Sign in to follow this  
Simju

Server Hosting Companies

Hello Wurmians and future Wurmians (xD),

does anyone know a hosting company which will defenitly host WU servers and where everyone can rent one?

Because of my location i 'd prefer Central European ones, or even better german ones, but ofc i ll check every company you can name.

Thanks and save travels,

Simju

I think there will be a lot of people wanting the same answer. I believe that a few company's will provide servers but you will have to wait until after release.

The reason for this would be they have no idea what the cpu, bandwidth usage, ram usage, hdd usage and what the server settings affecting these options would be.

would be suicide for any legitimate company to provide a price for such a server without knowing for certain these specs. 

Hey guys,

We are officially supporting Wurm Unlimited game server hosting. Check us out https://www.bluefangsolutions.com/shop/wurm-unlimited

If you have any questions or concerns you would like addressed before ordering please send us a contact form.

We used to use these guys for our minecraft and 7 days to die servers, they were great.

However, we have rented a server off them for Wurm Unlimited, and they seem to be terrible now, 4 hours to answer each support ticket, they

do not give the correct response to the question asked in the support ticket. We feel very let down by them. We are looking elsewhere for a new

server to rent. They got the server up and running fast by the way, however they do not seem to know how to change it from Adventure mode to

Creative mode, which can only be achieved at their end.

Just get a VPS. $20 is way overpriced for this game.

Edited by Turbine

We used to use these guys for our minecraft and 7 days to die servers, they were great.

However, we have rented a server off them for Wurm Unlimited, and they seem to be terrible now, 4 hours to answer each support ticket, they do not give the correct response to the question asked in the support ticket. We feel very let down by them. We are looking elsewhere for a new server to rent. They got the server up and running fast by the way, however they do not seem to know how to change it from Adventure mode to Creative mode, which can only be achieved at their end.

Probably because WU is not at all designed with scalable server hosting in mind. I wouldn't blame BlueFang, particularly as you've said they run excellent Minecraft servers (of which are much more manageable in server farms). The server application lacks some fundamental features typically required for effective server management and deployment making it only suitable on a small scale (personal hosting).

I would agree with Turbine that renting a virtual private server would be a better option, as you could install and maintain the server application yourself. If then you're finding the VPS is reaching capacity move over to a dedicated server.

Edited by Adambean

Signed up with GTXGaming yesterday and after a rocky start, and lots of help from the gtx guys, I'm running a stable server for only £6 a month. Tip...use Filezilla and avoid Cyberduck for FTP. The GTX guys and I spent hours trying to track down why my server wouldn't save a password only to find the problem was with cyberduck.

• Like 1

Thanks Villager for the plug

We at GTXGaming are supporting this game in lots of locations and our support is fast and responsive. Please support us by ordering a server. We are 100% behind Wurm Unlimited and its success. We will make it very simple to host and admin your own server. 

24/7 online server. Hosted on 10gb ports. DDOS protected network. Fast response support. 

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. 

Locations:

Dallas

Paris

London

Stockholm

New York

Los angeles

Dallas

Sydney

Frankfurt

Moscow

www.gtxgaming.co.uk

logo.png

How hard is it to change your server settings with GTXgaming? Rented a server from Bluefang, followed instructions to change server setting to set up gm's and now the server won't stay running. 

How hard is it to change your server settings with GTXgaming? Rented a server from Bluefang, followed instructions to change server setting to set up gm's and now the server won't stay running. 

I also am trying BlueFangSolutions.com as well as CitadelServers.com.  So far they both seem to run about equal once setup.  However CitadelServers.com has about 20+ settings available to change from your control panel.  Not the easiest to find, but sure beats transferring DB files back and forth.  They don't have a way to  to do GM yet, but are working on it.

With BlueFangServers.com you need to use an external program such as FileZilla to transfer your files.  Using the FileManger in Overseer does not work correctly.

I like BlueFangServers.com mostly because it is US and I'm not having to pay for a non-us cc use.  CitadelServers.com came up in Webroot as blocked and I read somewhere from another user that it came up blocked in their virus protection to.  I have unblocked it and so far have seen no issues.

Terry Stewart

My problem with BlueFangSolutions is that I can't find clear documentation on how to change the server settings. I tried the one I found here http://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/483368433107332864/ but when it was completed the server was unplayable because it kept restarting. When I contacted support they reset the server back to the beginning again without really clarifying what the issue was.

My problem with BlueFangSolutions is that I can't find clear documentation on how to change the server settings. I tried the one I found here http://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/483368433107332864/ but when it was completed the server was unplayable because it kept restarting. When I contacted support they reset the server back to the beginning again without really clarifying what the issue was.

You are right, they have no documentation and at least some of what the posted in the linked forum does not work.  For instance you can not use FileManager on the Overseer Control Panel, you must use an external program such as FileZilla.  FileManger was not downloading the correct files and Customer Support told me about having to use the external program.  What exactly are you trying to change?  If it is not a custom map, I might be able to help you.

Terry

I have my WU server up and running with Citadel Servers.

