Sign in to follow this  
RomaN

Bring back Gift Wrapping

Please reintroduce gift wrapping so that we can add a bit of christmas touch to the presents we want to give out to friends for Christmas.

As I understand it, it was removed because people were exploiting it to wrap up items such as pelts and hides to prevent decay. As Etherdrifter will point out in their post below, people continue to do that anyways by storing them on free alts.

Just bring back Gift Wrapping. It was a great feature.

Edited by RomaN
  • Like 12

People just store hides and pelts on a free alt now.

Just bring it back fully, it was a fun feature.

• Like 2

... I say bring it back for saving the ql of pelts and whetstones ect.

Another one of those "features" that were highly helpful, convenient, and nice to have. That was removed for.....(?)

• Like 1

+1  I liked the different wrappings the gifts would have.  If the drama is an 'exploit' for pelts etc, then make them decay a faster or something like that.  It was incredibly convenient to be able to wrap a tool or weapon for someone that only that someone could open.

• Like 4

+1

I cannot believe such a cool feature was removed from the game for SUCH a silly reason.  Like is the world going to implode because someone found a way to prevent pelt decay or something.  I mean really...

• Like 2

You could just add decay to the present. This is an awesome idea. We have birthdays in our town and frequently give gifts. It would be nice to not have to make a small chest or a pouch just to deliver a present.

+1

• Like 1

You could just add decay to the present. This is an awesome idea. We have birthdays in our town and frequently give gifts. It would be nice to not have to make a small chest or a pouch just to deliver a present.

+1

I like that, if wrapped items decayed faster or at least the same as other dropped items there would be no storage abuse issue.

• Like 1

+1

Gift wrapping if exploiting for decay prevention, just remove the exploit not the feature.

• Like 2