Sign in to follow this  
Elktazahjr

WU in ubuntu?

Did I read through the lines that the linux port needs some emulator for windows binaries in order to run?

Edited by www

Did I read through the lines that the linux port needs some emulator for windows binaries in order to run?

Not for me, I just used the Linux Steam client to download and run the Beta_branch files and it ran fine like that.

I think that was from when people were trying to use Wine to run the Windows client under Linux before the native Linux beta was available.

@www

No wine needed.  Wurm Unlimited appeared under SteamOS+Linux.  I selected install which downloaded ~2GB.  Chose (Wurm Unlimited) properties selected beta opt in, downloaded another ~100MB and clicked play.

~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Wurm Unlimited$ du -h

2.6G    .

Edited by T3465
  • Like 1

just started selecting the beta branch from options, downloaded and started flawlessly. Just dropped in for a few minutes but works like a charm, no hassle, no wine, nothing needed.

THANKS!!!!! Now I only need to buy another copy for myself, this was my wife's account :)

phreekbird:

Yep, I was hoping they'd toss a 4 pack or something up soon ;)

ehh I could not sit out a discount so already 16 hours consumed there - another client to watch parallel next to the WO ones running :P

Flawless so far on my Ubuntu installations, tried on a low-end graphs business laptop as well.

No emulator also - that is good.

In time will happen that both the CC client and CC server will be replaced by hobbyist_modified client and server programs that are better suited to cope with all the myriads of modifications, addons, etc, in fact actually equipped with interfaces for mods. Probably they will become available for windows only I assume.

Well, I test Linux beta version natively with Steam Linux on Ubuntu 14.04.

It works perfectly.

Thank you guys :)

Well the WU linux version is now official and can be bought from steam store. We can expect that it will be kept on a par lever with the windows version (bug repairs, new features, etc). I'm pleased!

Hi,

Only every 4 launch finishes without an instant crash for me.

Additionally, fullscreen is offset so the whole window begins at like pixel 200x200 instead of at 0x0

Also, I cannot choose any other resolution except for 3840x2160 which makes the game quite hard to play since icons and other images don't scale.

Want me to post some logs? Where in that case?

EDIT: I am using beta branch

Edited by Luceat

1 hour ago, Luceat said:

Hi,

Only every 4 launch finishes without an instant crash for me.

Similar happens with WO too, linux client