Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

Treasure Chests

Will the treasure chest still spawn in WU?

I think it will be my only way of getting ada or glimmer because I won't have a hota or anything like that. 
If this doesn't work I might add some glimmer ada veins in my map

Yeah I prefer not to use the veins and keep it a rare metal to get. but if the treasure chest don't work then I guess I'm stuck with adding veins

you could create any size hota zone on any map.

or you could spawn a 'Rod of Erruption' and make a volcano wherever you like, they spit out addy and glim boulders to mine every once in a while.

and as Nahjo says, you can spawn veins of it wherever you like. as far as i know, it would have to be a GM thing as the rod of transmutation doesn't have addy or glim options at least none i've ever used have.

additional:

you can spawn treasure chests, tho you'd have to run some kind of mission script to automate them, otherwise they'd just get raided asap and leave ugly empty chests everywhere

you can also spawn those supply depot's from challenge.

rod of eruption only spawns addy, and btw they removed that from the game and replaced it with something else so it may not even be a possibility.

rod of eruption only spawns addy, and btw they removed that from the game and replaced it with something else so it may not even be a possibility.

rod of erruption creates a volcano, granted i've only seen addy boulders from it.

[16:08:51] A thick red rod carved from an unusual stone material. A symbol of a volcano is inlaid on the end that doesn't go into the ground. Should probably be planted with extreme care. Ql: 99.0, Dam: 0.0.

Edited by JDBooker

as someone who has randomly found a treasure chest on creative, they exist! (mine had 1 addy ore, 1 glimmer ore, and a seryll lump)

• Like 1

as someone who has randomly found a treasure chest on creative, they exist! (mine had 1 addy ore, 1 glimmer ore, and a seryll lump)

Mine had 3 pieces of leather, 3 iron lumps, 3 wemp and 3 cotton -_- ohwell, better then nothing I suppose :P

I have found a few now, they all say they are unlocked but for some reason I don't get the option to open them. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

rod of erruption creates a volcano, granted i've only seen addy boulders from it.

[16:08:51] A thick red rod carved from an unusual stone material. A symbol of a volcano is inlaid on the end that doesn't go into the ground. Should probably be planted with extreme care. Ql: 99.0, Dam: 0.0.

Wand of the seas is its replacement, a less terrain destructive inmy opinion..

I have found a few now, they all say they are unlocked but for some reason I don't get the option to open them. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

You have to lockpick them. The lockpick has to be decent QL too (I used ones over 50ql and it worked for me.

I didn't have to lockpick mine... but maybe they are designed to only open for players (if you had gm permissions active) there's a few other features like that.

We found one. It had 1kg seryll and 1kg ada and 1kg glimmersteel ore which is just 0.4kg lump and some other high ql items. Good but really not enough to do anything. 

Edited by atazs

The veins of Addy and Glimmer default cap to 50 actions, so they still stay fairly rare even if you get a nice bump of 50 every so often.

Those of you who have found chests and veins, are you using the default Ocrea map? Using the map viewer, I'm not seeing any adamantite or glimmersteel veins on our map. 

I just found a large magical sparkling treasure chest in Requiem of Wurm randomly in a forest. It has so many things in it. I am able to take most of them, armour, weapons, clothes etc.. however there are HUGE items in it as well that I cannot remove. Corbita,  large cart, wagon, guard tower, all kinds of huge things but even though I can open the chest and take things out..those items are not coming out. Any idea why? I am a pretty basic player not a priest or anything... so I was able to take some things out and the others just won't let me... 

44 minutes ago, Johndunnf said:

I just found a large magical sparkling treasure chest in Requiem of Wurm randomly in a forest. It has so many things in it. I am able to take most of them, armour, weapons, clothes etc.. however there are HUGE items in it as well that I cannot remove. Corbita,  large cart, wagon, guard tower, all kinds of huge things but even though I can open the chest and take things out..those items are not coming out. Any idea why? I am a pretty basic player not a priest or anything... so I was able to take some things out and the others just won't let me... 

That seems like a bug on the server you are playing on.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:54 AM, Johndunnf said:

Which server are you playing?