Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WGenerator - Wurm Unlimited Map Generator

I'll make pull requests for those features soon Budda, probably tomorrow sometime. I've also overhauled a lot of the UI - if you're interested in merging I'll generate a pull request and you can decide yourself.

cool looking map, i think it needs alot of work tho cause the starting height map had to be converted in l3dt, so its kindof blocky and jagged i just threw some bioms on it to see what it would look like :) ill definitely play around with it more, is that the only height map you have of it?

VLH9m2b.png

Edited by Rillio

Could you upload the files for this so we can try the map out? Please? Thank you! (Unless theres a way to make a map just from the image you posted? If so let me know how!)

Until he fixes the 8b heightmap source problem it is not worth playtime.  Look closely and see all those contour lines?  Those are 256 dirt high cliffs everywhere.  8b heightmap imports are simply not playable.  It requires someone adding support for noisy interpolation to their generator specifically for this to remove those quantized cliffs.  Dump maps are a lossy projection, you cannot recover a Wurm map from them.

Edited by yarnevk

created map working fine but

issue is creating a starter town keep getting use were i cant please a trader or merchant on this server

I think traders need to be activated via GM command. and Merchants are allowed via deed settings.

Both Traders and Barkeepers can be summoned as Arch GM, though Traders are listed as Salesman in the summon menu.

This seems to override the default behaviour on servers, which is Traders are Disabled.

To enable the placing of Traders through Trader Contracts, activate wand, right click an item, and look for the Creatures menu, then use Feature Management to set Traders to 'Override', which will allow Trader placement.

Until he fixes the 8b heightmap source problem it is not worth playtime.  Look closely and see all those contour lines?  Those are 256 dirt high cliffs everywhere.  8b heightmap imports are simply not playable.  It requires someone adding support for noisy interpolation to their generator specifically for this to remove those quantized cliffs.  Dump maps are a lossy projection, you cannot recover a Wurm map from them.

Edited by Aum

I have tried everything in this thread, and this is really frustrating. I made my map, saved the map files...once. Made a copy of my Creative folder and inserted the maps, overwriting the files in there. I deleted the gamedir file as one has suggested (don't do this, it causes your launcher not to see the new server folders you make). Re-built the sql databases, modified the insertwurmitems.sql and zones sql and still the server hangs and does not start. ARRRGGHH! 

I really wish someone would do a proper write up on all the steps, in order, step-by-step on how to properly do this because I am really freakin' frustrated.

I have tried everything in this thread, and this is really frustrating. I made my map, saved the map files...once. Made a copy of my Creative folder and inserted the maps, overwriting the files in there. I deleted the gamedir file as one has suggested (don't do this, it causes your launcher not to see the new server folders you make). Re-built the sql databases, modified the insertwurmitems.sql and zones sql and still the server hangs and does not start. ARRRGGHH! 

I really wish someone would do a proper write up on all the steps, in order, step-by-step on how to properly do this because I am really freakin' frustrated.

it was interesting but the distribution of the tar clay sand etc...was a bit sloppy.

loaded and played the world I made 1024x1024 and had fun, but too many things would have to be fixed using GM mode.

I wish there was a way to paint the biome stuff....using a brush.

Edited by Uberknot

Great editor. Simple to use but with lots of potential. Only issue i'm having is dealing with excessive hills on large maps. Maybe we could get a modifier to allow mountains to slope off faster/slower (currently max height tends to chop off mountain tops not make them smaller). Also the ability to restrict erosion to between a max and minimum height would be very helpful for reducing hills without submerging lowlands into the water.

Time to make another one....maybe this time i can get lots of flat land and a couple mountains? :D

So I made a pretty nice looking map and I wanted to try and use it but i can't figure out how to make it work on the server. Can anyone tell me what i have to do to make it work as a server map?

Ok figured it out. Also can anyone help me figure out how to make a bit flatter sections on the map. I don't mind mountains but i keep having REALLY steep land masses

Also when i load it onto my server to test it comes out being colored wierd like white grass and white trees.

Edited by nightwatch

Well after about 15 maps I have finally made one I liked!

This time nothing but grass and trees and bushes.  I will put every thing else in by hand.

Only problem is my dirt layer is only 45..... I dont know how to change that without wrecking my trees...

Edited by Uberknot

Ok figured it out. Also can anyone help me figure out how to make a bit flatter sections on the map. I don't mind mountains but i keep having REALLY steep land masses

Also when i load it onto my server to test it comes out being colored wierd like white grass and white trees.

I do have the same issue with an "all white" map ... there's like snow everywhere (if that is possible at all) and the gras does not show.

it's all white ...

any advice ?

That's how the game looks during winter.  You can modify the time of year by changing a value in the database.  Otherwise you'll just have to wait for spring, of for someone to provide an interface for changing things on the server like that.

I do have the same issue with an "all white" map ... there's like snow everywhere (if that is possible at all) and the gras does not show.

it's all white ...

any advice ?

Shut down the server before working on databases.

Open the sqlite folder where you have your maps installed, look for wurmlogin.db, open that with Sql Browser or something else that lets you edit SQL databases, switch to Data View, look in the drop down list for Servers, scroll along until you find the Worldtime entry, double click that, change it to 5655500 or something close to that, make sure you write/save the entry before quitting, should land you right in Summer.

• Like 1

That's how the game looks during winter.  You can modify the time of year by changing a value in the database.  Otherwise you'll just have to wait for spring, of for someone to provide an interface for changing things on the server like that.

Do you know what value that is?

I haven't messed with it yet but in wurmlogin.db in the SERVERS table there is a column called WORLDTIME. I don't know what the number means but the value is 45900 on the first day of winter.

Edit: put in the wrong number at first but that's definitely the value to change. A GUI for all those handy settings would be useful, official or otherwise.

Edited by NESGamepro

2787800 will set the server to a few days into Spring I think.

EDIT: OK, so after a little bit of investigation I can say with confidence that the value in WORLDTIME is the number of seconds since the start of the year 980.

60 * 60 * 24 * 32 = 2764800

That's 32 days into the year.  2787800 is about 6 hours into the 32nd day of the year.  You could probably set it to day 25 and still be in Spring if you want the extra few days.  :)

Edited by Ricowan
  • Like 1

Question: If I have the top_layer.map, rock_layer.map and flags.map files, is there any way for me to generate the resources.map and the map_cave.map files from those? You need all 5 of those files, right?

EDIT: Actually just read you can leave out the map_cave.map file and Wurm will create one based on some algorithm it has or something, but what about the resources.map. I'm guessing that's the biome information so ... does that get generated as well if you don't have one? Will Wurm know where to put trees and sand and whatnot based on the other 3 map files?

EDIT2: Just so everyone knows: The resources.map file auto-generates as well :D

Edited by Scrubbs

2787800 will set the server to a few days into Spring I think.

EDIT: OK, so after a little bit of investigation I can say with confidence that the value in WORLDTIME is the number of seconds since the start of the year 980.

60 * 60 * 24 * 32 = 2764800

That's 32 days into the year.  2787800 is about 6 hours into the 32nd day of the year.  You could probably set it to day 25 and still be in Spring if you want the extra few days.  :)

Thanks, I had a hunch it was counter based, but wasn't sure what was being counted, or the units used.

Thank you a lot for the "winter has arrived" - fix

now i just need to get the grass tiles to have forageable and botanizeable items in them again .... it has all been picked clean everywhere ...

Never understood why Rolf likes to release servers that are not yet grown in yet, ditto for rummage not having any luck and had to open a mine to find iron.

There's a command in the .ini that regenerates them check wurmpedia for more info think it's CREATESEEDS