Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WGenerator - Wurm Unlimited Map Generator

This is all I get, but then it just remains hung up and never does connect:

Spoiler

Apr 05, 2018 4:34:27 AM com.wurmonline.server.gui.WurmServerGuiController saveServerButtonLocalClicked
INFO: saveServerLocalButtonClicked javafx.event.ActionEvent[source=Button[id=saveServerButtonLocal, styleClass=button]'Save']
Apr 05, 2018 4:34:27 AM com.wurmonline.server.gui.propertysheet.ServerPropertySheet save
INFO: Saved using new method.
java.util.logging.config.file system property is not set so hardcoding logging
com.wurmonline logger handlers: []
Apr 05, 2018 4:34:32 AM org.flywaydb.core.internal.dbsupport.sqlite.SQLiteDbSupport info
INFO: SQLite does not support setting the schema. Default schema NOT changed to main
Apr 05, 2018 4:34:32 AM org.flywaydb.core.internal.dbsupport.sqlite.SQLiteDbSupport info
INFO: SQLite does not support setting the schema. Default schema NOT changed to main
Loading servers

Maybe this video helps you to start with an new custom map

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eject said:

Maybe this video helps you to start with an new custom map

Thank you for this. I am doing everything exactly the same, and getting the same result she got where her game got hung and could not load. I don't really understand her "workaround" - something about downloading or uploading something about the maps again but from a different source. I'll watch the video a couple more times, and hopefully I'll understand what she's talking about. It goes pretty quickly, so it's hard for me to follow.

EDIT:  Thank you @Eject .  After I watched it again, I was able to do the fix she talks about. Now mine is working!  :-)

Edited by Batta

On 10/22/2015 at 10:50 PM, blayze said:

Started working on river generation

How did you do that??  I don't see any tool in the WGenerator for it but I'd love to have rivers!

If it doesn't work for you at all, uninstall Java10 and reinstall java 8.
you only need to use it for one job so it's no major inconvenience. 

2 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

If it doesn't work for you at all, uninstall Java10 and reinstall java 8.
you only need to use it for one job so it's no major inconvenience. 

Were you responding to my question?  If so, I don't know whether it works or not, as I don't know where to find the tool for river generation.  I've used this with several Java versions and have never noticed a river tool.

no, sorry, me and fable are starting our own server but he couldn't get the program to run so i uninstalled j10 and reinstalled j8. Fable will be funding the server so i'm leaving the map generation to him.

I figured others might run into the same problem. (J10 is awesome, no more tiny text on uhd screens)
I assumed the river thing is just a narrow inland seas seed, considering we can't get water above the water table. 
river tool..
i'd be amazed if there was a mod that makes actual rivers flowing down from altitude possible, i highly doubt it's a thing.

edit - I've pm'd you a link to this;

seems to have more specific functionality toward river generation

Edited by Steveleeb

Guys, how open this program? I dowload java files, but cant open this. Thx for answer. 

9 hours ago, Goremor said:

Guys, how open this program? I dowload java files, but cant open this. Thx for answer. 

For me, it didn't work inside a folder. I had to put it on my desktop.

Posted this in the subforum, but apparently it is in the wrong section.

When I try to run the WGenerator.jar file, regardless of how I do it, nothing happens at all. I do have the JRE installed. Could someone please help me with that?

Bump, get same issue as MinorArchitect.  Also tried running from desktop as suggested a couple comments earlier but nothing happens.

-EDIT:  Discovered I can run it from the cmd prompt if that helps anyone else with the issue of it not loading

Edited by Proseedda

anybody having issues with custom maps and not getting creatures to spawn in the waters like dolphins, sharks, octopus, sea serpent?

ding ding 🔔duamn it ok with some digging and thinking right click the zipped jar---open with--java platform 🤔 but how do you import your own custom height map? 

on the hightmap tab press the "import hightmap" button :D

make sure first you set the map size to match the map your importing

Edited by CountZero

Need help - I can not get past this: Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.MapData.createMapDump(MapData.java:479)
    at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.MapData.createMapDump(MapData.java:456)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateMapView(MainWindow.java:845)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.actionGenerateMap(MainWindow.java:527)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow$10$1.run(MainWindow.java:502)

My Java Runtime Environment Settings are: Runtime Parameters -XmX2048m Enabled Checked Architecture x86

I have tried running java -Xmx2048m -jar WGenerator from the cmd line in the folder but I get: 

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

I have 32g of ram on this machine - can anoyone help me out?

When I run java -version I get:

java version "1.8.0_241"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_241-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.241-b07, mixed mode, sharing)

So I'm thinking I screwed up here some where - as I do not see 32 64 or 86??

C:\>java -d64 -version
Error: This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM.
Please install the desired version.

Does this mean i should remove my current java and install a 64 bit version?

And TYVM for the help!

On 2/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, Segomo said:

Is a 6k (6144) map possible?

nop, 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16K are possible