Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

What are the *real* default settings for Freedom and Epic on WO?

I've tried configuring the values, for say the deed stakes as an example, but no matter what configuration of enable, or override, restarting server after  each one is applied, has seem to make any effect. If I just uncheck enable, it always wants to seem to revert, override, which is noted to change the behaviour, doesn't seem to make any changes to this either. I'm still able to use and create the deed stake, same goes for skill gain, it still works the same. So, am I missing something here, has anyone actually been successful when changing these settings in feature management, or perhaps it just simply does nothing?

I've tried configuring the values, for say the deed stakes as an example, but no matter what configuration of enable, or override, restarting server after  each one is applied, has seem to make any effect. If I just uncheck enable, it always wants to seem to revert, override, which is noted to change the behaviour, doesn't seem to make any changes to this either. I'm still able to use and create the deed stake, same goes for skill gain, it still works the same. So, am I missing something here, has anyone actually been successful when changing these settings in feature management, or perhaps it just simply does nothing?

I think you are right. The only setting I tried was to disable the Valari Map. But it is still available despite me having disabled it.

You can try setting it in the database directly. I don't remember the file/table off the top of my head though.

So I found the proper table to edit, it's located within the wurmlogin.db, the table is called OVERRIDDENFEATURES. This table automatically gets updated when you check the override box in the feature management. There is the enabled fields which is used to store a boolean value. Updating this manually doesn't change the behaviour of the given feature anymore than updating through feature management in game does.

• Like 1

So I found the proper table to edit, it's located within the wurmlogin.db, the table is called OVERRIDDENFEATURES. This table automatically gets updated when you check the override box in the feature management. There is the enabled fields which is used to store a boolean value. Updating this manually doesn't change the behaviour of the given feature anymore than updating through feature management in game does.

This is a very common problem we're seeing. The options that are available in the launcher, which frankly aren't enough for a game like this, are only partially implemented (used), so we have to find a lot of things in the database. That would be acceptable [to us] if it was that simple. However, not only is the database a mess and difficult to parse through, but some code is "sanitizing" it, so changes you make just get reverted more often than not.

I realize that this thing is a port to a system that has been managed in house for so long, where they don't need everything to be friendly, but when it's released to the end user to manage it needs to be manageable.

The worst one that we ran in to cost us a world reset. Everyone was a little upset with losing everything.  After the "Home Server checked" and "Home Server Kingdom 0" problem that so many are seeing came up, we tried to fix all the problems in the database, and everything just kept reverting. For example setting the Home Server Kingdom to 4, then changing the players' KINGDOM to 4, just to watch them all go back to 0 at login.

This dedicated server is only ready for production if you are ok with all the defaults. Don't try changing anything on your production servers until they do a lot more work on server management utilities.

I did not mean that it did keep my changes in the database, that it did.  But it just still did not disable the new skill gain system as I would expect it to, which tells me it's not fully implemented or was taken out of Wurm Unlimited code.

I also understand what you're saying as well Acecase. A lot of the database changes you make require for the server to be shutdown first, other times they relay on other mechanics that, if aren't set properly, will end up reverting the changes you made. It would be nice to have a bit more documentation on what features relay on what in the database. Although ideally, just having those options added to the GUI configuration would be best.

Documentation? In Wurm? pfhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha 

Please dont kid yourselves. 

Right from IRC (think we can trust the man):

[00:30] <Rolf> cr modifier should be 1 i think and like 30%

30% agressive seems really low to me, anyone else? I was playing on Release though so it might of been a bit high before, i currently have mine set at 70% and still cant find hostile ones to kill

We can look at the graph for creature count here, using Release as an example, it seems that it's around half the overall creatures are aggressive. Both Pristine, Exodus, and Celebration all have around the same creature ratio. Xanadu seems to be the lowest at around 39%. You can find the rest of the graphs here.

Does anyone have an explanation for the crazy skill gain drop off at 20ish? I gained so much up to 20 and now it dropped crazy, like .1 per min to .1 per 10 min going from 19 to lvl 20. I dont have epic curve on.