Sign in to follow this  
Malena

POLL: We might get a new horse color - which one would you like to see? (see below for pics!)

New horse colors!  

347 members have voted

1. 1. If you could add only 1 new horse color into the game, which one would it be? (see below for pics!)

• #1 Champagne / Cream
    • #2 White Buckskin
    • #3 Gold Buckskin
    • #4 Dapple Grey
    • #5 Jet Black
    • #6 Chestnut
    • #7 Piebald Pinto
    • #8 Skewbald Pinto
    • #9 Leopard Appaloosa
    • #10 Blanket Appaloosa
    • #11 Grey Silver
    • #12 Black Silver
    • #13 Blood Bay
  2. 2. If a few new colors were added to the game, how would you like them to spawn?

• Can be bred / offspring has normal chance of inherting color
    • Can be bred / offspring has rare chance of inherting color
    • Can be bred / Requires 60+ animal husbandry to succeed - if under 60, gives message explaining the horse's lack of trust
    • Cannot be bred / Color comes as a rare mutation from breeding any horse color
    • Cannot be bred / Is born with 5-Speed traits / Only spawn as wild horses

i would like all of the horses. also i joined the game because of horses so these horses are an amazing idea. also great job on the models. you should message a developer with these ideas.

• Like 1

Excellent work on this project Malena! Great to see that it is finally in game due to your creative efforts and persistence, as now we all benefit. Well done!

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ayes said:

Excellent work on this project Malena! Great to see that it is finally in game due to your creative efforts and persistence, as now we all benefit. Well done!

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Aw thank you Ayes, yes I'm thrilled! Rushed over to the stables to breed up all my mares last night, exciting to see the outcome! :)

• Like 1

Great job, Malena. You made Wurm history!

I wonder if they would consider adding ALL your horse models to the game. I can't be that hard, right? Perhaps a suggestion from you...? :)

• Like 2

So absolutely delightful, thank you so much :) *hugs*

f6f04d059d.jpg

• Like 11

On 2/6/2016 at 11:55 PM, Valdor said:

Great job, Malena. You made Wurm history!

I wonder if they would consider adding ALL your horse models to the game. I can't be that hard, right? Perhaps a suggestion from you...? :)

Aw thank you Valdor. :) 

As far as adding many horse skins, it's not a matter of wanting or of how hard it is to do. It's about optimization of the game and thinking carefully about how to spread out "spending" of textures. There is only a limited amount of textures we can have in the game I'm afraid. I'm even glad we got these three in :-). 

19 hours ago, Lisabet said:

So absolutely delightful, thank you so much :) *hugs*

f6f04d059d.jpg

Aw so cute, congratulations! :) Must have been a nice surprise to find him/her standing there. Still breeding like crazy myself and no luck yet! 

Me too.  Can't wait to get one of the new ones.  :)

Question for those who've gotten luck so far...  I've seen the pics of some babies and also some grown ones,  does anyone know if the chances are better from breeding or finding in the wild?  Also, has anyone figured out yet if the chance of a new color from breeding is like with the other colors, or if it's just a rare chance like with the black sheep?

I've been breeding across 5 servers.  60+ females. Just this week on Cel I got a Blood Bay and on pristine I got a Piebald Pinto. Very happy :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chikiza said:

i still want to see the other colors ingame too! :D

Yeah...I'm still disappointed with the choice of piebald and jet black.  Blood bay looks good, but the others are meh.  Some of the others were much better, imo. :)  Maybe someday we'll get some better ones!

I came up with a jet black foal on a WU server a few days ago and the pure black color is pretty distinctive. Will just have to wait a bit until it matures to get the full impression but it might look very nice.

=Ayes=

Up till now I have had literally a HORSE FACTORY going on at my island to get one of the rares and today it finally happened! My first rare! So for any of you still trying and losing your sanity, don't give up! :)

FirstRareHorsie.jpg

• Like 5

Not sure if what I hear is true, but was told you had a better or higher chance to get one of the rares by breeding only grays and blacks. Anybody else know if this can work?

AAAAARGGG ITS BEEN REBIRTHED!!!

Quick! Anyone with Genesis?!

I'd like to see a jet black horse, like he 'Black Beauty' colour..

7 hours ago, Malena said:

Up till now I have had literally a HORSE FACTORY going on at my island to get one of the rares and today it finally happened! My first rare! So for any of you still trying and losing your sanity, don't give up! :)

FirstRareHorsie.jpg

Grats!!

Questions... :)  Were the parents born after the change went in?  Did either of the parents have the "spark in the eyes" trait?  How many traits does it have?  How high is your AH? Looks like the white one is the mom, what color was the daddy?  Had you recently sacrificed to Fo or been struck by lightning?  lol.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Amadee said:

Grats!!

Questions... :)  Were the parents born after the change went in?  Did either of the parents have the "spark in the eyes" trait?  How many traits does it have?  How high is your AH? Looks like the white one is the mom, what color was the daddy?  Had you recently sacrificed to Fo or been struck by lightning?  lol.

Thank ya! To answer your questions:

• Both parents are at their "mature" stage right now, so hmmm how many weeks does that make exactly, not sure. But interesting point!!
  • Both parents are 5-speeds without any other traits. So for those who are new to the game and don't know what a 5-speed is, it is a horse with the following traits: "It has fleeter movement than normal", "It has a strong body", "It has lightning movement", "It can carry more than average", "It has very strong leg muscles". Oh and btw, the baby was also born a 5-speed thankfully! 
  • My Animal Husbandry is around 56 right now
  • Both parents are white. I think I'll set them aside as a couple and see what happens, although I am pretty sure that the baby was just the whole randomness factor.
  • No Fo sacrificing. And is struck by lightning a joke or can you actually get struck in the game haha?!

8 hours ago, Lancelot said:

I'd like to see a jet black horse, like he 'Black Beauty' colour..

Heya, if you check out the screenshots thread, some folks have posted the jet black / Ebony black foals there. And here are screenshots when I was prototyping the skins on Wurm Unlimited. 

EbonyBlack.jpg

GreyShades.jpg

• Like 2

I have 2 blood bays and 2 piebald Pintos. But I've been breeding over 60 females across 5 servers. I've filled up the ratio on 6 of my deeds. I've started dropping 5 speeds of at alliance mates deeds. I've also started just letting go any 4 speeds that are born in to the wild.  

Still in search of ebony black! 

By the way, I counted my entire stock of horses at the time of the update and I had a headcount of around 60. Now I counted around 290 horses give or take and during this time I've killed off tons and tons along the way. Those that had bad traits, were not full 5-speeds, or if I started to have way too many males of a certain color. What I find interesting is how hard it has been to get my first rare considering the fact that when I did spawning tests on Wurm Unlimited, I would get "around 5" rares per every 100 horses I spawned. But I guess the code works differently for "wild spawned horses" versus bred births.Well I guess it has to since the genealogy plays such a big part in the breeding result. I wonder what the percentage is for bred horses in regards to "random result".

Edited by Malena