Sign in to follow this  
Army

Volcano Island

Hey everyone,

I made a small (1024x1024 tiles) survival map for singleplayer or a small group of players.

There is one big volcano island near the center, and 2 smaller islands out in the water, near the map borders.

The small islands each contain 1 clay spot and peat or moss. They are both pretty high, so you can mine on them. I use them for the WL and BL, but thats up to you.

The main island contains serval clay spots, some tar fields, a steppe, a desert, a tundra and the volcano.

There are 2 versions with different rock layer depths, one with 55-65, the other one with 85-95.

cMxQwxO.png

The zip is including the map dump, the cave map (with and without water), the terrain dump and the topography map.

Download (ZIP Archive):

normal version - version with more dirt/deeper rock layer

Edited by Army
  • Like 6

Really awesome. Totally love it! Just the perfect kind of map I was looking for my single player experience with low computer resources requirements. :)

Can you please teach me how to use it to overwrite the custom map though? Also, any chance you can reposit it as zip, since (at least) I don't have a software for open rar archives.

Also, what about vein resources? Do both small islands have at least a couple iron veins? What about the main island, does it has all kind of veins?

And finally any chance that you can also release a slightly customized version with just a bit higher dirt layer, since I can imagine easily getting out of dirt for big projects. :)

Edited by RaDaMa

Reuploaded it as zip.

I think you just have to extract it into a map folder once WU is out, but I'm not sure since I have no WU access yet.

The veins are generated completely randomly all over the map, iron got a higher chance to spawn so there should be enough everywhere.

The cave map is included in the zip: http://i.imgur.com/2kOWQSk.png

I just uploaded a version with a higher dirt layer and added it to the post :)

• Like 1

Reuploaded it as zip.

I think you just have to extract it into a map folder once WU is out, but I'm not sure since I have no WU access yet.

The veins are generated completely randomly all over the map, iron got a higher chance to spawn so there should be enough everywhere.

The cave map is included in the zip: http://i.imgur.com/2kOWQSk.png

I just uploaded a version with a higher dirt layer and added it to the post :)

You are AWESOME! Thank you!

I know I'm probably crossing a line here, but well... if you try you have two chances, to get an yes or a no; if you don't try at all, you're stucked with the no. :P

So... any chance you might make one more edit and make a version with the small islands a bit closer to the main one (may be only one, or the same two, or even more than two, but just closer - you know so could eventually link them with bridges and have them serve as outposts. :)

Maybe something like this:

9Rh5Pxh.png

PS: Even if you give me a "no, that is too much, get lost already you spoiled little brat", I would still think you're awesome. :D

Updated it and fixed all problems the original version had.

All tree types added, bushes added, flowers added and rock layer fixed.

I'm playing on it since some days now and didn't noticed any problems so far. I hope others having as much fun on it as me :P

This is a cool map. And perfect for experimenting around due to its size and topography.

Spoiler

Tristan_da_Cunha_ASTER.jpg

Reminds me of Tristan da Cunha, the most remote inhabited archipelago.