Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WGenerator - Wurm Unlimited Map Generator

I love this map.  So how hard is it for a non-programmer to make something like this?  From what I've read by skimming the pages in the thread, it seems possible?  

It is indeed really easy for a non programmer. First make sure you have the 64 bit version of Java installed and not the 32 bit, then when you download the program, put it somewhere easy to reach via Windows Command Prompt. When you have done that, click start, type cmd in the search bar and hit enter. Navigate to the .jar file you downloaded using cd command prompt command. When you are there, paste in:     java -Xmx2048m -jar WGenerator.jar     to make sure you are using 2gbs of memory at least.

• Like 1

It seems this tool doesn't like my resolution T_T.

1280x720 (17 inch)

=

2onK1hu.png

(The options on the right are mostly cut off on all of them so all i can do is click the 5 buttons and adjust seeds)

I love this map.  So how hard is it for a non-programmer to make something like this?  From what I've read by skimming the pages in the thread, it seems possible?  

Still having memory issues with this crapping out on maps 2048 - and no answer still on how to run from command line?

Legionnaire is having internet troubles, so I'm posting this 4096 for him:

NTGuG1V.jpg

Edited by Tyroki

I myself glanced at it briefly but it is pretty easy once you get going. I honestly just recommend to read the first page and see what each thing does and then play around with it.

Some settings I like to have are: Res:75, Iterations: 20, Mine Edge 28:, Border Weight, 10, Max Height 5000, for the height map settings. 

Also I made a 4096 Map, I had Tyroki post the image since I was having problems getting it to upload to an image site.

A mountain goat would love this. Be kinda tough on a people.  ;)

Would be a good time flying over these in god mode to see how rough they are up close and personal.

Legionnaire is having internet troubles, so I'm posting this 4096 for him:

NTGuG1V.jpg

• Like 1

I made a 1024 as well since I have the other two larger sizes already.

Although I think the mountains may be a bit too large on this one, overall I think it looks decent enough though.

Pzja8yv.png

I decided to pull down the project in git and I have been working on a domain distortion feature. So far it looks cool but it still needs a bit of work.

Original

1540d5b0f3.jpg

Domain Distortion 

4953652af4.jpg

Also a different one that looked good

4d06396402.jpg

Edited by blayze
  • Like 1

Finally got it to work - here's my "birthday map." I used my numerical birth date to generate a terrain map.

19b7u9.jpg

Edited by Ozgod

A typo:

Min Height: Biome will not grow below this height.

Max Height: Biome will now grow above this height.

Latest map I've map, Deli sized.

2a5gghj.jpg

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 1

Looks awesome. but won't fit on my laptop and doesn't seem to have the ability to resize.

Edited by BrandonSF

Should be able to resize now, thought this one I made Indy sized but its Deli sized.

A mountain goat would love this. Be kinda tough on a people.  ;)

Would be a good time flying over these in god mode to see how rough they are up close and personal.

I really like this map. Well done.

*deleted* 

Everyone seems to be having trouble with my guide on how to load the maps to your server so i am going to delete this and let someone else explain. i have gotten 4 maps going but i guess my way is not working for others. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

okay i think i got the costume map going i put in all my map files in the creative folder but it kept stalling so i deleted the currentdir, gamedir and protectedtiles.bmp and run it again and it asked about creating new files and now it is up and running i will have to wait i guess till the client is available to see if it worked or not. 

Did i not have to delete all of the above files and if not what ones do you have to delete if any?  It might be nice to get a little post on how to get your custom maps loaded up on your server.   :)

It would be extremely useful for those unsure if a dev would draft a blow by blow account of how to set up custom maps for adventure / creative mode just to avoid a flood of similar posts in the very near future and sticky it for quick referral.

I tried following Kegan's process, but the launcher still keeps hanging when trying to start the server with a custom map.

I tried following Kegan's process, but the launcher still keeps hanging when trying to start the server with a custom map.

So, I've got my map files. How do I start a server with them? If I overwrite the files in "Creative" and enter the world, I'm left with a world of swimming mobs, floating sharks and misplaced altars.

let me run a test and see what i am forgetting i am posting that off memory..1 sec

let me run a test and see what i am forgetting i am posting that off memory..1 sec