Sign in to follow this  
Josh

Do you want WU to kill WO?

Do you want WU to kill off WO  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want WU to kill off WO?

• Yes
    • No

Read something a few days ago that made me think about this. Now that WU is coming, do you want it to get rid of WO? Or do you want WO to stay and strive. 

If you compare WO to WU then there are some pros and cons for both. Neither one of them is clearly superior to the other (if we believe the released info on WU and if it meets our expectations).

What happens to WO will more likely be controlled by at least the following things:

- Does WU support the level of creatively, modding and independent play that people are hoping it does?

- Does WO take advantage of the advent of WU to have a new strategy towards the WO servers that leads to an increased sense of community including improved trade, less isolation (since WU provides complete solitude if desired) and enhanced moderation with emphasis on fairness?

- Does WO leverage WU mods as quickly as possible so that the WO game gets better at a much faster rate then previously?

- Does the WO development gain a stronger focus on core concepts (Old examples would be Permissions system, Bridges and Multi-story housing) while reducing time spent on adding content since hopefully the mods will provide that both faster and less expensively

- Does WU server moderation for group play at least meet the standards of the current WO moderation team? If not then WO will seem the best place to play the game fairly with others.

The most exciting thing for me about WU is the potential for a lot more creativity. Adding/creating mods, changing the grind rate, having more control over my servers etc, all very exciting things.

WO is currently where my WURM friends live. The success of WU and the strategic/tactical changes made in WO at this critical time will ultimately decide the mix of both for me.

~Nappy

Edited by Nappy

Do we really need threads like this? In short, you can choose to ignore me if you wish but I do know that, releasing on steam will only help WO overall.

• Like 3

Those are completely different. My thread is asking if you WANT it to kill wo. Not asking if you think it will

Do we really need threads like this? In short, you can choose to ignore me if you wish but I do know that, releasing on steam will only help WO overall.

An opinion is an opinion. Maybe some dont want it to help WO. That's why this thread asks if you want WO to die off

Well the answer is no i do not plan on going anywhere or wish that WO dies off but i do plan on playing WU for fun and to get away from the online version when i need a break. 

I play WO for the economy and i like building deeds so i will build up my new small deed on WO then start building on my WU server after that when i am not busy with WO economy stuff..etc

I don't want WO to die because my job is to overcharge noobs for tools and selling the silver for dollars.

Edited by Edge

Useless tread that does not provide any usefull to this community.

• Like 1

Does anyone really know what they are talking about?

Yet another thread without the obligatory, "I Don't Care". < My Choice.

Useless tread that does not provide any usefull to this community.

No rules saying it has to :)

WU will be very successful in the beginning just like a server release here is. It's going to draw a crowd from Reign of Kings and maybe some of the Rust players, only hardcore people will stick with it.

I hope it draws more people in to WO but the monthly sub will push people away.