Sign in to follow this  
DKSprocket

Remove "destroy structure" from right clicking a wall (or at least make it less ambiguous)

The new "destroy structure" option when right-clicking a wall is way too easy to get mixed up with "Wall->Destroy". Destroying a building is not something you need to do often so it's really not a problem if you have to go through the manage interface. The reason it's easy to mix up is that when you want to destroy something (in this case a wall) then it's not unexpected to get a "Do you want to destroy [...]?" warning and just click it because "yes, i do want to destroy.." - especially when people are only expecting one destroy option on walls.

If you want the option to stay then you could move destroy wall and destroy structure to the same sub-menu so it's clear that there's two different destroy options, but in that case please rename "destroy structure" to "DESTROY BUILDING" so it's 100% clear what it does (a wall built from parts is technically also a structure).

Here is an example of someone making the mistake: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/132482-click-click-house-is-gone/ - I am sure many of those who accidentally destroy their house will call a gm, so fixing this would avoid wasting everyone's time.

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 5

I actually *wanted* to destroy a few small buildings recently and had to look around to figure out how to do this, since at first all I could find was the option to destroy a wall. Still, I think your suggestion to put his option to destroy a building in some separate area and not on clicking the house walls is a good idea for safety's sake. Maybe have it only available within the "Manage Buildings" area when clicking the Body where all those other manage things are?

=Ayes=

They had to do that in Eve when people complained so much about the Jump and Bridge choices being side by side, Jumping the titan when it was supposed to bridge an attack fleet usually resulted in loss of said titan. 

I noticed this today - the option to destroy a single wall and the entire building are way too close to each other - it's really easy to misclick if you lose concentration.

Edited by Heboric

+1 to move it to the manage option - it's such a seldom-used thing, it shouldn't be in the right click menu at all.

• Like 1

+1

First time I saw that, thought: "Great! I can destroy 1 house wall completly without bashing! Nice option."

Almost puffed my whole stronghold.

+1

Causes too many player errors and isn't needed cause the building management screen has buttons to destroy buildings. Might need making that window larger though cause the demolish button cannot be seen on some screens.

big plus one from me, for obvious reasons if you read the linked thread :lol: Yes, that option should only be in the new manage buildings section, or at least moved to some sub section so you have to look for it specifically.

+1 since I was trying to destroy a wall and destroyed a 2-story 3x9 house instead.  Yes, there was a pop-up but I was burning SB in another window and didn't read it closely enough (my mistake, I admit).  But separating them would help with this.