Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

New Deed Setting - Request to become a member

I am not sure where to post this as there is no suggestion section for changes to the vanilla game.

If we can not get a way to run more then one game client then we will need a way to add priest alts to our deeds. I am suggesting a new feature be added either to the recruitment board or settlement token to allow requests to become a member of a deed and then the mayor or anyone with permissions can approve or deny these requests without the need to have the player be on.

I guess mayors should also be able to deny all request with a simple message that this village is not taking new members or something like that.

(Edit: I guess this suggestion could also work in WO too but is not needed as much there) 

Edited by Kegan

Game suggestions belong in WO suggestion board.

Mod requests which would be optional from server to server go in Mod>Requests. Like WU Clay for example, Not all servers would want to use such a mod that enables players to make clay/get clay by digging near water

Game suggestions belong in WO suggestion board.

Mod requests which would be optional from server to server go in Mod>Requests. Like WU Clay for example, Not all servers would want to use such a mod that enables players to make clay/get clay by digging near water

Well i disagree on that this belongs in the WO suggestion section it is a game change needed for WU not WO and one that needs to be an official change not a mod..imo anyway. 

Well i disagree on that this belongs in the WO suggestion section it is a game change needed for WU not WO and one that needs to be an official change not a mod..imo anyway. 

Well i personally think that game changes should happen to WO aswell as to not make updates between the two too big of a time span. Any modifications that is wanted to the game that is WU specific should just be a mod.

Anyways i did not mean to derail this with personal opinions. Regarding the idea, maybe just to expand on the idea here, Make the village "Open" to members rather then just an applicaiton process

Well its not something that we want as a mod many people will want to play WU without any mods and being able to invite a player to make them a priest alt is a major thing it is just as important as being able to plan a bridge with only one player online at a time. (the bridge one from my understanding was already fixed this one needs looked at too) 

Edited by Kegan

Could you not just have each of your characters own its' own deed?  I'm not sure what the advantage is for having all characters be villagers of a single deed.

Could you not just have each of your characters own its' own deed?  I'm not sure what the advantage is for having all characters be villagers of a single deed.

Well that would be fine but what if i needed a building built on my priests deed?  I would rather just have one large deed anyway and have them all in one spot. 

Also if you plan on playing any public server that has any kind of economy then you might not want the added expense of a second deed.  It does not seem like it would be that hard to make the recruitment boards function for this and allow for you to accept new players even if they are not online. 

Edited by Kegan

Sorry for the double post but wanted to make sure people seen this i emailed Rolf about this and he said they would look into making away to invite offline players to your deed so we can have priest alts join without needing two players on at the same time.   :)

Edited by Kegan

Since you must click on another player to invite them to join a deed or alliance this will be a problem for those who play alone on their private server. The alternative to placing another deed with an alt character logged on later is just to make all the deed settings to "everyone", since the one player is everyone else anyway.

Pretty simple for them then, which is why I will be me and myself as well, since I will want to have multiple deeds on my private server just for the ambiance and distinction between them. Eliminate all aggressive spawns and travel between them will just be an enjoyable experience, with no guard towers needed to be built, although on deeds I will have a few no-cost Spirit Templars wandering around just for effect.

Yes, finally some peace to be found undisturbed by aggressive mobs and the dreaded decay effect wasting time otherwise put to further designing and building the world. A nice break from Wurm Online, where time has no hold on what is desired to be pursued on that days passing and nothing to disturb the daydreams that arise out of nowhere to be found.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Since you must click on another player to invite them to join ...

/vinvite

You my friend live about 15 patchs behind the rest of the wurm population...

The idea is sound, but

i emailed Rolf about this and he said they would look into making away to invite offline players to your deed so we can have priest alts join without needing two players on at the same time.   :)

Wrong move! Now they will implement this band aid and stop working on proper dual-boxing and we will never have bridges ;).

The idea is sound, but

Wrong move! Now they will implement this band aid and stop working on proper dual-boxing and we will never have bridges ;).

They already have made the range pole plantable so you can build bridges with just one player as far as i understand it. I also have never seen any talk about adding support to use more then one client at a time and i am not even sure if that is possible with steam. 

He also never gave any guarantee in the email that it would ever be changed all he said was that they would look into it on Monday.  

Edited by Kegan