Sign in to follow this  
InositoL

I think someone forgot to set the dedicated server as private

normal WO is 1.0 on all settings

So by default it's setting things pretty high for WU.

• Like 1

So how does it work to run a dedicated server and use custom Wurm Maps?

• Like 1

So how does it work to run a dedicated server and use custom Wurm Maps?

Before you start up the server, copy them into either the creative or adventure folder and overwrite the map files.. I guess the water map is a generic one?  Then start the server and it should populate it properly with mobs and such.. at least that's what i've done to this point.. 

If that's wrong, then I'll have to fix it later lol

Anyone have any idea what the following settings are?

Home Server Kingdom = 4 (What does the 4 mean?)

Player combat rating modifier = 3.0 (What does this mean and what is WO default?)

Hota Delay = 2160 (Is this time between Hotas in minutes? What if you have no Hota area defined?)

Minimum mining hits required = 51 (Isn't WO default like 45?)

Breeding time modifier = 5 (what does this value mean and what is WO default?)

Money pool in silver = 100 (what does the 100 mean? By default are traders funds replenished at a regular interval like WO?)

Maintenance = Box unchecked ( what does checking this box do?)

In additon when setting multiple map servers, I'm assuming I have to setup multiple server instances with their own server files. Do I need to have different external ports for each server? For example the home server would have the default external port of 3724, so would a second island/server have a port of 3725?

Thanks in advance for those who can answer these.

*Deleted *

Seems my way of loading player made maps/servers is causing more confusion but it has worked for me so deleting the post. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

An update just got added to the dedicated server, now word on what was updated.

You can download the server through steamcmd. 

The server should start fine using steam's anonymous api then.

login anonymous

force_install_dir <path>   (think this might be optional)

app_update 402370

quit

Running those commands in steamcmd should download the server for you.

Think you can also do app_update 402370 validate so that it forces a validation of the files after the download to make sure all is there.

I've done this and this is what I get when running the server like I would a regular minecraft server:

zaz@earfbox1:/mnt/fun/wurm/server$ java -jar server.jar

no main manifest attribute, in server.jar

Any suggestions?

Edited by ZaZ213

There should be an executable file among the files downloaded called WurmServerLauncher that you can use to start the server.

There should be an executable file among the files downloaded called WurmServerLauncher that you can use to start the server.

WurmServerLauncher seems to require a GUI (errors out on failed graphics initialization). Is there a way to launch the server in headless mode for those of us trying to see if it'll run on our dedicated Linux servers/VPSs?

Ah yes you can start it with ./WurmServerLauncher Start=YourServerFolder and it should skip the GUI.
Should probably have mention that.

• Like 2

You will have to edit the database files manually if you want to configure it in headless. 
wurmlogin.db would be where you find the settings exposed in the gui, the servers table.

I would recommend doing the settings in the gui and then upload the folder to the server, just to make things a little easier.

• Like 1

You will have to edit the database files manually if you want to configure it in headless. 

wurmlogin.db would be where you find the settings exposed in the gui, the servers table.

I would recommend doing the settings in the gui and then upload the folder to the server, just to make things a little easier.

Yea, unless I'm missing something, no reason to be allowed to change ip addresses, as anything but what is already in there causes server to crash.. 

Some of us have multiple IP's on our machines, due to using VMware or VPN software, or other sundry cases.  So yes, there's lots of reasons to want to set the IP manually.

Got my own Ubuntu headless host up and running, finally, with the help of the information in this discussion (thanks ErikN).

I do, however, have one question: How do I do a clean server shutdown when running a headless host?

Got my own Ubuntu headless host up and running, finally, with the help of the information in this discussion (thanks ErikN).

I do, however, have one question: How do I do a clean server shutdown when running a headless host?

Typing 

shutdown

into the headless Wurm Unlimited server console will do it.

That did not work the first time I tried it but, apparently, posting here fixed it so now it does! :D

Thank you kindly!