Sign in to follow this  
Rhododendron

This HAS to happen!

I prefer PvP servers, but whatever.

Now Wurm Unlimited is confirmed, I'm SURE there should be a server that's especially large, much much bigger than say, Independence.

A really big, single island (I'd prefer full PvP, but whatever) with tons of room.

Basically I'm surprised nobody has decided to make a really large server yet - isn't that what Wurm Unlimited is about?

I prefer PvP servers, but whatever.

Now Wurm Unlimited is confirmed, I'm SURE there should be a server that's especially large, much much bigger than say, Independence.

A really big, single island (I'd prefer full PvP, but whatever) with tons of room.

Basically I'm surprised nobody has decided to make a really large server yet - isn't that what Wurm Unlimited is about?

• Like 5

We already have a huge server, Xanadu, and it is lag central.  Don't see that being any better with private servers, unless someone has way too much money to spend on a game, and infinite time to keep up with it.

• Like 1

If you want PVP you will never have enough people to have any meaningful conflict on a huge private server.

On xanadu, with a good horse with uber gear, following roads it takes like 5+ hours to cross it, no one is going to do that to raid someone on a server with 100 players.

• Like 2

If you want PVP you will never have enough people to have any meaningful conflict on a huge private server.

On xanadu, with a good horse with uber gear, following roads it takes like 5+ hours to cross it, no one is going to do that to raid someone on a server with 100 players.

I've ridden from the east coast to west coast on roads, driving my hell cart in less than 2 hours.  That includes a stop or two for deliveries, a troll or two, etc.

I've ridden from the east coast to west coast on roads, driving my hell cart in less than 2 hours.  That includes a stop or two for deliveries, a troll or two, etc.

Get a team of people do the same thing....

Private server - Full PVP -- Big Map --- is a not go, maybe thats why nobody is thinking on something like that, and they are more focused on something like challenge than Chaos

You never know, This is the steam community thats being added into the mix here. So you may find people who like big maps & less pvp rather then the current standard of WO where PvP needs to happen every day with smaller servers.

Also with RP servers if they appear. I could definitely see a huge map being made with several continents with each kingdom belonging to each island, then allowing players to RP out who attacks who etc.

• Like 1