Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WGenerator - Wurm Unlimited Map Generator

anyway you can make this tool resizable for those with smaller screens? I can not access the bottom row of buttons in the current form.

I have a feature request: Could you add ability to paint world's heightmap using grayscale brushes? Kinda like when editing terrain in say Unity or Unreal. The reason I'm asking is that I want to make map based on world of my RPG Maker game (that should've been finished long time ago) and it requires certain very specific terrain features.

AK_ already wrote a image importer into WurmAPI for use with paint program mapmaking

• Like 1

Does anyone have a good erode set they use? It seems like all the maps i make with this have huge slopes even on the smaller island and does not seem to have much flat usable spaces by the water.

It might be an issue with the smaller 1024x1024 maps but i am struggling to get one i like when it is loaded up. 

Edited by Kegan

If you set iterations to 7 the mountains will have moderated slopes. Of course you have to keep in mind that the higher the elevation the steeper the slope. We have some nice Appalachian type mountains on our 4k x 4k server. You can see them in the screen shot I posted in WU discussions. 

Alright, well I'll explain what worked for me in case it can help anyone~

STEP 1: Navigate to your WU directory or dedicated server directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher) or (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server) by default.

STEP 2: Copy and the "Adventure" folder and paste it to make a new server folder ("Adventure" seems to work best?). (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\Adventure - Copy) or (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Adventure - Copy).

STEP 3: Rename this folder to match your server (or what ever you want). For example: "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\MYSERVER" or "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\MYSERVER". "MYSERVER" being anything you want it to be.

STEP 4: Copy your custom map files into your new server folder- they should overwrite the old ones. For reference the files you need are "flags.map", "map_cave.map", "resources.map", "rock_layer.map", and "top_layer.map"

STEP 5: In your server folder navigate to the folder "sqlite".

STEP 6: In the "sqlite" folder find and execute "rebuild-dbs.bat"; when prompted to continue in the command window, type "y" and press enter- wait until it finishes and states to "press any key to continue".

STEP 7: Start WU or the dedicated server. If starting WU go to "Manage server"

STEP 8: In the "Manage server" menu select your new server from the drop down menu on the top.

Untitled_zpsaxxanzup.png

STEP 9: Edit your server settings and start your server

STEP 10: Hope it works?

Would using 'adventure' as a base keep all of the quests and stuff?

Or does it sort of act as a blank slate?

Wouldn't using creative be better?

Would using 'adventure' as a base keep all of the quests and stuff?

Or does it sort of act as a blank slate?

Wouldn't using creative be better?

You can try creative, I have not though- someone said it did not work for them when they used Creative (though not sure if using Adventure fixed it for them)

As far as quests and the like, all of that is wiped when you rebuild the database as far as I know.

I found a bug in the code for dirt dropping. The bug makes it so dirt only slides one way, allowing dirt to be dropped on steep slopes that are facing a certain direction.

When trying to find a place to drop the dirt it was looking at the tiles below with an x

x--x--o

x--x--o

o--o--o

It should be all of them like this

x--x--x

x--x--x

x--x--x

Its just the exit condition on the for loops, it should be i >= x and j >= y instead of i > x and j > y

This is what the function should be

private Point findDropTile(int x, int y, double maxSlope, double maxDiagSlope) {

ArrayList<Point> slopes = new ArrayList<Point>();

double currentHeight = getTileHeight(x, y);

for (int i = x + 1; i >= x - 1; i--) {

for (int j = y + 1; j >= y - 1; j--) {

if (i < 0 || j < 0 || i >= heightMap.getMapSize() || j >= heightMap.getMapSize())

continue;

This is with the bug

eb3e66279e.jpg

This is with it fixed

d8664230d4.jpg

Edited by blayze
  • Like 4

AK_ already wrote a image importer into WurmAPI for use with paint program mapmaking

Where it is? Also I'm looking for something that works kinda like MC's WorldPainter or this tool (i'm fine with it being topdown, 2d though, doesn't have to be 3d). Edited by darkhog

Alright, well I'll explain what worked for me in case it can help anyone~

STEP 1: Navigate to your WU directory or dedicated server directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher) or (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server) by default.

