Sign in to follow this  
Pashka

Fountain Backpacks [Merged]

An EVE Online player once stole a special event ship that a GM had ejected himself from during a battle event. He was totally not supposed to be able to do that, the ship was supposed to blow up. He ran off with the ship.

The ship, Opus Luxury Yacht, is now worth 2-3 trillion EVE money.

THAT, my friends, is game history and culture for gamers..

Destroying old "mishaps" that are now our shared culture, is destroying yourself. 

Owners of fountainpacks would have no game advantages from the item after the new mechanic adjustment. So why stomp on them? EVE has learned that lesson long ago and would never do something as crazy as this, 6-7 years later.

Hehe, I got into scanning/exploration before the "Need For Speed" initiative where they cleaned all useless space junk like abandoned ships in deadspace a couple of years ago. I had found a frigate with a cruise missile launcher equipped, as well as a cruise missile loaded (Griffin, also had an AoE ECM, flux cap, and mwd iirc), all online and usable.

I made the mistake of mentioning my weirdly amazing find, and a GM had a serious talk with me... I was allowed to keep it as is, but I must never fire the missile. It might still sit in some station, I don't even know.

As for the topic at hand... yea, weak policies, too many lobbying volunteers who influence decisions in a bad way, I presume. You know, the kind of party you're not invited to :P

Edited by Ulviirala

A bag that weighs almost nothing, has unlimited storage, can carry it around anywhere, and is free as well.  Such a ... useful suggestion..

The GM that started the game years after the item was created should always have a profound opinion on useful suggestions regarding said item.

I honestly can't imagine why anyone thought the game would be better if these cool old items were removed.

Great way to annoy a bunch of folks who have spent $$ while giving no discernible improvement to the game.

• Like 4

The day they take the fountain containers out will be my last day in Wurm.

buh bye

Probably same.

buh bye

• Like 4

I don't own one so ultimately I will not be impacted either way which makes my opinion mute.

Although 600 seems like a lot I would have thought the number much smaller.

Pretty sure the EULA makes no promises to anything in the game so the fact they are even discussing \ negotiating the change is generous.

Again just my .02 opinion.

So Rolf and Co. after years of asking, decided to finally put in something that can be used to paint ships and hold large amounts of liquids. Thus with this our dear Rolf decided that these harmless items that people have hoarded and spent hundreds of euros on are suddenly a huge game breaking exploit that must be dealt with at once! Indeed this huge problem amongst the millions of bugs that plague and have plagued this game since it's inception, needs to be fixed! 

So i guess it's one less annjoying game breaking exploit have been finally dealt with. Only a hundred more to go! 

Edited by atazs

People who destroy the game with their bug abuse

How on EARTH does someone storing some items without decay destroy the game? Why do you even care if someone has one? How do you even know? Why don't you play the game the way you want to play it, and not worry how someone else wants to play? Why put energy into worrying if someone wants a pan?

• Like 1

makes my opinion mute.

Ouch. Please say "moot." Mute will hurt peoples' copyeditor bones.

How on EARTH does someone storing some items without decay destroy the game? Why do you even care if someone has one? How do you even know? Why don't you play the game the way you want to play it, and not worry how someone else wants to play? Why put energy into worrying if someone wants a pan?

Envy....really easy

Envy....really easy

Folks gotta watch some law of attraction videos...

I wish I had more fountain packs. They're so handy when I'm traveling around in my cart.

if this bug/item gets to remain ingame., I WANT ONE,. i have never had one and this would be a huge wonderful help to me. please cod me one for free or devs just drop it at my deed, much apperciated also =)..please do not discriminate against me i pay money also for w.o.

You payed for an item you knew was created by a bug, and are surprised they fixed it?  Just because a bug was around for years does not mean it was supported by them, they said a month or so ago that they intended to release official support for painting large things if you didn't take that as your clue to sell than it is your own loss sorry.

So sell a worthless item to a sucker? what high moral values you have there :)

I do not own one but i have friends who do and i know they would not pass off a useless or dying  item to some poor player unaware,it's why they have been on here in the forums fighting to keep these going, sure they invested lots of  real life money but they are not  in the gutters low to pass of a dying item to some poor persons unaware.

Edited by Toecutter
  • Like 2

Well i would says nothing new guys.... they drop price on spyglasses drake and scale and many other items so stop buying expensive stuff that you will get soon for free