Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Why I'm About To Quit Wurm.

I'm so pissed off at this game I'm ready to quit.  I can't see any situation ever in a game or in real life why you are given the ability to attack your horse/mount while riding it.

I finally breed me a 5 speed horse and I spend a few days getting/selling mats to get silver to buy some high QL shoes and saddle from vendor up the road.  I get those and I'm doing great and run very far away from my deed and start fighting mobs for a few hours and having a blast.

Then 6 hours later I'm starting to make my way home and there is a wolf in my way, so I decide lets kill him for maybe a pelt and then be on my way.  It seems I wasn't paying attention or didn't click on the wolf enough times to select him but I click the 2nd icon on the action bar which is attack and quickly figure out I'm attacking my horse with my large maul.

I quickly get off my horse, but my bags are too full to move away from him while getting hit by a wolf.  I drop everything, start running away from my horse, but then while it looks like I'm pretty far away I see a death blow from my maul hit my horse.  I'm like WTF.  This all happened in seconds and I didn't have enough time in a panic to figure out how to do this.  Then I just stare at the wolf like, wtf just happened.

So now my 5 speed horse that took a month to breed is dead.  I'm stuck out in the middle of "I have no clue where" (which isn't so bad with a 5 speed horse) and mobs every where that can kill me.

So now I feel like I'm in a Quit The Game mode, because now I have to empty my bags, figure out where I am (good luck with that) and try to make it home.  I shouldn't be in this situation.

Again....what sense does it make to have ability to start fighting the mount your riding on.  Why is that even an option?

I couldn't sleep at all last night because I've put so much time and it's kind of my when I get home routine my mind couldn't accept the fact I want to quit and lost somewhere in this virtual world, but feel psychologically connected.

I don't think I'll log in again, because I don't know how I'm going to get back to my deed and don't want to put hours into figuring this out when I feel this should have never ever happened.

I know people will say I should have paid attention and you should have done this or that, but if you're cool with that game mechanic then good for you.

I don't want to suicide because I have some rare silver I got from fighting and a bunch of high end tools on me I'm not wanting to loose.  I'm at a loss and probably the end of the road for me with Wurm.

EDIT: This was also posted in Suggestions hoping they fix this issue for other players.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 3

Tip, you can double click on aggressive mobs to target them, this only works on aggressive mobs (Does not work on neutral). I killed a fair amount of my own mounts with a target bind, immediately switched over to double clicking mobs and haven't had an incident since.

• Like 1

Dr Phil would say, pick yourself up by the boot straps and work through the feelings of hopelessness..

• Like 2

Where are you located?  Someone nearby might be willing to help you replace.  I think pretty much all of us have done this at least once.

• Like 1

You would've still had to figure out how to get back to your deed, unfortunately just at a slower speed now.  You could suicide and summon corpse with karma if all fails.

I've done this 3 times.

I also made a bitchy forum post about it under Suggestions.

I think accidentally double-clicking on the stupidly-delayed-turning horse shouldn't result in attacking it without a confirmation of sorts.. I certainly didn't quit Wurm over it though.

we've all done it.

it's worse when you do it in pvp in a hostile area, with a borrowed horse from your mate.

and you could have just unequipped your maul.

Quitting because youre bad at a game is ok, but no need to blame the game.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 4

Or let the aggro attack you, then the fight is on. After killing 2-3 horses most folks stop attacking their own and figure it out :wacko:

Edited by Chiqa

Thanks for the quick replies as it does help me feel more at ease that I'm not the only one.

Calming down and I might try to make it back home.  Like I said I don't really know where I'm at which is usually fine when you have a horse.  I think I'm south of VRock and trying to get to J11.  Not enough karma to port and not going to suicide to lose my gear and tools I have on me.

Only thing I'm affraid of is getting killed multiple times trying to get back home.  Looked like I was in a Troll friendly area when I logged off in the middle of the woods after horse died.  I only have 41-FS which is like 51-FS with a horse.

Can't get this out of my head and bugging me so I'll at least try to figure out where I am and walk home, but if I keep getting chased by trolls and keep dying then I'm really going to have to quit.  Took me 2 hours on horse to get to where I was and I think I was half way back to deed when horse died.  So another few hours of trying to get home or maybe I'll get lucky and find a regular horse.  Anything that helps me out run mobs I can't kill.

Maybe I'll run into Edge since he's a troll.

• Like 1

I did the same thing with my first horse, it was a real bummer, but I got over it.

Hell I have done this a few times..it does tend to piss you off but not enough to rage quit.

• Like 1

I've never done it, but I take extreme caution on my horse because of what he's got on. If for any reason I lost him if be down more then what most people have in there wurm bank.

Still, it wouldn't be doable. While I do partially like Permos point in how it seperatws being able to stay calm vs freaking out, I don't agree with it in this case.

It shouldn't be do able, even if it's not something I see as a issue in normal / calm situations.

• Like 1

Did you use your /vteleport command yet.  It is only available once per toon. got me home when I got terrible lost.

Did you use your /vteleport command yet.  It is only available once per toon. got me home when I got terrible lost.

Ya I can't do that.  First week I was playing Wurm I joined someone's deed and they told me to vteleport to the deed later on in the day which I didn't at the time understand I could only do it once.  :(

Ya I can't do that.  First week I was playing Wurm I joined someone's deed and they told me to vteleport to the deed later on in the day which I didn't at the time understand I could only do it once.  :(

you totally got pranked bro.

What about Karma?

E: Here, I'll even go out of my way here. Find a deed token, I'm not sure what's currently in your bank, but appraise what you would like to keep, and what you don't mind losing, and anyways camp at the token for 24 hours to set your bank there, deposit the silver ( which you can withdraw anywhere ) and then if I were you, I would look for someone who's willing to sell you a horse and go from there. Safest bet, no reason to quit.

Edited by Stik

Depending on when you're online I can go south of vrock with my cart and see if I can find you. I'm at G12 so not too far. As long as you're not super weighed down you can usually outrun trolls and the like, especially on a downhill.

Sorry for your lost - many of us have done this and learnt the hard way - don't give up - looks like Moxie will rescue you :)

If you've got a spare belt slot, put your maul on it.

The fastest way to stop attacking an animal is to unequip your weapon - your fists will have a hard time finishing the job. Only ever done severe wounds, not killed, that way.

• Like 1

I've done this 3 times.

I also made a bitchy forum post about it under Suggestions.

I think accidentally double-clicking on the stupidly-delayed-turning horse shouldn't result in attacking it without a confirmation of sorts.. I certainly didn't quit Wurm over it though.

pst you can't target neutral mobs by double-clicking, it only works on aggressive mobs

Totally done this as well. Repeatedly. I also beached my brand new boat and got killed by trolls trying to push it off the land, leaving all my newly bought goods in that boat. There's definitely some frustrating things to Wurm, but you can do it! You have over 40fs which is way more than me. Run from those trolls! Good luck!

I can get you a horse near Vrock, send me a tell if you're around

If you have karma you can karma teleport home. Sounds like a good a time for using it.