They have a lot of controls built into there server control panel for changing game settings and setting players with gm powers. And there adding more features soon. They have great customer service and pricing. 

http://www.citadelservers.com/en-us

You are right, they have no documentation and at least some of what the posted in the linked forum does not work.  For instance you can not use FileManager on the Overseer Control Panel, you must use an external program such as FileZilla.  FileManger was not downloading the correct files and Customer Support told me about having to use the external program.  What exactly are you trying to change?  If it is not a custom map, I might be able to help you.

Terry

That's hardly a fair thing to say, given the Wurm Unlimited server comes with little to no documentation for a game hosting provider to work from.

That's hardly a fair thing to say, given the Wurm Unlimited server comes with little to no documentation for a game hosting provider to work from.

The fact that they have NO documentation wasn't meant as a knock, but thy are giving wrong answers and there control panels FileManager doesn't work properly for this server.  I'm sure in time they will get it working correctly, but it is still a problem now.  However http://CitadelServers.com already has there control panel working for much of the configuration to include character GM status changes.  I'm currently trying both out.  Hoping to be able to stay with BlueFangSolutions since it is based in the US, but they are not in the lead.  Again it is not a knock.  They have been helpful even if slow with Customer Support due to the large increase in customers from this game.

Terry

Wurm Unlimited is still a very new game, and the server providers are certainly still on the early learning path as to handle this game best. (sure some will work it out faster than others). The hurdles are certainly high for reasons mentioned, and some other hurdles I talked about here. SQLite is a very rare thing in the publicly hosted game world, and certainly not safe to modify whilst a game server is running.

Still, good to see that one game host provider has got things working as well as you've said. The downside mind is that they are commercial and obviously will want to keep their findings more secretive to maintain a competitive edge, so I'd hope that a community approach aided with information and updates from developers will be on the agenda. Things sure are a mess right now :P

As @Daydreamer kindly said, we at Citadel Servers have intergrated Wurms entire core configuration into our control panel, no mysqlite editing is required, you can edit all the variables from the web, we also have a basic player editor where you currently make any player a GM and have the approprate wand granted to them all from the control panel with one click. It also outputs all current GM's so you know what players have power on your server.

We are working on other intergrated solutions for Wurm too to make players completely independent of the nightmare of sqlite configuration themselves, and making our service as powerful and easy to use as possible. We provide many locations in the US and in Canada, UK, France, Italy and Germany. We have 1st line support and sales via live chat 16 hours a day direct on our website.

Edited by CitadelServers

Pingperfect are now offering Wurm Unlimited servers, starting at just £4 per month

Servers supported 24/7, Excellent customer support team

Unlimited slots, just choose the amount of ram you want your server to have (which can be upgraded/downgraded at anytime pro-rata)
24 hour trial for free to see if you like the server (just submit a sales ticket)
No sqlite experience needed, all settings are available to edit within the game panel
Instant Setup
Update server at the click of a button
one click controls (start/stop/restart)
Daily backups of your files

Locations:
US:

New York
Atlanta
St Louis
Texas
Seattle
Los Angeles

Canada:
Montreal

Europe
UK
France
Germany
Netherlands
Dallas

Citadel Servers does not issue refunds. They have laggy servers. Frustratingly poor game server interfaces and sub par customer service. I would stay well away from this company.

I use PingPerfect  myself and have a us Atlanta server and have had no issues and the one time I needed a rep they answered me withen 2mins So I have been a very satisfied customer with them. There back up acts like WO when it backs up so It is like playing on a WO server to me. There great server provider IMO and a real cheap price. 

I pay £12.50GBP which = 19.52 a month for my 3GB ram which has been way cheaper than other providers I've looked at before making my decision to go with them and So far 3 months of service with no issues.

Just want to thank PingPerfect for the great service so far and to let other players know. On a isde note if you ever have lag issues  you might want a new net provider cause a host is never responsible for the service you get from your provider.

Some net providers bottle neck your connection which will slow down any net you have so don't blame the server providers for lag.

6 hours ago, Burleaf said:

Citadel Servers does not issue refunds. They have laggy servers. Frustratingly poor game server interfaces and sub par customer service. I would stay well away from this company.

We use them, and everything you told is the exact opposite.

No Lag, fast service.

On 03/02/2016 at 11:55 AM, Caduryn said:

We use them, and everything you told is the exact opposite.

No Lag, fast service.

We appreciate the feedback, This poster is intent on maliciously defaming us and has posted this across several forums with the same comment under the same alias "Burleaf" with the same message despite renting a 7 days to die server from us and cancelling it favourably with the message "Do not need at the moment. It has been a great service. Thank you." Tim\Burleaf is posting this over trivial billing dispute with us

Edited by CitadelServers
  • Like 4

@CitadelServersIf you check his profile, he has also joined  Joined3 February

So there is something wrong with this guy?

Maybe take this to a Lead Board Moderator and see if this guy IP can be banned from the forums/game. And his account getting disabled.

Edited by stonecutter1995
  • Like 1