Sign in to follow this  
Pashka

Fountain Backpacks [Merged]

I am guessing it needs to be fixed so that they can implement something new or why would they care?  In life you win some and you lose some and the ones that bought these i can feel our pain but i don't want that to stop progress in development either. 

• Like 3

How is the item bugged? The devs intended to keep them in the game once the ability to create them was removed, as they stated themselves that they wouldn't remove the items. Sounds to me like they are perfectly normal legacy items, else why didn't the devs remove these like ~5 years ago when the ability to create them was removed? They could have removed them when they removed the ability to create them, instead they stated that they wouldn't remove the items. Doesn't that tell you something?

Then look at what they stated recently, they're adding the ability to host private servers and they stated that they wouldn't be removing lowly populated WO servers. Why would they hold themselves to that statement any more than to the statement that they wouldn't remove these items?

That was THEN, This is NOW. And the NOW is saying "Fountain pans are being removed".

10 years ago i said i was gonna win the lottery and let my momma live the rest of her life in peace. Am i still holding true to that statement? No, I haven't won the lottery like i said i was and i haven't been able to support my mother like i wanted to back then.

Things change Ecric, Its a tough fact of life that some things just don't go the way we want them to, no matter how much one complains.

• Like 1

TBH the only reason the bugged items stayed ingame was because when Rolf fixed the bug, those who had them insisted that they stay.  Rolf agreed at the time, but warned that one day they would be removed.  That day has finally arrived.

• Like 7

i'd be happy if they would incread the volume of storeage chests,  allow 20 back packs vs the 3-7  i forget.,   I own one , only because i have 4 large magic chests full of things, as i hoard things, it's a curse.  but still i love having it. 

give us a new type of forge where it can hold 100 ore to smelt. or again allow more backpacks to fit in a forge or a new bag that holds more ore, ect   , and again chests that can hold more volume,  make these items a med-high skill to make them,  make it no drop so everyone has to skill up ;-)  i know thats dirty, but so is removing these things,. bring in new things like I suggested ,and I think most of us will be fine with the loss of 50-100 EU we all spent on these things over the yrs

poll the community on what and how and when please

give us a years notice or at least a couple months

• Like 1

give us a years notice or at least a couple months

I think that was what they were doing was giving everyone notice so i would start finding new ways to store your things and remove any valuable things from your containers.  

lol, yet another reason to play Wurm Unlimited and add it back yourself.

• Like 2

They're looking to push people out of WO and toward WU, easiest way to do this is piss people off, or so goes my theory. Nothing else really makes sense in regards to making so many poor decisions as of late.

Though some of us are looking to turn left instead of right and checking the location of the exit sign. 

• Like 2

I did not invest in one for years. Then I decided to buy one just weeks ago - thinking finally that if it is in game for this long it is stable. Having no other way until now to paint big things I had finally flushed down my silvers - and that was no small coins to my ingame purse. Quite how my luck goes...

Devs confirmed years ago they had no intention of removing them and understood it was leftover due to a bug and I'm sure was mentioned they were happy there were some items like this around.. would love for someone to find the post :D

• Like 9

would love for someone to find the post :D

No worries, they`re prepared and removed this post long time ago :P

You payed for an item you knew was created by a bug, and are surprised they fixed it?  Just because a bug was around for years does not mean it was supported by them, they said a month or so ago that they intended to release official support for painting large things if you didn't take that as your clue to sell than it is your own loss sorry.

They posted that they had no intention of removing them eons ago.

But then again, everyone thought reinforcement beams were also supposed to work as they were too.

• Like 6

Honestly what next? Remove scale from the game since you can imp it with normal leather, yeah let me guess that's a bug amiright? Maybe we can remove moonmetals in the game for freedom since that's a bug probably? Why would a freedom need it right it's pvp only metal right? Lets listen to the .01% player base that has your ear and suggests these ideas that acts high and mighty because they know best or it's to OP for pvp for 'insert reason here'. Better yet lets just add back weapon enchant decay again or make sailing even more slow we can't have people going 10km! ROLF! yes you, do you actually know how to keep people paying for this game, not trying to be rude honestly. This game is slowly becoming less fun daily you need to stop listening to the .01% and do polls and ask the community because deciding it's a good idea to do whatever you want when the game isn't a alpha/beta anymore is like herding cats.

It's not like we pay premium for this game or anything and deed upkeep which also cost money. Give me a reason to want to play, nerfing things that been in the game for 10 years doesn't give me a good feeling to trust supporting this game. Where I've spent at least 2k+ euro in the past 2 years.

Sorry but I'm really losing faith.

Honestly what next? Remove scale from the game since you can imp it with normal leather, yeah let me guess that's a bug amiright? Maybe we can remove moonmetals in the game for freedom since that's a bug probably? Why would a freedom need it right it's pvp only metal right? Lets listen to the .01% player base that has your ear and suggests these ideas that acts high and mighty because they know best or it's to OP for pvp for 'insert reason here'. Better yet lets just add back weapon enchant decay again or make sailing even more slow we can't have people going 10km! ROLF! yes you, do you actually know how to keep people paying for this game, not trying to be rude honestly. This game is slowly becoming less fun daily you need to stop listening to the .01% and do polls and ask the community because deciding it's a good idea to do whatever you want when the game isn't a alpha/beta anymore is like herding cats.

