Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

What are the *real* default settings for Freedom and Epic on WO?

For example, the server default on WU is 3x skillgain and 3x CR bonus against mobs

I want to know the full list of options and what they are for the Online game on both clusters, so we can have an idea of what we want them to be on our own servers

Thanks and Advance!

• Like 3

It was said in the livestream  that 1.0 for everything was wurm defaults. I am not sure if this is still true

Not really possible to set WO defaults in WU due to some subtle differences (for example, completely different skillgain system).

Not really possible to set WO defaults in WU due to some subtle differences (for example, completely different skillgain system).

Most likely something around 1, but it is impossible to specify any exact number due to these differences.

So, we noticed that regardless of what you set for the skill multiplier, if you check "Epic Settings" then it is ~2x more than your server skill multiplier...this is very confusing. Checking "Epic Settings" also puts an effective Curve on your skills, if you press F2 you will see the effective tooltip pop up..very confusing. So we unchecked "Epic Settings" and reset it and the skill ticks are now ~1/2 what they were--without changing the skill multiplier

@ Warlander: thanks so much for responding to this thread and answering question to clear up the confusion. Really appreciate it!!! :D

Most likely something around 1, but it is impossible to specify any exact number due to these differences.

What about player combat rating multiplayer or aggressive creatures?

• Like 1

^ yes, please

Right from IRC (think we can trust the man):

[00:30] <Rolf> cr modifier should be 1 i think and like 30%

1. Skill gain duration has no effect on gain size for WU. In WO a longer action produces larger skill gains. This means that faster actions timers in WU speed up level progression compared to WO.

2. It appears the chance to get a gain in WU is very high, almost to the point of every action produces a gain in all applicable skills. In WO you see gain frequency much less. 

here are some dig and drop dirt numbers. skill modifier at 0.5 and action length at 3.0.

>1 ql dirt and there are many more just like this.
[15:35:30] Mind increased by 0.000010 to 19.503708
[15:35:30] Mind logic increased by 0.000063 to 19.505653
[15:35:30] Miscellaneous items increased by 0.00945 to 1.9444
[15:35:30] Shovel increased by 0.0254 to 2.072
[15:35:30] Body increased by 0.000011 to 19.521925
[15:35:30] Body strength increased by 0.000061 to 19.605335
[15:35:30] Body increased by 0.000010 to 19.521935
[15:35:30] Body stamina increased by 0.000063 to 19.558058
[15:35:30] Digging increased by 0.00720 to 13.8128

1 ql dirt...finally gone this.
[15:35:49] Mind increased by 0.000011 to 19.503719
[15:35:49] Mind logic increased by 0.000063 to 19.505716
[15:35:49] Miscellaneous items increased by 0.00934 to 1.9537
[15:35:49] Shovel increased by 0.0249 to 2.097
[15:35:49] Body increased by 0.000011 to 19.521946
[15:35:49] Body strength increased by 0.000063 to 19.605398
[15:35:49] Body increased by 0.000010 to 19.521955
[15:35:49] Body stamina increased by 0.000063 to 19.558121
[15:35:49] Digging increased by 0.00723 to 13.8201 

Okay, this is confusing to me since they stated WU is, essentially, a carbon copy of WO, other than the obvious differences of being able to host your own server, etc. Hell, the ticket system and GM system is even the same. Can you link to proof that the skillgain system is different? I don't know the answer, but I'm going to assume they're the exact same skillgain systems - hell, that's what makes Wurm so appealing to so many people. 

Okay, this is confusing to me since they stated WU is, essentially, a carbon copy of WO, other than the obvious differences of being able to host your own server, etc. Hell, the ticket system and GM system is even the same. Can you link to proof that the skillgain system is different? I don't know the answer, but I'm going to assume they're the exact same skillgain systems - hell, that's what makes Wurm so appealing to so many people. 

I believe one of the main differences they've stated is that the WU skill gain is not based off time spent on the activity like WO is. In WO, the longer it takes you to complete the action, the larger the skill gain you'll get from it. That doesn't happen in WU as it's success based, not time spent based.

Warlander is one of the game developers. 

Warlander is one of the game developers. 

Then I guess it's safe to trust his word on such things. LOL. 

But then why? Why would they change the entire skillgain system? That really makes no sense. 

Is it a proprietary thing?

Because WO is an MMO where grinding skills by spending more action time fosters player driven economies because you will want to keep playing the game to improve your action time and use enchanted skilling tools to slow you down when you do need the skill more than the time saved.   WU is not an MMO it is a single/multiplayer game with expectations and defaults for signficantly reduced action timers, which means you would have skilled up slower than WO because of less action time.  Thus the action time skilling system has been replaced with success skilling.

Edited by yarnevk

You do know you can disable the new skill gain system, right? Manage Server Features on the ebony wand and there is an option in there regarding the skill system.

Why would that not be on the server config window?!  What else is on the GM wand for server setup?

Enabling traders for one. There's a whole buncha stuff when you right click on the wand with it selected. Some other stuff is in the .db files, some other stuff in the wurm.ini , think the server GUI was just "punched in the nose and thrown on the plate"