Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WGenerator - Wurm Unlimited Map Generator

Trying to make a 4096 map. I can generate the heightmap but it wont drop dirt. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: nvm I added more memory to the application and its working now.

Edited by CedricIV

how do you get wurm to automatically seed a custom map with biomes?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!

I have been trying to get this to work in game for days now to no avail.

I am able to generate the maps using newest version of Wgenerator without issue.

My problem is getting them to work in game.

I create a new folder, copy the contents from either adventure or creative, then replace the map files with the ones from Wgenerator, then rebuild with the script, then launch the server with my new map.

The problem is, when I get in game, the whole world seems to be flat rock with shallow puddles covering it.   I can see the occassional tower or runestone but there is absolutely no terrain, just all flatness!

CAN someone help and tell me what might be happenning here?   I can't figure this out.

Thanks so much!!!

I am able to generate the maps using newest version of Wgenerator without issue.

I create a new folder, copy the contents from either adventure or creative, then replace the map files with the ones from Wgenerator, then rebuild with the script, then launch the server with my new map.

The problem is, when I get in game, the whole world seems to be flat rock with shallow puddles covering it.   I can see the occassional tower or runestone but there is absolutely no terrain, just all flatness!

CAN someone help and tell me what might be happenning here?   I can't figure this out.

Thanks so much!!!

What do you name the folder with the new map? When you click on Manage Server does your new map show up? 

What you are describing is what I've seen when I have not rebuilt the dbase or the .map files are corrupt for whatever reason. 

I would suggest using Budda's Wgenerator since it is the most generic of the lot. Less chance for corruption.

Then follow the steps as described by Clatius which are below. If this does not work let us know what you have done step by step. It will be the only way to know what has gone awry.

BTW, whether or not WU puts in the biomes is hit and miss for me. I cannot get it to do that reliably. ;)  

I give the map a name. Say 1024-1.

Then I make a new folder in the WurmServerLauncher and name it after the map which in this case would be 1024-1. WurmServerLauncher/1024-1.

Then I go to either the Adventure or Creative folder and copy EVERYTHING that is in that folder over to the folder I named after the map.

Then I copy the .map files from Wgenerator/1024-1 into WurmServerLauncer/1024-1.

Then I run rebuild the db by running rebuild-dbs.bat.

I fire up WU. Click "Manage Server"

Once the server window is up select 1024-1 in the "Select database to use" drop down. 

Click on "Start Server"

And you should be good to go. If you are still trying to figure this stuff out I would use Budda's Wgenerator since it is the most simple with the fewest bells and whistles.

Oh, one other thing. Since you are testing just make a heightmap and then drop dirt. Don't bother with all the biome, ores and erosion. You don't need them to run the map in a game. WU will put in biome and ore for you.

Edited by Sarcaticous

Thanks so much!!!

This link may also help: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133062-tutorial-how-to-install-custom-maps-clean-your-database/

One other tip. Keenan made a Map Viewer tool. Once you have the map all ready to go, load it into that tool. Everytime I've had an issue with the server starting with a wierd flatish area it turns out there was a problem with the map and the Map Viewer made it easier to check then copying everything to a server first.

~Nappy

I need some help please

When I run the generator as standard, I can only make 1024 sized maps, but I want a 4096 one, so I tried to add more memory, but I get this error : 

memory%20error_zpspm3dbddv.png

What am I doing wrong? Running Windows 10, system uses 5 out of 16 gigs of RAM, so plenty available...

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

11 minutes ago, Nagorian said:

I need some help please

When I run the generator as standard, I can only make 1024 sized maps, but I want a 4096 one, so I tried to add more memory, but I get this error : 

memory%20error_zpspm3dbddv.png

What am I doing wrong? Running Windows 10, system uses 5 out of 16 gigs of RAM, so plenty available...

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Check if you have 64-bit Java installed. It looks like it's 32-bit. I'm not sure why it can't allocate the 1500mb but the 4096 error is likely the cause of 32-bit so once you sort that out, hopefully everything works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadLuckBurt said:

Check if you have 64-bit Java installed. It looks like it's 32-bit. I'm not sure why it can't allocate the 1500mb but the 4096 error is likely the cause of 32-bit so once you sort that out, hopefully everything works.

Thank you very much! Logical answer, but my brain simply would not compute. 