STEP 2: Copy and the "Adventure" folder and paste it to make a new server folder ("Adventure" seems to work best?). (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\Adventure - Copy) or (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Adventure - Copy).

STEP 3: Rename this folder to match your server (or what ever you want). For example: "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\MYSERVER" or "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\MYSERVER". "MYSERVER" being anything you want it to be.

STEP 4: Copy your custom map files into your new server folder- they should overwrite the old ones. For reference the files you need are "flags.map", "map_cave.map", "resources.map", "rock_layer.map", and "top_layer.map"

STEP 5: In your server folder navigate to the folder "sqlite".

STEP 6: In the "sqlite" folder find and execute "rebuild-dbs.bat"; when prompted to continue in the command window, type "y" and press enter- wait until it finishes and states to "press any key to continue".

STEP 7: Start WU or the dedicated server. If starting WU go to "Manage server"

STEP 8: In the "Manage server" menu select your new server from the drop down menu on the top.

Untitled_zpsaxxanzup.png

STEP 9: Edit your server settings and start your server

STEP 10: Hope it works?

That should work for replacing the original map files with your own map files? Has this worked for anyone yet?

Nicely done program. How do you import the map you made into being used on WU. I'm not a programmer so please tell me the simplest method for this to be done. Thank you. BTW on a personal note I  encourage people to donate to help you develop this product more.  Easy to use and create maps just not sure how you import them over to be used in WU.

I like it with the bug. In the real world one side of a range of mountains will generally be more green than the other side because of lift and moisture dropping out because of that lift thus leaving the leeward side much drier. This will give you one side green, one side markedly less green.

I found a bug in the code for dirt dropping. The bug makes it so dirt only slides one way, allowing dirt to be dropped on steep slopes that are facing a certain direction.

When trying to find a place to drop the dirt it was looking at the tiles below with an x

x--x--o

x--x--o

o--o--o

It should be all of them like this

x--x--x

x--x--x

x--x--x

Its just the exit condition on the for loops, it should be i >= x and j >= y instead of i > x and j > y

This is what the function should be

private Point findDropTile(int x, int y, double maxSlope, double maxDiagSlope) {

ArrayList<Point> slopes = new ArrayList<Point>();

double currentHeight = getTileHeight(x, y);

for (int i = x + 1; i >= x - 1; i--) {

for (int j = y + 1; j >= y - 1; j--) {

if (i < 0 || j < 0 || i >= heightMap.getMapSize() || j >= heightMap.getMapSize())

continue;

This is with the bug

eb3e66279e.jpg

This is with it fixed

d8664230d4.jpg

I replaced the freedom.png on my client with my custom map file and it works!!

Edited by Overlord

I replaced the freedom.png on my server with my custom map file and it works!!

What's the path to that file?  I can't find it in the server folder anywhere.

What's the path to that file?  I can't find it in the server folder anywhere.

It's not on the server all GFX are in the client...

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\packs

It's not on the server all GFX are in the client...

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\packs

Oh, but you said you replaced it on your server.  :D

Has anyone else had issues with map sizes 2048 and higher? After generating, eroding and dropping dirt I can't add any biomes. It processes the action for like 5 seconds and doesnt do anything.

• Like 1

Nary a problem. Been using an indy map ingame since yesterday. If the button doesn't pop out it's not done. Make sure you got the elevations right. And the number of Seed Counts and the seed Size. Set Growth% in every box to 100 while testing to see if things work. 

Edited by Clatius

New version (1.11) when I drop dirt I still only see the height map I can't see any other layer Actually I cant see anything but the height map in any version whats with that. i5, 8GB of RAM, intel 4000 series, windows 10

Edited by ZaZ213

I'm having trouble seeding the Lava biome. I want my lava tiles to be on rocks but they keep appearing on the grass (near the rocks). I am using a high slope, high minimum and maximum heights but when I go too high with the heights it doesn't create anything. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Edit: Just to test it, I used low height settings and it placed it all over the map but none on the rocks - can it only go onto tiles where there is dirt already?

Edited by cmiddlebrook