Sign in to follow this  
Vaktus

How do you get an Ebony Wand?

Hi guys,

I've just created a server on Wurm Unlimited, made myself the highest GM rank, but I don't seem to get a wand.

How do I give myself one?

Thanks,

Vaktus

Edited by Vaktus

That is bugged atm. Give another account GM rights and it will work on the other account. Create with the other account a wand for your main account

That is bugged atm. Give another account GM rights and it will work on the other account. Create with the other account a wand for your main account

It is on the server GUI under the players tab. Set the GM power number between 0 (NORMAL) and 5 (DEV)

Kegan, when you bring up the launcher and choose "Manage server" change the tab to player.

The option is under Player Game Manger Power, float your mouse over it for options.

Choose #5 I was able to get an ebony wand no problem.

Edited by Wingz

Hi,

Apologies if I sound newbish; this is my first day playing.

How do you create another account? I tried changing my name on the launcher and giving the new character the highest GM rank, but I still don't have any wand.

Is there potentially something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Vaktus

To be sure, are you saving after you change the settings?

To be sure, are you saving after you change the settings?

I am clicking the 'Save' button, yes. I just noticed that my server has 'Epic' settings enabled. Would that possibly be an issue?

EDIT: I just disabled 'Epic' settings on my server, and restarted. I seem to have an 'Ebony Wand' now. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Vaktus

Glad you got it figured out. I had no clue that setting would cause it to not work, thanks for the tip!  :)

Edited by Wingz

Kegan, when you bring up the launcher and choose "Manage server" change the tab to player.

The option is under Player Game Manger Power, float your mouse over it for options.

Choose #5 I was able to get an ebony wand no problem.

I guess i never even seen anything like that but i am downloading the server files again from steam i am going to learn everything on the default maps before i try and move on to player made maps.  They worked but they had bad slope and the old area names were still there from the default creative map.

• Like 1

So uh what happens if you got the wand, but then lose it =X Is there a way to get it back? .. I mean not like it happened to me.. =X maybe.. 

• Like 1

So uh what happens if you got the wand, but then lose it =X Is there a way to get it back? .. I mean not like it happened to me.. =X maybe.. 

I am encountering the same issue here.

Changing your GM level (say from 5 to 4) regenerates one. You'll also need to change your GM level to 2 in order to get the ivory wand which I hear is used in spawning items ... although I can't seem to work out exactly how to spawn items with it.

go to your server name list make our gm back to normal save then make them gm again

what I found was usually restarting the server worked to get it when it wasn't giving it.  

Wands going to your character is a new thing for WU, it does not do that in WO so may take a bit of tweaking...  What you can do is keep a record of the wurmid of the wand.  so if it is ever lost, you can use the #loadItemFromHell command to retrieve it.

Okay doesn't work for me.

I have choosen to buy a hosted server on which i have access to SQLite and that's it.

I managed to edit the player's database to give a character of mine the power "5" (or 4).

Have restartet the server several times but no ebony wand appears.

what to do ?

[edit]

okay this thread helped me alot:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/132922-ebony-wand-spawn/?p=1364939

works for me :-)

Edited by Syleth

On 10/21/2015 at 4:25 PM, Vaktus said:

Hi guys,

I've just created a server on Wurm Unlimited, made myself the highest GM rank, but I don't seem to get a wand.

How do I give myself one?

Thanks,

Vaktus

I hope you have figured it out. I had to set lvl to 1 save then start server then shut the server down and set lvl to 5 save and start the server and new wand. My wand disappeared when i was building a home!! 

[20:56:05] #give <id> [ql] [amount] - gives you an item with the specified parameters. Use id 176 for ebony wand.

sorry another necro by mistake

Edited by lowborn