• Like 1

Can someone please tell me how to even open up the program, i just built my computer earlier this week forgot i didnt install Java. So i went into the java folder and tried to use one of the applications to run the generator, now I dont know how to change the icon back to its original. How do I run it now?

2 hours ago, Emortal said:

Can someone please tell me how to even open up the program, i just built my computer earlier this week forgot i didnt install Java. So i went into the java folder and tried to use one of the applications to run the generator, now I dont know how to change the icon back to its original. How do I run it now?

You should be able to right click and select 'Open With'  to get the file types selector dialog of windows open. then you you should be able to select java in its installed directory to run jar files again.

12 hours ago, Kendoh said:

How do you not start in winter?

More specifically:

Edited by tiqdreng

22 hours ago, Kendoh said:

How do you not start in winter?

You have to stop your server, edit wurmlogin.db using a sqlite editor (I recommend SqliteBrowser), then start the server back up.  I wrote a little tool to help calculate the value that needs to be entered in the database, here's my post:

• Like 1

All I get is a black and white ghost that looks more like white clouds against a black sky.

I'm excited to use this generator since I'm tired of the two base maps, but I keep running into problems.

1: Custom Maps Downloaded From Internet Do No Load Past Heightmap 

- To get a custom map server to load, I need to be able to save the map again in WGenerator, but I can't save a downloaded map if there is no dirt

2: Won't Generate A Heightmap For Worlds Over 4096

3: Won't Drop Dirt For Worlds Over 2048

I have allocated a considerable amount of RAM to it, so I don't think it is a memory issue.

Is anyone able to help?

Edit:

I'm considering giving up. I can't find any videos or tutorials teaching how to use this program. The buttons only work less than half of the time, the program hasn't been updated in a long time, and I don't even know how to add biomes. And considering I can't get others' maps to work, I might be giving up on Worm in general. Until I'm able to figure out multiplayer or am able to get new maps, the game has stopped being fun.

Edited by Blackmdawn
More Information

2 hours ago, Blackmdawn said:

1: Custom Maps Downloaded From Internet Do No Load Past Heightmap 

Heightmaps need to be 16bit greyscale.  They also need to be the correct size (multiples of 1024, 2048, 8092, etc), square and have no landmass touching the edge of the map.

Apologies, but I can't help you with hte other issues.  The only thing I can think of is check you have 64bit Java installed is allocating memory is a problem.

Edited by Lichbane

So I'm very confused, I get the dirt action stops in a couple seconds and nothing happens issue, and I know what the command prompt is, I know how to use it, but when I try to do what is stated here it says "unable to access jarfile wgenerator.jar" So then I realize duh the command drive line is set to system32, then i realized you can't change it like you could in the good old days. Being confused on why it could not access the file, and not finding any level of detailed instruction anywhere, I said screw it and I put the map generator in the system 32 folder where the command prompt was directed, and again I got the same message. I saw here someone said " open the cmd in the same folder as the file"  so can someone explain to me how you open the command prompt within a folder? I put my custom map in my game and it came out flat and grey wit puddles and baby trees, it's was like a weird dreamscape. So as directed I was trying to load the map into wgenerator in order to resave it and recopy it into my game folder so that it might work, problem is i can't get past dropping dirt!

How do I see everything in the right menu? Its full screen right now...bandicam_2016_06_07_14_30_13_245.jpg

getting this error now.

java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
    at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
    at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
    at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.MapData.createMap(MapData.java:74)
    at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.MapData.<init>(MapData.java:40)
    at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.WurmAPI.<init>(WurmAPI.java:49)
    at com.wurmonline.wurmapi.api.WurmAPI.create(WurmAPI.java:26)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.getAPI(MainWindow.java:2437)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateAPIMap(MainWindow.java:2480)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateMapView(MainWindow.java:2460)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.actionDropDirt(MainWindow.java:1782)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow$34$1.run(MainWindow.java:1504)
Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateAPIMap(MainWindow.java:2480)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.updateMapView(MainWindow.java:2460)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow.actionDropDirt(MainWindow.java:1782)
    at net.buddat.wgenerator.MainWindow$34$1.run(MainWindow.java:1504)

Edited by Devily

#necromancer

Could Wurm handle a custom map with these dimensions:  965,000 x 965,000 (3,860,000km x 3860,000km)