Sign in to follow this  
Nimdalia

Lightening piles, forges, etc...

I was thinking to start WU in creative mode with WO ruleset and completely naked, meaning no starter tools.

But when planing what to do first i hit a little problem, the steel and flint.

A possible way to get a steel and flint would be building crude tools and mining to find a flint (not to uncommon) and building a coal pile for the coals.

Using campfires for smelting till then. But how can i lighten the charcoal pile without steel and flint?

The alternative would be to build up everything till being able to kill a lavafiend just relying on campfires (smithing etc.) but this sounds really crazy to me.

So, is there a way to light forges, ovens and piles, from a burning campfire, or another way i didnt think of yet?

If not i would suggest to put one in the game (WO and WU),  like torches, branches  or something to be lit in campfire, using to light forges or something like that.

Edited by Nimdalia
  • Like 1

You'd need the flint and steel to make your campfires.  That's why newbies still start with 'em. Dunno if you will be able to change the recipes for items in WU however.

NAHHHH, you aint no wurmian! lol j/k

Kindling on Woodscrap == campfire, dont need no stinking flint and steel.

you cant light a coalpile with kindling and woodscrap.

you can get coal and flint from lava spiders and lava fiends tho

so as a naked noob, you'll need to find them, build a guard tower and then set the guards on it.

it's possible, but a total pita

• Like 1

I dropped my toolbox in Wurm Online, it makes for a very fun survival experience.  All you need is a campfire which can be made without steel and flint.  Anything else that needs that lighter you only need once you deed up and are no longer playing caveman.  To prolong play further I think it is possible to make one without any catch22, but it might be a long time ...which maybe what your first goal to creating civilization is making one.   Too much for me so I kept mine intending to use it after deeding, but after making the first fire by rubbing sticks together - I caved in and used it.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1