere for other crafts.

fences - add a vertical collider to them no need for them to be the same as bridges.

I am sure there is more to be added to the list....

Edited by yarnevk

Now that I am getting back into Wurm (left at VAT revolt before Xanadu) seems we need a configurable meta mod to unfix what Rolf 'fixed'.   Everyone please add to the list so someone can create a mod that will allow you to play what Wurm used to be like last time you played.

tree colliders 

vocal creatures

actual wooden ships

unfinished items

no parkour fences

A fix for jumpable fences would be to set the fence collision heights to extremely high values in WallConstants.class

A fix for jumpable fences would be to set the fence collision heights to extremely high values in WallConstants.class

I imagine many of these are simple fixes like that, and you would only have the tradeoff of not putting fences under a bridge.

I bet if the creatures sounds directories was restored with original animal sounds it would start working again, lot easier for devs to 'fix' by simply removing the files than changing the code.

Edited by yarnevk

Added noob buffs to the unfix list because I really do not want to hold hands with Rolf for the next 24 hours.....

H-how do you jump fences without a jump button? >.>

(I uh, never played WO)

H-how do you jump fences without a jump button? >.>

(I uh, never played WO)