Sign in to follow this  
loenabelle

Building +

Hi!

I had some small ideas for wurm that I would really like to see. They mostly regard minor improvements to already existing features of wurm.

1. Roofs

I would love it if there were different roofs. So instead of a roof always being a piramid, a roof could be like:

6226116_orig.gif

+ dome 

+ vault ceiling (counts as a floor type, would be the easiest way to add them I guess)

and other forms if there is any interest in them. All roofs need the same material (like a shingle roof) but there is just another option available when building a roof.

Also being able to have a floor under a pointy roof would make a nice attic. Since the walls are basically the roof. This is hard to make so skip this but if someone were able to do it: sweet.

Walls on walls without having to make a floor first. This way you can have high ceilings and possibly make better and cooler looking churches or throne chambers.

For this you would also need something like a: crane or scaffolding. Scaffolding sounds best and it needs to be something that decays like hell but uses little material.

+ Columns that can support wall/arch corners (stackable for multi story structures)

Not having to build all walls before adding floors. I understand all reasons why this is not included in wurm online but on a private server 'who cares! :D'.

Pottery brick walls

Mortar coating for brick walls (to make smooth walls)

Round windows

stained glass windows

Balustrade

More requests for building? Comment and I will add some to the post to make it more noticable. I made requests from other people fat.

Thanks in advance ;)

Edited by loenabelle

I would like to add:

1. Columns that can support wall/arch corners (stackable for multi story structures).

2. Vault ceiling.

3. Round windows.

4. Dome.

5. Pottery brick walls.

6. Mortar coating for brick walls.

7. Balustrade.

I would like to add:

1. Columns that can support wall/arch corners (stackable for multi story structures).

2. Vault ceiling.

3. Round windows.

4. Dome.

5. Pottery brick walls.

6. Mortar coating for brick walls.

7. Balustrade.

Oeeeh nice, agree. But what is a vault ceiling (gonna try and google it too)

For number 2, its easy enough to build a wooden floor with opening that takes really little material to build and it also includes a ladder to climb up it (just like scaffolding), then once you build the 2nd floor of walls you can destroy the wooden opening floor..

I am all for the dome ceilings, Gold dome ceiling for temples!

Fixing up the ugly thatch with a nice, period accurate decorative thatch would also be sweet.  The current model isn't even accurate to the rest of the architecture and was just lazy modeling.

I'm gonna quote this and put it in the games actual suggestion thread

I'm gonna quote this and put it in the games actual suggestion thread

lol ok :)

For number 2, its easy enough to build a wooden floor with opening that takes really little material to build and it also includes a ladder to climb up it (just like scaffolding), then once you build the 2nd floor of walls you can destroy the wooden opening floor..

I am all for the dome ceilings, Gold dome ceiling for temples!

ok, i guess, didn't know this was possible :)