Sign in to follow this  
Ozgod

Server Hosting?

Besides running a server off my computer what services out there could host one for my friends and myself? My search-fu is a bit weak on this subject. Anyone have any recommendations?

i recommend NFO servers

Specifically the dedicated server boxes, theres one in NYC atm thats pretty cheap and good for the price:

E3-1270: Solid-Sandy-Bridge-Based Machine

• Intel Xeon E3-1270 processor (four physical 3.4ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->3.8ghz)
  • 16 GB DDR3-1333 ECC memory
  • 1000 GB, 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
  • 30000 GB of bandwidth transfer
  • Able to host around 250-300 connected players at once

139.99$ USD(Not sure about tax) monthly, 0$ Set up fee with this machine.

NFO Servers id say about 95% to 98% uptime, Performance is pretty good, Hardly any downtime. Tho if your looking for an answer about downtime, sometimes you won't get one which is curious but whatever, server works and it always comes back online so its not too big of a deal imo.

Edited by akaedis

I personally use OVH (worldwide but I get mine through their Canadian site and Canadian data center) been using them a year now with little to no problems. Their ddos setup has saved me a few times as well. 

https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/enterprise/ (flag top right can change country)

might be overkill for a server for just a couple people though....

We are supporting this game in lots of locations and our support is fast and responsive. Please support us by ordering a server. We are 100% behind Wurm Unlimited and its success. We will make it very simple to host and admin your own server. 

24/7 online server. Hosted on 10gb ports. DDOS protected network. Fast response support. 

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. 

Locations:

Dallas

Paris

London

Stockholm

New York

Los angeles

Dallas

Sydney

Frankfurt

Moscow

www.gtxgaming.co.uk

I rented 4 servers with three different companies. GTX has been the fastest to respond to support calls and the cheapest. The only GTX issue is they dont have the install and reinstall working well. But over all GTX is a huge win.

To be not so harsh yes GTX may be positive for the game and if you pay for the quick ticket response you may be able to get stuff sorted quickly But that depends what you call sorted.I have had an issue first with server tech error then an issue with files not been accessable then back to tech error 3/3 days so far server has been unacessable whilst I am still been charged for it and told I can not have refund because they have a policy that states NO REFUNDS. This service sucks and should be avoided at all costs there are better server supliers out there I have used myself. I HAVE MADE IT MY PERSONAL MISSION TO WARN PEOPLE OF GTX BAD SERVER SUPLY.