It's not like we pay premium for this game or anything and deed upkeep which also cost money. Give me a reason to want to play, nerfing things that been in the game for 10 years doesn't give me a good feeling to trust supporting this game. Where I've spent at least 2k+ euro in the past 2 years.

Sorry but I'm really losing faith.

A few things:

1. Amount of players saying 1 thing doesn't make them right. 1 Person giving a good suggestion for the GAME while 900 people saying otherwise does NOT make the 900 people right.

2. People change there minds by the day. Its life, Accept it.

3. NEVER LEAVE POLLS TO A COMMUNITY. Worse design decision ever. Take a look at this reddit. Its whole game is controlled by ingame polls. They abandoned a WHOLE SKILL and MANY months of work because it didn't pass. Like WTF. Almost no new content enters the game, And when it does its only for a select few of the game who have biggest influence/pockets. Even then its pretty bad.

Oh also, Regarding imping scale with leather, Probably a bug i wouldn't be surprised if it was patched in the near future.

Edited by akaedis
  • Like 1

An EVE Online player once stole a special event ship that a GM had ejected himself from during a battle event. He was totally not supposed to be able to do that, the ship was supposed to blow up. He ran off with the ship.

The ship, Opus Luxury Yacht, is now worth 2-3 trillion EVE money.

THAT, my friends, is game history and culture for gamers..

Destroying old "mishaps" that are now our shared culture, is destroying yourself. 

Owners of fountainpacks would have no game advantages from the item after the new mechanic adjustment. So why stomp on them? EVE has learned that lesson long ago and would never do something as crazy as this, 6-7 years later.

Edited by Cista
  • Like 1

They have been in the game for years, Why Remove them now?

This will push people out of the game even more

Do not remove these relics!

Edited by Maximustehgreat
  • Like 1

But then again, everyone thought reinforcement beams were also supposed to work as they were too.

Triggered

how many people have

Fountain containers..?

unknown. Id say like 50 to 100 people have them.

With like id guess about 200 in existence still. I swear i read somewhere at some point that there was 130 of them in all of wurm but i looked around but couldn't find any mention of this. but then again that was like years ago so i can't honestly tell you if it was about pans or not or if im even right.

• Like 1

yep, he has a strange way of doing things, but on the note of the reinforcement beams, all the players involved "knew" how they worked, just a few players (fsbkun) thought they could game the system because they knew it was bugged. Tbh they didn't even deserve the "reimbursement" they got. The players were clearly abusing something that shouldn't of existed in game.

• Like 1

Apparently unfired pottery isn't a container now I lost lots of items due to that.. thanks.

Probably getting removed since a lot of bugs are based on legacy coding

I just paid 60s for one of these items. Does this mean the WURM team is gonna replace my silver if they are removing it. After 5 years why the sudden removal of the item.

You payed for an item you knew was created by a bug, and are surprised they fixed it?  Just because a bug was around for years does not mean it was supported by them, they said a month or so ago that they intended to release official support for painting large things if you didn't take that as your clue to sell than it is your own loss sorry.

TBH saying that they will remove fountain backpacks simply because they are adding a container you can carry in return, as if that will somehow compensate each player for the loss of that unique item is somewhat absurd.    It's like saying you can't drive your vintage car anymore because it's emissions are no longer grandfathered, but we will give you a 100$ gift certificate to Autozone as compensation.    

It really makes no sense, if they wanted to fix the problem after it was patched they would have, but those unique items were left in the game.   I don't mind them adding tubs, so that people without the fountains can dye their items, but those backpack fountains and the like have far more uses and intrinsic value than just the ability to dye things.    Especially the saucepan fountains, which are even rarer.   I have a satchel fountain, and I use it to hold sap in my wagon during maple season.   I really don't need to though small barrels work fine (and I sometimes use them anyways) , but I often just like using that unique item, something that I can keep as a treasure from my long devotion to the game.     

The various fountain containers are a part of Wurm's legacy, and it's the little things like that that make the game unique.   If the devlopers think Wurm Online should be exactly the same gameplay wise as Unlimited upon release, I'll quite and say to hell with both of them.   I just like the fact that Wurm Online's history and gameplay is unique.  I'll likely play unlimited for only one reason, the potential for modding.  With wurm Online  I like living in a world that has it's own little quirks because it's built upon a legacy.    

Just what is the point of removing the stupid things?  They don't harm anything, and you can do the same things without the fountain containers, hell if you feel they are giving an unfair advantage just add the stupid tub features and leave it at that.  They give very little actual advantage, far less in any case then many of the other bugs and exploits that have been left in the game.    Even the saucepan fountains, which people do just fine without.