Sign in to follow this  
Jerico

Dark Island (map 4096x4096)

You still have something like "0400 FE0C 0400 FE0C ..." in the rock_layer.map file instead of "0000 FE0C 0000 FE0C ...." as in Creative or Adventure standard maps. I think 0400 doesn't mean "Rock" id in the context.

Your previous map can kill avatars because mine entrance opens at water level :P - there was "CA00 0000 ..." as a rock tile etc. instead of "CA00 FF9C ...". Also content of the file resouces.map is different than standard: FFFF FFFF and somewhere FFFF 0000. But keep going, I like your job :)

You still have something like "0400 FE0C 0400 FE0C ..." in the rock_layer.map file instead of "0000 FE0C 0000 FE0C ...." as in Creative or Adventure standard maps. I think 0400 doesn't mean "Rock" id in the context.

Your previous map can kill avatars because mine entrance opens at water level :P - there was "CA00 0000 ..." as a rock tile etc. instead of "CA00 FF9C ...". Also content of the file resouces.map is different than standard: FFFF FFFF and somewhere FFFF 0000. But keep going, I like your job :)

This explains the odd thing I was experiencing tonight, mine entrances would drop to water level no matter what height they appeared to be at, see if you can fix this as well please.

This explains the odd thing I was experiencing tonight, mine entrances would drop to water level no matter what height they appeared to be at, see if you can fix this as well please.

That was the exact issue I had experienced.  After I recreated the map in WGenerator, and replaced the said files, I haven't had these problems.

Don't really know what Darkregis is going on about.

That was the exact issue I had experienced.  After I recreated the map in WGenerator, and replaced the said files, I haven't had these problems.

Don't really know what Darkregis is going on about.

Alright then, I'll try the new version I thought Darkregis was going on about a new bug and wanted to wait till both issues were fix, will let you know if I have problems

Yes, you are right Jerico. I said "previous version" of the file map_cave.map, that is v.1.0, where is "CA00 0000". In version 1.1 of the file map_cave.map is "CA00 FF9C". I don't know what the SMALL difference means, but without doubt it must be very funny fragment in Wurm source code. ;)

BTW you don't need any generator to create or edit such map file. Just simple application in style "open input and create output files, read N bytes to a buffer from input file, read (d)word from buffer, edit it, write (d)word to output file, close files". The same is with rock_layer.map and top_layer.map. Having any bitmap in grey scale, black around near borders, you can in one stream generate these both files even for 32kx32k maps. In the method there is no "lack of memory" problems. Dropping down dirt on slopes bigger than 40/56 is also very easy, but you need buffer for 10..20 entire map lines (dwords) what depends on how big mountains you want to create.

So.... generating WU maps is not a real problem. The problem is in generator structure and constants like "iron vein" or "olive tree, overaged" etc. But the second problem is still SMALL. Generate map with 255x255 flat isle in the middle and make top layer (just add 1 to rock layer value) in a loop for index from 0100 to FF00, and you have all. Simple.

Thanks guys, so far the new upload (v1.1) seems to fix all the issues.  Let me know if any other issues are found with the map.

I cannot forage or botanize on ANY tile. It says its picked clean on EVERY one.

Anyone know how to set servers to have the tiles reset on startup?

I do not want to have to wait 24 hours before I can forage and botanize :P

Edited by nvrsbr

I cannot forage or botanize on ANY tile. It says its picked clean on EVERY one.

Anyone know how to set servers to have the tiles reset on startup?

I do not want to have to wait 24 hours before I can forage and botanize :P

Wurm.ini in your server folder.

CREATESEEDS=false

change to:

CREATESEEDS=true

Wurm.ini in your server folder.

CREATESEEDS=false

change to:

CREATESEEDS=true

Thanks...

Do I need to set it back to false after a retsrat or just leave it on true?

I believe so, if you want the regular respawn time.  Otherwise it will remain so any server restart will randomly regen the tiles.

Unlike Prospect which will set itself to false after it runs during server startup.

Edited by Jerico

Love this map and playing it.  Any chance of the in game map being replace with actual map instead of the stock one?  Or is there something I missed?

Love this map and playing it.  Any chance of the in game map being replace with actual map instead of the stock one?  Or is there something I missed?
Thanks!

Unless there is a current mod to do this, you actually have to edit the .jar for your client. (copy the map.png into the client .jar)

There is a post about it somewhere on the WU forums here, don't remember the post name however.

Edited by Jerico

It looks great, but is there exposed rock surfaces is only the center of the map?

Can't seem to locate tar on map

It's the 'black' areas on the map... There's actually quite a bit, once you know what to look for.

Maybe I can't zoom in enough, or am simply blind. 

I wonder also, if the in game map can be changed to reflect your map.

I think I located some on map. Holy cow, some tar areas are gigantic.

It looks great, but is there exposed rock surfaces is only the center of the map?

I believe so, I started the map and ended up digging down to rock... Not hard if you know how.  With the starting tools, it's easily possible, and you need digging skill anyway :P

I think I located some on map. Holy cow, some tar areas are gigantic.

Ya, one thing I regret is making some of the biomes as big as they are.  It looks good on the map.png, but when in game, they are to big IMO.

I think tar is probably the only biome that suffers from this however.
Edited by Jerico

I am still curious if the in-game map can be replaced somehow with yours.

I am still curious if the in-game map can be replaced somehow with yours.

It can I've actually done it in my game.  You have to ad the map.png to the client .jar file and change the name to which ever map is being used.

There is a post here on the forms that explains how to do it.  It's probably buried, but if I can find it, I'll post it.

How to locate tar or clay spot on the map: Log on as GM and use Ebony Wand to change some tiles into tar or clay. Don't cast GM bless on a person who doesn't finished ingame "tutorial". Such "GMs" are kicked out after server shoot down.