Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Please remove ability to kill mount while riding it. - Rage Quit

Omg so stupid fuckin hell. I love Wurm for total user control. Now you just stripped one part cause some cant learn to be carefull? In life mistakes have consequences - and so should it be in Wurm. You learn from mistakes and become a better, more aware, player. Devs shouldnt restrict actions of the players.

+ What Sme/Gary says, killing your mount can be really usefull

Become a Dev + Dont know nothing in official stream + Make changes you like = Profit?

Edited by permo
  • Like 2

Maybe he chose to not ignore the people with a legit reason FOR the idea. =)

isnt that covered by the point of saying "without adding a toggle?"  since yakno toggle covers both crowds ;)

I just hate "invicible boarders" or "handholding" in games Like, in some sportsgames they make it impossible to do a own goal. Gosh darnit, if I want to score on myself, no "helpfull" mechanic should hinder me.

• Like 1

Fixed, change will appear in next server update. Possibility to attack your own mount is removed. :)

Because screw the PVP players, right?

This game needs devs who work on both sides of the game without bias for one.

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 1

+1 to making it a toggle, just add it to the body>manage>profile settings, set the default mode to not being able to attack your mount, and everyone will be happy.

the freedomers wont accidentaly kill their poor little horsies and pvpers wont loose this ability if they wish to.

whats better than a win-win situation?

edit: oh yeah, but please place it on top of the patch notes, and preferably in fat, so that it wont get lost.

like this

Added option to dis-/enable attacking the mount. Changeable under Body > Manage > Profile.

Edited by Arium
  • Like 1

+1 for the toggle but... 

Because screw the PVP players, right?

D'aaaaw... Pwayer Vuhsus Pwayer is suddenwy mad because they couldn't dewail a thwead and the evil Fweedomers got one suwestion in?

Welcome to this side of the fence ^_^

• Like 1

What about if you need to run fast and get the gear off your untame horse because people are chasing and will just shoot your horse and you lose the gear?  Hopping on the boat it's faster to kill it and grab the corpse for the gear, rather than have 4 people tame, click all the gear to drag it, then die because they waited so long to leave, or enemy came and killed it and you can't loot the gear because you waited so long and they came too close and blocked looting

the option to kill it is necessary sometimes.  an option to allow it is a necessity if it is ever disabled

+1 Gary's idea. I totally 100% agree with an option to allow you to attack your own horse if it's ever disabled. Gary has a very good point. If you're running from something and have to grab your gear off an untamed backup horse killing the horse is faster. Also it keeps your enemy from using said horse if they don't have one (or methods to procure one).  

This option is disabled for PvP servers, don't worry - it will block you from attacking your own mount only on PvE servers.

• Like 8

So why did you scare us like that? Seems like you wanted the epic players to go bananas.. ;)

• Like 1

It is now completely impossible to attack a horse/foal on Freedom. This essentially makes horse breeding impossible.

I assume this is a bug, but is there seriously a need for anything besides making it impossible to attack a horse you are riding on? It was already impossible to attack a horse you were leading.

This option is disabled for PvP servers, don't worry - it will block you from attacking your own mount only on PvE servers.

Thanks for listening!

My hero.

So why did you scare us like that? Seems like you wanted the epic players to go bananas.. ;)

Seems to me more like you PVPers went ballistic before you ever got to see exactly what fix was done.  Patience is a virtue.

• Like 3

I really do not care so much if this is changed or not. I have never killed my own horse while i was riding it and that is probably because i double click. I do have concerns about this change in the form of what is next.  All this took was 1 post this time and bam its gonna get changed. What about the next person complaining about a mob killing their horse? Skill gain sucks i am quitting, timers are awful i am quitting, Make Wurm easier or I am quitting. I am hoping Wurm will not start taking the easy path because of WU.

I understand people all want different things but frankly we have epic with its skill curve and now WU that is pretty much going to let you do what ever you want. There is now options for people who want their easy mode. I just do not want it changing WO.

I really do not care so much if this is changed or not. I have never killed my own horse while i was riding it and that is probably because i double click. I do have concerns about this change in the form of what is next. All this took was 1 post this time and bam its gonna get changed. What about the next person complaining about a mob killing their horse? Skill gain sucks i am quitting, timers are awful i am quitting, Make Wurm easier or I am quitting. I am hoping Wurm will not start taking the easy path because of WU.

I understand people all want different things but frankly we have epic with its skill curve and now WU that is pretty much going to let you do what ever you want. There is now options for people who want their easy mode. I just do not want it changing WO.

This has been asked for many, many times. At least for three years and likely more.

This has been asked for many, many times. At least for three years and likely more.

I guess that is my point. Its been asked for so many times and now they have chosen to change it at this precise moment. If its as simple and quick of a fix to be changed so fast then that means all those other times they did not want to change it.

I guess that is my point. Its been asked for so many times and now they have chosen to change it at this precise moment. If its as simple and quick of a fix to be changed so fast then that means all those other times they did not want to change it.

What is so special about this precise moment? Warlander, wasn't here 3 years ago..but seriously, nothing personal but a lot of people thinks this precise moment is something special, and I'd really like to know, specially if there is some kind of Illuminati conspiracy theory about it

What is so special about this precise moment? Warlander, wasn't here 3 years ago..but seriously, nothing personal but a lot of people thinks this precise moment is something special, and I'd really like to know, specially if there is some kind of Illuminati conspiracy theory about it

I see this change based upon the release of WU this week. Sure it may be some conspiracy theory but I feel we will start seeing more changes like this that gradually change the game from what it is. Yes this is a small and fairly insignificant change but that seems to be the way these things start.