Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WGenerator - Wurm Unlimited Map Generator

Hammertimes, what setting do you use to give the borders of the landmasses sand? (if that is sand at least on the picture you posted)

glimmer/addy ore? O.o

Glimmer and addy veins exist in the game, but they have never been actually added to the map as far as I know (for obvious reasons)

if you want sand borders set min hight to 480 and max hight to 560 then seed to 200 and size to 1000.

water level is 500 btw, so when adding trees and over biomes just make sure its above 550 away from the beach

Edited by hammertimes

Everyone that has downloaded and run so far, please redownload the new version: https://github.com/BuddaT/WGenerator/releases

The initial version wasn't saving maps properly, this should fix that.

Sorry about that to anyone that had already finished their maps, but if you saved the actions files, you can just load that in and regenerate the map and save it again.

Everyone that has downloaded and run so far, please redownload the new version: https://github.com/BuddaT/WGenerator/releases

Sorry about that to anyone that had already finished their maps, but if you saved the actions files, you can just load that in and regenerate the map and save it again.

the load actions does not seem to do anything that i can tell either

the load actions does not seem to do anything that i can tell either

Works fine for me on the old version, not checked new yet.

As long as you've saved everything previously and then create a new heightmap and drop dirt you can import the saved actions as long as you specify the map name. This replicates the saved map when it finishes the import.

Edited by Busted

When you're loading actions from an old saved one, make sure you change the map name to the old one first, then click load.

It pulls from the map name to see what folder to check for the actions file.

(Admittedly, this could be made easier in the future.)

Works fine for me on the old version, not checked new yet.

As long as you've saved everything previously and then create a new heightmap and drop dirt you can import the saved actions as long as you specify the map name.

oh we have to write in the name i was expecting a pick a file type thing to pop up guess i will try again then

I'm noticing an issue with the map actions files too.  I have a paste to use as reference: http://pastebin.com/miMvtTiC

If you look at the SEEDBIOME lines, they don't save the initial seed value for the biomes to generate, so when you load them later, there's no way to guarantee you'll get the same map.  There's only the number of seeds to generate.

Reference:

SEEDBIOME(TILE_SAND):12,50,600,20,30,78,36,60,0,400

I know you are focused on bugs but when you get to new features it would be nice to be able to maximize the window. 

Edit: Might i also suggest that when you click save map files that it saves an action file too i just lost a good map because i did not have an action file to reload :(

Edited by Kegan

I am loving this Map generator.  Thank you so much Bubba :)

I encounter an issue when trying to seed biomes. Nothing happens. In cmd I get this:

kx9QK0I.png

Was this broken 100% of the time? or is there a chance that the map file could be fine.

I encounter an issue when trying to seed biomes. Nothing happens. In cmd I get this:

Try this what Budda said earlier:

Ah right, it's running out of the default memory for that huge map.

To launch with more memory, run from the command line with the following:

java -Xmx2048m -jar WGenerator.jar

Where "2048m" is how much memory to give it. You may need to play around with this amount.

It worked for me when I picked 1500m

@Budda: Those ore-distribution percentages, do those represent a "normal" amount in the current WO maps?

(because I dont want to come across a vein every 3 tiles I mine, so I'm not really sure how for I can go and tweak these values)

Edited by Lycanthropic

Is ore QL determined by the server, and the map just identifies which tile is ore?

LOL Holy crap, I Learned my lesson about messing with the ore values.  The map I made I would be lucky to open a 5x5 area to set up a nice mine workshop. 

Very nice tool.

Here's my first attempt:

*DISCLAIMER* I know nothing of what I am doing!

xeAfs1I.png

Very nice tool.

Here's my first attempt:

*DISCLAIMER* I know nothing of what I am doing!

If I can offer some advice, I think you've got a few too many biomes.  Particularly moss and peat.  They're usually not very frequent and if I remember right, you cannot change that terrain in-game by dropping dirt on it or digging, so they are permanent.  Marsh is also miserable (I put like 2 size 20 marshes on my 2048 map, just in case there every becomes a reason for marsh existing at some point in the future :))

One thing i've noticed is it seems that the 'drop dirt' drops dirt on each tile- this causes large solid slopes up mountains due to the dirt sliding. Any way to limit dirt dropping to tiles that are only within the slope limit?

For example, if the slide slope on the 'drop dirt' section is 40/56 no dirt will be dropped on tiles that exceed this slope

Perhaps the amount of dirt dropped could also be determined by the slope/slide slope; so it drop 60 dirt at slope 0 but only say 5 at slope 37

Edited by Xeon

There's a "bug" right now where if you click the # button to generate a new seed it isn't updating that value in the map name textbox next to the Save Actions button.  So if you create a map and save it, then generate a new seed and save THAT map, it will probably overwrite the previous map.  

I have a pull request out to Budda with the fix but I think its the middle of the night for him so it might be a while before a new version is released.  The temporary work around is to make sure if you click the button to generate a new seed also copy that seed into the textbox next to the Save Actions button.

If I can offer some advice, I think you've got a few too many biomes.  Particularly moss and peat.  They're usually not very frequent and if I remember right, you cannot change that terrain in-game by dropping dirt on it or digging, so they are permanent.  Marsh is also miserable (I put like 2 size 20 marshes on my 2048 map, just in case there every becomes a reason for marsh existing at some point in the future :))

Noted. Thanks for the advice, you're right about the peat and marsh. Moss, I have no problem with, you can pack it now do whatever with it and then replant. I don't know about the others though.

my first attempt.

Now if there was only a way to run around the map to take a look at it

This is an awesome map.

• Like 1

I see the ore distribution is random ..in wurm the ores are in pockets of certain types 

is this possible for a future version?

no point having a 'public iron mine' if it has random vein types

Edited by JDBooker