Sign in to follow this  
Trake

The Curve - Everywhere

Serious suggestion.

Apply The Curve (as it currently is on Epic) to The Freedom Isles

and

Double the early half of The Curve for Epic currently

Might make Wurm Online worth playing to more people by reducing the inane time requirement.

It really is, too slow.

When you should be having to spend time looking for a place to build, you instead have to spend time looking for people to interact with.

I would prefer skill gain be taken back down some myself so I have to object to this suggestion.

When you should be having to spend time looking for a place to build, you instead have to spend time looking for people to interact with.

This will be downvoted into oblivion regardless of whether or not your serious or have good intent behind it. It de-values PvE players precious accounts and there items so it won't be given a second thought. Would increased skill gain help freedom? Yes, Would it actually get put in? Not by the community. Maybe If rolf wants PvE to get an increase in players and make the game more streamlined, Perhaps it would come but otherwise its just gonna be shot down.

lets say 1 of my skills (fe yoyo making) is at 99.xx. if your suggestion comes into place, would i be able to chose the 2nd skill, which i want to be at level 99.xx (like puppeteering), or will it be like with pans - i was stupid, cause i played this game before double gains and not waited for a curve? or we old farts can just get used to it?

Edited by bangzuvelis

Epic's curve was meant as a way of getting into the pvp game faster.  Grinders would hate it

Either way, the line between uniqueness of epic vs freedom has gotten blurred already as is, -1

only thing on pve or pvp id like to see is faster timers for building/crafting stuff ^^

• Like 1

-1 whats the point, go play epic?

This, OR.

Separate PVE servers that will never be connected to freedom. I'd say a lot of people that continue to play like it how it is for the majority (else, they would have quit too...) 

but WU takes care of this issue anyhow, So.....Why?

One of the nice things about playing Wurm for many hours/years is that skills can be eventually raised to higher levels elusive to most who have put less hours/years into the game. Sure, some circumvent this dedication by purchasing these high skilled accounts from sellouts but initially someone had to put in the time to get to these levels.

These high skill levels are then something that no one can take away from those who accomplished this, other than by some suggestion such as this that devalue those efforts. Naw, a few things within the game should at least remain as having to have been earned through a lengthy process by others. This gives some status to those individuals, if even it is only within their own minds, so lets not confuse this stability of something earned with the effort put forth. Thanks.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Its seems allmost a given that sometime soon.......if they really want to try and keep people that come over from WU....that the curve or something like it, will be the new standard across the board. Personally, id probably start getting used to the idea. Rolf believes that all this publicity from WU on steam is going to somehow translate to new players on WO. Ok fine, maybe it will, problem is, they are not going to stay with current grind settings......so If he is true to this, there doesnt seem to be an alternative other than increasing skill gain and action timers in order for those that come over to stay, other wise they will simply say...nope too grindy, too long to do anything, too hard.....

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 5

To atract people from WU to the p2p Wurm they could do other things without hurting old players :

0 decay of everything on deed ( not including food , but still make meals last longer than now) but 0 decay for everything else , including the loss in fsb bsb s.

Faster action timers for everything.

Reduce at half upkeep.

With more people coming as you think it will happen, you can create other pve servers with no connection whatsoever to freedom with the curve of epic. You will need more servers with the thousands of new players coming...right?

But why do something like that to the old playerbase? I see no need for that. Unless Rolf really wants to see a big exodus of old farts

Edited by topkos

My personal opinion is that they havent given a rats ### about veteran players for a very long time. The focus has always been on new players. Its my opinion CC has relied too heavily on the older players hanging around long enough for them to transition to...whatever the direction of the week is, which never seems to pan out. The older players know this and have suffered through a lot of nonsense in the past and most are pretty quick to remind them of it. Older players are a liability and as long as enough new players are coming in.....I dont think he will care one bit to see them leave.

In short...if vets leave because he raises the skill gain and action timers to suit the steam crowd, as long as enough new are coming in...he will do it without any concern for the vets. Just my opinion of it.

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 4

Just no -1. I am proud of the slow pain full grinding I have done over the past three years, even including  gasp weapon smithing.  If  it was easy , it would not be something I value.

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 1

I can agree with it in theory, making the early grind easier while slowing down the late grind.

But making that change now rather than 8 years ago is the issue.

• Like 1

-1 from me as well.

The economy is messed up as it is. If everybody can easy and quickly get to high skills there will be no need for merchants in-game . No need for

people selling on the forums. I can go on with lots of reason this will screw up the economy.

The best suggestion I have seen is to increase early skill rates. It is easy to get to 20 in most skills. After that things start to slow down.

Maybe raise that ceiling to 40 but after that keep it the same as it is now.

To get more new players staying possibly even up the 20 max level for non prem players on tools & weapons smiting to 30 or 40.

also Fighting skill to 30 or 40 so they can experience more of the PvE and other aspects of the game you don't get when

you capped to 20.

This will not hurt the economy because the demand is for items QL70 and up.

TLDR;

Ramp up the initial skill gains up to 40 and use the current curve from there onwards.

• Like 1