Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Please remove ability to kill mount while riding it. - Rage Quit

I'm so pissed off at this game I'm ready to quit.  I can't see any situation ever in a game or in real life why you are given the ability to attack your horse/mount while riding it.

I finally breed me a 5 speed horse and I spend a few days getting/selling mats to get silver to buy some high QL shoes and saddle from vendor up the road.  I get those and I'm doing great and run very far away from my deed and start fighting mobs for a few hours and having a blast.

Then 6 hours later I'm starting to make my way home and there is a wolf in my way, so I decide lets kill him for maybe a pelt and then be on my way.  It seems I wasn't paying attention or didn't click on the wolf enough times to select him but I click the 2nd icon on the action bar which is attack and quickly figure out I'm attacking my horse with my large maul.

I quickly get off my horse, but my bags are too full to move away from him while getting hit by a wolf.  I drop everything, start running away from my horse, but then while it looks like I'm pretty far away I see a death blow from my maul hit my horse.  I'm like WTF.  This all happened in seconds and I didn't have enough time in a panic to figure out how to do this.  Then I just stare at the wolf like, wtf just happened.

So now my 5 speed horse that took a month to breed is dead.  I'm stuck out in the middle of "I have no clue where" (which isn't so bad with a 5 speed horse) and mobs every where that can kill me.

So now I feel like I'm in a Quit The Game mode, because now I have to empty my bags, figure out where I am (good luck with that) and try to make it home.  I shouldn't be in this situation.

Again....what sense does it make to have ability to start fighting the mount your riding on.  Why is that even an option?

I couldn't sleep at all last night because I've put so much time and it's kind of my when I get home routine my mind couldn't accept the fact I want to quit and lost somewhere in this virtual world, but feel psychologically connected.

I don't think I'll log in again, because I don't know how I'm going to get back to my deed and don't want to put hours into figuring this out when I feel this should have never ever happened.

I know people will say I should have paid attention and you should have done this or that, but if you're cool with that game mechanic then good for you.

I don't want to suicide because I have some rare silver I got from fighting and a bunch of high end tools on me I'm not wanting to loose.  I'm at a loss and probably the end of the road for me with Wurm.

Edited by nicedreams

You are right. Its just plain stupid that we are able to kill our own mount. It is nothing less that a bug , and because of this you better be ready to wait for a period measured in years for it to be fixed. Welcome to wurm

+1, i wrote about this in a similar suggestion thread

nope -1 the game should let you up and not hold your hand. ive killed my horse in pvp by mistake and still i think its more then fine. its stuff like this that seperates people who can keep themself calm and collected and those who cant.

• Like 4

Makes no sense Permo.  It's like playing a First Person Shooter, but you have the ability to accidently shoot yourself in the head if you were not careful when trying to shoot someone else.  It's a game and killing your mount while on it is a terrible mechanic.

• Like 5

I'm curious, why do you want it enabled? (Like, what trick or wtv is there too it?)

too lazy to unmount from a bad horse, hit it twice with an axe and you are done.
  • Like 1

If you do this keep this change freedom, cause they obviously dont want there to be any importance in what you actually do or challanges, heck make freedom full automatic when youre at it

If you do this keep this change freedom, cause they obviously dont want there to be any importance in what you actually do or challanges, heck make freedom full automatic when youre at it

What exactly is the challenge in killing the horse you are riding? Have horses become uber powerful since the last patch? Lag misclicks are not a challenge. Selecting the right thing from a menu is now a challenge? It could be I suppose, depending on how it gets shuffled. How about letting you click yourself and hack yourself to death too. Is it so hard for you over on your PvP there to right-click and dismount? Surely that is a challenge!!

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 4

Geesh and pvpers cant figure out why most pvers think there doochbags.

• Like 1

Geesh and pvpers cant figure out why most pvers think there doochbags.

Generalizing entire groups of people into one category simply because you met a few who were similar - isn't a healthy perspective.

Not all PvPers are dutchbboogs. Not all PvEers are carebears.

• Like 3

+1 from me, ability to attack your own mount is very illogical and should be removed. If you really need to kill it fast, disembarking is just one additional action. (I will take a look at that soon)

• Like 5

-1 if its red double click it, if not be more careful. Its a sandbox game and you should be able able kill your own mount weather your riding it or not.

• Like 2

I agree with Sme - would be nothing wrong with a setting. They have that for spiders.

What exactly is the challenge in killing the horse you are riding? Have horses become uber powerful since the last patch? Lag misclicks are not a challenge. Selecting the right thing from a menu is now a challenge? It could be I suppose, depending on how it gets shuffled. How about letting you click yourself and hack yourself to death too. Is it so hard for you over on your PvP there to right-click and dismount? Surely that is a challenge!!

not a challange no, but in pvp people tend to get the shakes and might misclick. if you make it impossible to make mistakes... no fun

+1 from me, ability to attack your own mount is very illogical and should be removed. If you really need to kill it fast, disembarking is just one additional action. (I will take a look at that soon)

What about if you need to run fast and get the gear off your untame horse because people are chasing and will just shoot your horse and you lose the gear?  Hopping on the boat it's faster to kill it and grab the corpse for the gear, rather than have 4 people tame, click all the gear to drag it, then die because they waited so long to leave, or enemy came and killed it and you can't loot the gear because you waited so long and they came too close and blocked looting

the option to kill it is necessary sometimes.  an option to allow it is a necessity if it is ever disabled

• Like 7

not a challange no, but in pvp people tend to get the shakes and might misclick. if you make it impossible to make mistakes... no fun

Just another example of PvE being different from PvP. Just like many people on PvE use autocombat. Mistakes in combat vs mobs is negligible on PvE, if autocombat can even make a mistake. That makes killing your horse a hassle, not a challenge. Your mount can be killed by the mob. That is a challenge at times. Taunting is probably often overlooked so it's pretty much a dead horse.

• Like 1

What about if you need to run fast and get the gear off your untame horse because people are chasing and will just shoot your horse and you lose the gear?  Hopping on the boat it's faster to kill it and grab the corpse for the gear, rather than have 4 people tame, click all the gear to drag it, then die because they waited so long to leave, or enemy came and killed it and you can't loot the gear because you waited so long and they came too close and blocked looting

the option to kill it is necessary sometimes.  an option to allow it is a necessity if it is ever disabled

Wouldn't it be much faster to just use branded horses now?

Fixed, change will appear in next server update. Possibility to attack your own mount is removed. :)

• Like 9

Did you just ignore all the people with legit reasons against the idea because you like it without adding a toggle? ...

Also branding isn't exactly an option on an enemy server it's also not and option when swapping from boat to land after crossing servers chasing enemy

• Like 2

Did you just ignore all the people with legit reasons against the idea because you like it without adding a toggle? ...

Also branding isn't exactly an option on an enemy server it's also not and option when swapping from boat to land after crossing servers chasing enemy

Maybe he did make it a toggle?... Though doesn't sound like it. Would be nice for the pvpers however. Thanks for the fix on freedom side though.

Edited by Druidnature

Fixed, change will appear in next server update. Possibility to attack your own mount is removed. :)

Ha, ha! Excellent! A very helpful change to prevent this mistake from happening and long overdue. For those who *desire* to kill their own horses the now very complicated process of being un-mounted will be required. Ahhh, the things we all must endure to play this game, who could imagine...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Am I reading this correctly and from a developer?  OMG that would be awesome in next update.  Thanks if this is legit.

Maybe he chose to not ignore the people with a legit reason FOR the idea. =)