Sign in to follow this  
Rhododendron

You SHOULD be able to attack your own mount while riding it.

You SHOULD be able to attack your own mount while riding it. This adds to the freedom of Wurm - if you can't attack your own mount while riding it, there's no freedom and everything is restricted.

When you attack your own mount it makes you feel that it's a human touch - if you take it out it makes things feel much more fake. If you're riding a horse and you have a weapon in your hands, you would be able to attack the horse! That much is clear. It would be silly to take out that option, because it makes things fake and restricted.

• Like 7

You should also be able to attack yourself, cut your knees while you are on said horse.. and why not have blisters on your hands ? while you use your maul, it is heavy..

Why compare real life with a game ? It's a silly mechanic to be able to kill the mount you are on just because there is lag and/or the horse head gets in the way of your target. A toggle option in the settings would work just fine for the ones that want to dismount by killing the horse they ride.. for some weird reason.. or PVP reasons.. but on PVE everyone will probably disable such an 'option' as it makes no sense

• Like 3

Attacking your own horse should be an option - however a keybind for 'attack enemy', which will not work on neutral or allied creatures would be great, as double clicking is a little finicky when things are moving around.

• Like 4

With this logic, something along toilets should be added before you could kill your own horse while riding it.

Because not being able to take a dump breaks freedom, makes everything fake and restricted?

Killing your own horse while riding makes no sense. As faty said, you can't compare a game with real life.

PS.

Red Dead Redemption is a good game if you wish to kill your own horse while riding.

rip shield skilling on horses

[edit] oh actually rip targetting at all

Edited by asdf

i dont understand the problem with this, not once have i had an issue with attacking my own horses... or creatures that i didn't want to attack for that matter

be . more . care . full .

Member Since Today, 10:50 AM

Funny is half of the forum goers know who it is.

Alts no longer help people... (Unless you really know what your doing) and then it just invalidates your point if you need to hide from your own opinion on something. Stop attempting at hiding and put your point forth nobody will blame you for it. -.-

• Like 1

i like the fact people get loss from mistakes, hard coding the possibilities to make a mistake out of the game makes it less fun for me

we still joke about on of our villagers because he has killed his own horse a few times :P

Also

i like to ride the horse that is about to become glue off deedand  then killit while still on it

i cant do that anymore!! i will quit the game

<insert whining and rage> 

• Like 1

Yeah this is seriously going to impact my glue production. I might have to rage quit and act all entitled to things being super easy.

Omg like my horses got unlead and ran away because I accidentally embarked on a boat, I'm seriously gonna quit wurm unless warlander patches this bug where you're able to embark on boats while leading horses. You shouldn't be allowed to accidentally get all your horses unlead like that now I need to chase them down but there's a nogump standing next to them and oh no now I'm dead and I lost my horses AND my boat!!!!11!1!1!1!!!###1!$

I'm in srs quit the game mode right now. You should have to unlead horses before being able to get on boats

Warlander I'm counting on you

How is it a bug to embark something while leading animals? What you suggest doesn't fix the problem either as when you unlead them to embark on the boat they will run away, better would be to allow animals to stay led while embarking.

It should be left in, because if it's taken out we're only catering to people's stupidity (attacking their own horses by mistake) while taking out extra options.

better would be to allow animals to stay led while embarking.

Why isn't this already implemented?

Edited by Rhododendron

I see how pvpers would want this, you want people to lag and attack there mounts probably. Right? :rolleyes:

However, I agree, its silly to cater to one person who was going to quit because of it.

Edited by Niki

This is not just single person - this was suggested multiple times already, always with very positive PvE feedback and very negative PvP only, so... We added that PvE only, without changing anything on PvP servers. :)

• Like 7

The name freedom is becomming more and more ironic every year.

Edited by Edge

This is not just single person - this was suggested multiple times already, always with very positive PvE feedback and very negative PvP only, so... We added that PvE only, without changing anything on PvP servers. :)

It's widely unsupported, do you even forum bro?

PvE got the change, PvP remains business as usual, PvP is still whining..... becauuuuuseeeee...... ?

• Like 2