Sign in to follow this  
Pashka

Fountain Backpacks [Merged]

Wurm is trying to focus on "fairness" for new players, when its core is the old veterans. 

Also, when you remove all the bugs from Wurm, what will you have left?

• Like 1

Everything is intended, until it's changed. Then it was a bug. Every bug intentionally left in the game is grandfathered in. Until it is removed. The only consistency is that CodeClub AB will screw you eventually.

I care little about Fountain Pans. I don't even have one.

What irritates me the most are the disgusting people in this thread who are mocking individuals who stand to lose a great deal of money in an unfortunate investment. The shaken consumer confidence will hurt the market for everyone after this.

What these people fail to realize is - your turn will come. CodeClub AB's unheralded and unexpected changes will inevitably effect you. Then you will have people, just like you, insulting you in threads, just like these, for the exact same things that are out of our control... and Rolf will laugh at us as he always has.

This change is the equivalent to a Ponzi scheme. The only people who lose, are those who got caught in the end. The winners are the ones who sold off early.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 8

Why?

This change is ridiculous. Why push more people away from this game? A lot of people, including myself, have used fountain containers for YEARS to store equipment in small magical chests. 

What about the people who have spend many hundred euros on them? 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/130576-allow-chaos-and-epic-to-raid-the-pve-servers/

What about people that spent years and years building the deed of their dream in a pve server? And spending maybe hundreds of dollars? Don't you think that would push people away from the game? Including myself that already was playing when people like you persuaded Rolf to do the same to us?

Maybe is time for people like you to stop making suggestions that can harm other people that doesn't like playing like you do?

because like Dairuka said...

I just call it karma.

• Like 1

What these people fail to realize is - your turn will come. CodeClub AB's unheralded and unexpected changes will inevitably effect you. Then you will have people, just like you, insulting you in threads, just like these, for the exact same things that are out of our control... and Rolf will laugh at us as he always has.

No, because I don't use obviously bugged items and if I did, I wouldn't expect them to never be fixed

People used bugged items. They took a risk. My only issue is that this doesn't apply to every bugged item (and skill).

Good on Rolf and the team (wow that felt weird to say) for actually removing them regardless of people who whine about it.

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 6

No, because I don't use obviously bugged items and if I did, I wouldn't expect them to never be fixed

People used bugged items. They took a risk. My only issue is that this doesn't apply to every bugged item (and skill).

Hope you don't have a Nahjo priest or Path of Insanity.

Excuse me while I archive this thread for future hilarity.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Good on Rolf and the team (wow that felt weird to say) for actually removing them regardless of people who whine about it.

So how many bug items are left in the game? Where do I find a list of items to aviod using on a release version of the game!? Unfired pottery items bugged also? What gives? Is it illegal to wear a backpack also? Should I never store things in a chest now?

You people are full of wogic, keep trolling pvp and stay classy.

• Like 1

So how many bug items are left in the game? Where do I find a list of items to aviod using on a release version of the game!? Unfired pottery items bugged also? What gives? Is it illegal to wear a backpack also? Should I never store things in a chest now?

You people are full of wogic, keep trolling pvp and stay classy.

I hope you don't need someone to hold your hand and tell you that fountains aren't supposed to fit in tiny boxes and that they were stopped from being created for a reason. 

Hope you don't have a Nahjo priest or Path of Insanity.

Nahjo priests weren't "obviously bugged". It wasn't ever even mentioned that they weren't supposed to have woodcutting and mining until they were removed. Nothing like these fountains which have been broken for ages. It sucks to be on the receiving end of this I'm sure, but the bug got fixed.

It's not like Rolf was selling fountain pans from traders and then turned around and removed them, laughing all the way to the bank. Fountain pans were a bugged item created for free. They should have been removed in the same patch that made it so they were no longer possible to make.

Not doing so has allowed some PLAYERS to get very rich selling them to other players. If anyone cheated anyone, those players did. But I would just say it was a bug that ended up creating some unfortunate circumstances due to mishandling of the issue. Not some scheme that Rolf profited from in any way.

Personally I think because of how long fountain pans were allowed to go on, that giving players who had one some kind of consolation item to lessen the sting of the blow would have few reasonable objectors.

Edited by Eldurian
  • Like 2

Nahjo priests weren't "obviously bugged". It wasn't ever even mentioned that they weren't supposed to have woodcutting and mining until they were removed. Nothing like these fountains which have been broken for ages. It sucks to be on the receiving end of this I'm sure, but the bug got fixed.

Weapon Enchantments are obviously bugged. So why did Gumbo get dumped on?

I think it's time we all admitted that none of us have any idea what bug is intentional, and what bug isn't. None of us really know what bug will be fixed, when any bug will be fixed, or what is even considered a bug in their eyes.

CodeClub AB truly is the worst at Public Relations. They make SoE, Ubisoft and Funcom look good by comparison.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 4

Who benefits from the backhanded way you mentioned you are deleting them?  

If there is a legit reason behind removing the fountain pans because you will replace them with something better, then say so explicitly and clearly.  Otherwise removing legacy items does not help the game in the slightest.  These items will eventually disappear without controversy due to decay and other forms of in game loss, might take a month might take 10 years.  Currently they are an in-game goal for a lot of players to eventually have one.  Even though they irreplaceable they are still tradable therefore anyone in the game can get their hands on one by using the in-game economy or other ways of obtaining items.  In some cases this usually means a sale of silver from the Wurm store since its a 50-60 euro item.  So if profits aren't the motive and surely customer service isn't, why remove them? 

A bug may have been used to create them but they are still legacy items now because you can no longer create them and they legally existed until today.  

