Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

WU Adventures Unlimited

At first blush releasing WURM Unlimited did not seem like a Big Deal. It seemed it would be nice for small groups of people to get together and do their own thing or for individuals to play around. But, "after much deep and profound brain things inside my head", I have realized that WURM Unlimited is well named. Why?

People can make an endless supply of adventures for the adventurer, either individuals or in groups. Maps with quests, mazes, goals. Mobs to get through, chests to find with keys to unlock things to further the adventure. Equipment troves to better your chances of survival. Stated beginning settings for players to start with so they have a challenge. The way you can use WU really is unlimited with a little imagination and the people who can come up with the maps as a canvas for these works of art. 

However, CC will have to help out. There are some things that need to be instituted to make these things easier. An adventure or challenge designer needs some way to set beginning experience in all categories. They need to be able to set caps. They need to be able to disallow npcs like tower guards from going through gates unless they are allowed on the permissions to do so.

For instance players could run into a spot where they need to access a chest but the mobs there are too strong to defeat. There is a glowing guard tower nearby with six guards that could help but they can't get out of their area to help because the gate is locked and they can't get through. The players bypass and come to an abandoned building. In a chest in the building is a key for the gate blocking the guards from the previous guard tower. So they go back, unlock the gate, defeat the mobs with the help of the guards and gain the item needed to continue their adventure.

There is a plethora of possibilities with WU. All that is needed are the people with the creativity and know how and some help from CC to make things easier to set in place for the adventure and challenge designers. Right now it would be difficult but I'm sure if CC helped things along CC could become very successful with WU indeed.

for your  'guard tower' scenario, why not...

surround the guard tower in a fence (a few tiles away cos we all know they poof them up close)

have a mission script that when you examine the chest, it changes one of the fences, turning it into a gate, or removing it completely.

Edited by JDBooker

Sorry, I know nothing about missions.  ;)

That was merely an example. But you see how the possibilities are endless, yes?  ^_^

And I do believe npcs need to be limited by permissions just as players to make the game a bit more flexible. 

Edited by Sarcaticous