Sign in to follow this  
Yamuliss

Slander of Wurm Online Because Wurm Unlimited Release!

Pretty typical of the wurm community , if you don't see a 10 out of 10 ( Or a very high praised review) , then things are really bad , slander , people wants to destroy wurm and so on.

Have you guys ever considered that some people actually will give their opinion about wurm based on what their actual experience is?

What is pretty strange is that "most" people knows that Wurm has a very low retention value over time , yet they react like it's the end of day when negative reviews comes inn , truth is , WU /WO is a niche game and untill that changes it will still have people who loves it and people who hates it.

Personally I've probably been at both three sides , Hate it , Love it , and now Neutral to it. I'm actually curious about how WU will work and perhaps if it's not as demanding as WO and can be played without having to sell your soul to belzebub then I'd actually might consider it for a while.

• Like 1

To label a product in this case a game as bad because your banned and things didn't go your way just so you can hopefully persuade a larger community to boycott the product, im sorry thats a form of slander in my opinion-you are free to agree or disagree but thats how i see it.

You are literally wrong.  It's not a matter of opinion.  Words have meanings, you don't get to make up your own definitions.  Slander is a very specific legal term.

ˈslandər/
noun
LAW

1. 1.
    the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

For one, it's not a crime to leave a negative review.  That's the purpose of reviews.  Negative reviews are part of the system and it's neither wrong nor illegal to make them.  The statements made are also not entirely false.  At most, you could argue that it speaks of a singular experience, but even that isn't true since many people have experienced the same things.

By all means, disagree with the review given (as do I) and provide your own.  But don't pretend it's some sort of moral--or legal--outrage that someone had a negative experience and voiced as much using factual evidence.

Edited by JackBinimbul
  • Like 1

Well i mean they have a right to their opinion. we all do. They're belief about the staff is pretty accurate though

Well after trying Wurm Unlimited i must say Rolf did in fact make a worthy product for steam. To early to tell if it will bring people to wurm on-line or not. But after playing it im not sure why anyone would want to pay a monthly to Rolf on the on-line game when they can make a one time payment for the game on steam and have there own little server to boot. I do feel its the death of the on-line game as we know it.

'most expensive rpg on the net'

Even if you paid to deed an entire server it's still cheaper than some other mmo's.

'most expensive rpg on the net'

Even if you paid to deed an entire server it's still cheaper than some other mmo's.

uh.... what?

1 server = 2048x2048... thats 4194304 tiles.

Each tile cost 20 iron per month.

So thats 83886080 iron per month.

thats 83886 silver...

A silver is 1.6€.

So you are telling me that there is a game out there with a 134217€ monthly fee?

Which one?

• Like 1

Spending hours tonight crafting and building on my server i can see Wurm unlimited as being very addictive and far better then any sand box offered on steam however I'm very concerned about the online community at large for wurm. If everyone is building there own little piece of the pie on WU so to speak what makes the Devs or Rolf think that anyone who left to try WU will be back to play hard core again on WO. Truthfully i don't see it happening. $26.99 you get unlimited Premium Time and ur own little world. The pros of owning WU out way the cons. He did a good job on this one and i have to give him credit, him and the devs but im afraid they killed the online game and maybe that was the plan to begin with. I am Hours into it i seen no bugs. It was easy to set up and get running. So easy to get your server setup and off and going it was sort of scary. The neat aspect of being able to link up other servers for traveling between them is a nice added bonus. I don't know how Wurm online would compete with WU. If your a long time player haven't purchased WU id have to reluctantly say you be insane not to. Again the pros out way the cons. The game was done very well on steam.

Edited by Yamuliss

Game is on 'very positive' right now on steam, its pretty overwhelmingly good reviews, most of these (due to how soon they have been published) are the players like us however, those that already know and love the game so don't need to spend hours seeing what it is like :)

I do not think a few trolls are going to hurt the game at this point, with the 'very positive' start out its not going to decrease much from there if at all imo, most people know what they are getting into when they buy a game like this and its going to exceed most expectations for most people who try it, its NOT early access like most of the competitors out there, its a finished game that works :)

To label a product in this case a game as bad because your banned and things didn't go your way just so you can hopefully persuade a larger community to boycott the product, im sorry thats a form of slander in my opinion-you are free to agree or disagree but thats how i see it.

• Like 1

Ahhh...someone else with some etymological sanity.

I've got to hold onto something - sometimes it's the only sanity I've got.  ;)