Edited by madnezz

They aren't legacy items they are just bugged fountains

The whole behavior depends on legacy code

• Like 1

Who benefits from the backhanded way you mentioned you are deleting them?  

If there is a legit reason behind removing the fountain pans because you will replace them with something better, then say so explicitly and clearly.  Otherwise removing legacy items does not help the game in the slightest.  These items will eventually disappear without controversy due to decay and other forms of in game loss, might take a month might take 10 years.  Currently they are an in-game goal for a lot of players to eventually have one.  Even though they irreplaceable they are still tradable therefore anyone in the game can get their hands on one by using the in-game economy or other ways of obtaining items.  In some cases this usually means a sale of silver from the Wurm store since its a 50-60 euro item.  So if profits aren't the motive and surely customer service isn't, why remove them? 

Is this a swenglish mistake where you couldn't use your words properly to explain how this is a good thing or is this more sadism?

The legit reason your looking for:

Posted Today, 08:30 AM

• Fix for unlocked off deed vehicles, so can command them.

Added rose trellis.

Added Plant and Take ability for Large barrels and Tubs. All existing Large barrels and Tubs will be auto-planted. This is so these bigger containers can be used to hold dye to paint bigger items (providing you have the strength). This is in preparation for removing fountain backpacks etc.

Fix for faster decaying buildings.

Fix for missing turn options on various items.

Fix so gates on deed cannot be managed by all citizens (unless they have the manage allowed objects permission).

Fix so dropping a locked item will not change its owner.

No, These items will definitely NOT disappear. They've lasted how many years now and only have like 20-30 dmg on them. They could last more then double that time and not even reach 50 dmg.

Wurm is driven by economy. Rolf isn't.

if they remove fountain pans, they need to remove the weapons with WoA AND Nimbleness casted on them.

• Like 4

The legit reason your looking for:

No, These items will definitely NOT disappear. They've lasted how many years now and only have like 20-30 dmg on them. They could last more then double that time and not even reach 50 dmg.

Wurm is driven by economy. Rolf isn't.

Openly talking about the issue of Fountain Pans with the community, and then eventually increasing the decay on these items would've been a good compromise.

if they remove fountain pans, they need to remove the weapons with WoA AND Nimbleness casted on them.

Pretty sure WoA doesn't work on weapons anymore.

Remove all the illegitimate skill gain from windows of opertunity too. May as well fix that too.

• Like 5

Openly talking about the issue of Fountain Pans with the community, and then eventually increasing the decay on these items would've been a good compromise.

Sorry double post, his post appeared after i posted the one above, Mod merge posts if possible please.

These items do decay yes, But there kept inside magical chests so they don't decay. So increasing decay wouldn't change much other then the ones using them to paint ships or smelting will be punished since there using them outside the chest. Doesn't fix the problem really.

Don't forget those double enchants LT,FB weapons guys.

• Like 1

Pretty sure WoA doesn't work on weapons anymore.

from what ive heard woa increases parry rate

• Like 1

To be honest, if they are doing this, then by rights they should be undoing ALL the after effects of bugs that have since been fixed. Specifically things like people that abused bugs to gain skill and then report it so that it was fixed before others could benefit. 

They most certainly should not start removing items that could easily have been cleared out after the bug that generated them was fixed.

Honestly I'd like to know what other items like this, which are created through bugs but permitted to remain by the team, are going to be removed.  

It all just seems like the typical half-arsed approach to fixing things we see time after time. :/

• Like 1

Sorry double post, his post appeared after i posted the one above, Mod merge posts if possible please.

These items do decay yes, But there kept inside magical chests so they don't decay. So increasing decay wouldn't change much other then the ones using them to paint ships or smelting will be punished since there using them outside the chest. Doesn't fix the problem really.

Increase their decay. Then make it so they decay in Magical Chests, with a footnote saying, "Fountain Pans will decay in Magical Chests."

People will voice their concerns, but at least it'll open up dialogue. It'll also give people who've paid money for a Fountain Pan an opportunity to enjoy their purchase before it inevitably disappears from the game. Two years later, no more fountain pans. Nobody is angry. Decay is normal. Decay is within expectation.

My main issue isn't that they're doing this. They do this all the time. Read my signature. My issue is with the people in this thread who are openly mocking people who're getting caught at the end of this ponzi scheme. They're getting screwed, badly. I hate victim blaming. The culprit is CodeClub AB, not the gamers who will get screwed by this change.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

This is stupid and they should have been removed from the game when the exploit allowing their creation was fixed.

Anyone who knowingly bought an item obviously created by an exploit can cry me a river. And no, no amount of mental gymnastics will convince me anyone thought a fountain in a sauce pan is a legit item.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Personally I think because of how long fountain pans were allowed to go on, that giving players who had one some kind of consolation item to lessen the sting of the blow would have few reasonable objectors.

I wonder if a reasonable thing to do would be for owners of Fountain pans to be issued a Large Magical chest and a Small magical chest as a compromise for each loss they suffered. Magical chests are legal items in game, the combined value is 60 - 75s (depending on if a trader ratio is worked) and this at least partly answers the storage use that many people have fountains for. 

The other purpose of the pans, dying large items, should already be covered by the changes to large barrels and huge tubs.

Seems like a fair compromise to me.

~Nappy

• Like 2

Just leave them in the game. They are legacy items and it isn't hurting anything. There is no super advantage that one person has over another (like one has with a BOK/MBOK). They can just store more items without decay. Even if there is something coming down the pipe for storage, there is no reason that you can't have this "new item" as well as fountain pans. Not a single reason that they can't remain in the game. There is no sense in pissing off the majority of the player base off with some asshat move like that. I'm beginning to think that you people just enjoy trolling and pestering the population with nonsense like this.

Edited by Drentle
  • Like 2