Sign in to follow this  
Gawain

New roof shapes and types

Hi!

I had some small ideas for wurm that I would really like to see. They mostly regard minor improvements to already existing features of wurm.

1. Roofs

I would love it if there were different roofs. So instead of a roof always being a piramid, a roof could be like:

6226116_orig.gif

+ dome 

+ vault ceiling (counts as a floor type, would be the easiest way to add them I guess)

and other forms if there is any interest in them. All roofs need the same material (like a shingle roof) but there is just another option available when building a roof.

Also being able to have a floor under a pointy roof would make a nice attic. Since the walls are basically the roof. This is hard to make so skip this but if someone were able to do it: sweet.

Walls on walls without having to make a floor first. This way you can have high ceilings and possibly make better and cooler looking churches or throne chambers.

For this you would also need something like a: crane or scaffolding. Scaffolding sounds best and it needs to be something that decays like hell but uses little material.

+ Columns that can support wall/arch corners (stackable for multi story structures)

Not having to build all walls before adding floors. I understand all reasons why this is not included in wurm online but on a private server 'who cares! :D'.

Pottery brick walls

Mortar coating for brick walls (to make smooth walls)

Round windows

stained glass windows

Balustrade

More requests for building? Comment and I will add some to the post to make it more noticable. I made requests from other people fat.

Thanks in advance ;)

• Like 4

+1  yes yes yes!! shade roof is something i want for a very loong time!

+1 It would be an improvement just to have roofs with eaves, i.e. an overhang - atm they all look silly tightly meshed flush with the walls - an option for eaves at minimum.

+1 to some change of roof-design, as current pyramid roofs on anything longer than 3 tiles look plain humongous forcing some players to make holes in their roofs just so it wouldn't look too silly from the outside

+1 I love learning the words for things I didn't know there were words for

+1

That would be awesome.  More custom stuff to keep it fun and interesting.  I'm starting to see everyone's place look the same.  This is nice.

Also: An option to build a roof w/ceiling

I think roof types (in terms of structure) would have be set under Manage Building to determine the shape set being used.