Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WGenerator - Wurm Unlimited Map Generator

Pretty sure you have to rebuild the database, otherwise all the houses/mobs/stuff from the original Adventure/Creative server is left on your new server.

You can do this by going into your server directory (Adventure/Creative/or your own folder) and going into the sqlite folder- just run the "rebuild-dbs.bat" in there...

No idea if that actually does anything, but seemed to work for me?

Well all i did in my creative copy over this time was delete the "gamedir" in my "creative_backup" well that and replace all the .map files. Keep in mind that you only put in the .map files from your custom map you dont put in the action or image files. 

If this does not work for you then i am not sure it worked for me. 

Edited by Kegan

Pretty sure you have to rebuild the database, otherwise all the houses/mobs/stuff from the original Adventure/Creative server is left on your new server.

You can do this by going into your server directory (Adventure/Creative/or your own folder) and going into the sqlite folder- just run the "rebuild-dbs.bat" in there...

No idea if that actually does anything, but seemed to work for me?

Tried that and still hangs.  It just seems to reset all the settings I defined, so had to recreate those.

Well all i did in my creative copy over this time all i did was delete the "gamedir" in my "creative_backup" well that and replace all the .map files. Keep in mind that you only put in the .map files from your custom map you dont put in the action or image files. 

If this does not work for you then i am not sure it worked for me. 

Whenever I do your steps including deleting the gamedir file, it recreates the create/adventure mode folders and I am no longer able to see my custom map folder/database.

Tried that and still hangs.  It just seems to reset all the settings I defined, so had to recreate those.

Hmm...

Not sure if anything you are doing is wrong- but all I had to do to get my custom map working is literally copy over flags.map, map_cave.map, resources.map, rock_layer.map, and top_layer.map

I rebuilt the database on top of this and it still works for me (and I no longer spawn in the starter town). I might note I used "Adventure" as my base for editing.

I did not delete gamedir- not sure you should touch gamedir/currentdir.

Whenever I do your steps including deleting the gamedir file, it recreates the create/adventure mode folders and I am no longer able to see my custom map folder/database.

I don't know i have four custom servers and my creative and adventure server all working doing it the way i posted.

I guess i might just delete the post if everyone else is having trouble with it. 

What is the difference between using the creative vs adventure folders for your custom map?

ballack or drathania, if either of you end up getting to work, please post what you did different.  I'll keep trying on my end.

ballack or drathania, if either of you end up getting to work, please post what you did different.  I'll keep trying on my end.

Copying the Adventure folder instead of the Creative folder at least gets the server past the "Loading servers"/hanging issue but when I enter the game the entire world is water-level rock. I'm going to try redoing my map in WGenerator and see if that works.

edit: After I ran rebuild-dbs.bat file in the sqlite folder, the server started hanging on launch again.

Edited by Balack

Yeah I've tried both of my maps, and get the same issue.

In case it makes a difference, my server is running on Windows 2012 R2.

Just copy your .map files into the creative dir. and start the server ... make a backup of creative first.

Edited by Overlord

Just copy your .map files into the creative dir. and start the server ... make a backup of creative first.

Me neither.  Out of curiousity what OS are you running it on?

Mine is Windows 7 professional and does not work here, If the OS is not the issue then limited RAM/CPU could be, though i have 12gb RAM and a core i7 CPU which is more than i would expect as a requirement for a dedicated server.

Yeah mine is Windows 2012 R2.  Hmm....I'm so frustrated at this point.  I've tried both of my custom maps (one is a 1024 the other 4096) and neither work.

Thats more than me I have a xeon and 6gig ram.. you can change ram in one of the INI files.... also I am loading a 1024 map so far!! takes about 500m with animals (default) and no hostiles.