Sign in to follow this  
Pashka

Fountain Backpacks [Merged]

I love that you are making something that everyone has access to for painting large items.  That is fabulous.  Why does that mean that we have to lose the fountain packs.  Those are not just used for that.  They are also something that many people have spent large sums of money acquiring.

Looks to me like just another slap in the face for people that have been around a while or have spent large sums of cash on this game.

• Like 7

They're looking to push people out of WO and toward WU, easiest way to do this is piss people off, or so goes my theory. Nothing else really makes sense in regards to making so many poor decisions as of late.

• Like 7

Why?

This change is ridiculous. Why push more people away from this game? A lot of people, including myself, have used fountain containers for YEARS to store equipment in small magical chests. 

What about the people who have spend many hundred euros on them? 

Edited by Redd
  • Like 17

Remove MBOKS. 

Its just not fair, almost nobody has them and they can't be created. If we're removing legacy items now anyway lets make things fair for everyone.

I have almost never heard anyone complain about them.

• Like 6

i do not see a reason for this removal. This is one of the less harmfull "feature" to the community. It is nothing game breaking, it does not affect PvP, it does not affect players. yet THIS you decide to remove. how about prioritizing right for once.

• Like 2

REALLY??  but you cant fix the rare/supreme glow on carts and other items?

Edited by tgod
  • Like 2

theres more pertinent things that can be removed from the game, like double dmg enchant weapons.

• Like 1

This is why i never bought any of them because i knew that one day they would be fixed

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 19

Seems like you should have a replacement item for painting ships, or whatever that one legit use-case was for fountain containers, in place before you remove them.

Whoops, read all of the words!

They should maybe just do a turn-in progam where you can trade them to a trader or GM or something for some reason amount of silver for X number of weeks.  That would be a fairly reasonable solution.  But really you can't be all that surprised that a fairly obviously unintended mechanic is being fixed.  The shame is that it wasn't fixed a lot sooner.

Edited by vardoj
  • Like 3

I feel like people have been saying for a while to be careful with those items, because at any time they could be fixed. I guess it finally happened.

• Like 11

This is similar to the issue with the Nahjo nerf that was rolled back. Ignoring an issue when it arises and letting it become part of the game, then much much later address it with a "fix" that screws everyone over. This makes the players lose trust in the game and drives people away. Who knows what's going to get "fixed" next? Removing all drake sets because the sets were obtained by penning dragons which wasn't intended? Removing skills people gained years ago because you've now changed skill gain? Who knows and when we don't know what policies management will flip-flop on next then it seems pointless to invest time/money in the game.

All online games have an issue with "legacy" items that are no longer obtainable after changes/fixes. Some games address this by removing the old items when they make the change. Other games allow the legacy items to exist and it becomes part of the game. Old items such as fountain containers has been around so long that they have become part of the game. By doing nothing about them for 5+ years people have figured it was safe to invest real life money in such items. You can't flip-flop on policies like that without driving people away from the game.

As a side note - why are you making these incredibly short-sighted changes that are pissing the playerbase off days before release Wurm Unlimited? Now is when you need positive word of mouth the most and veteran players who've just lost hundreds of dollars worth of items are probably not going to be in the mood to defend the game when the Steam audience starts to complain about the buggy nature of the game, primitive server management options etc.

• Like 9

They're looking to push people out of WO and toward WU, easiest way to do this is piss people off

That pushes me out of Wurm as a whole, because I`m not really interested in WU so far.

• Like 5

As a side note - why are you making these incredibly short-sighted changes that are pissing the playerbase off days before release Wurm Unlimited? Now is when you need positive word of mouth the most and veteran players who've just lost hundreds of dollars worth of items are probably not going to be in the mood to defend the game when the Steam audience starts to complain about the buggy nature of the game, primitive server management options etc.

This is what is amazing me the most. I simply can't fathom what is happening at the moment. Steam is huge... I would have thought the last thing wanted is a viral word of mouth that "watch out, you can't trust these guys".

Must be some modern marketing strategy I'm too old to understand.

• Like 3

Thats Devs way of saying, dont invest too much coin in Wurm.

Drakeset - 30s, Scale set- 60s

If you spend more, its your own fault.

Your acting like they removed the ability?  All they did was give people who didn't have a chance to abuse a bug 7 years ago or who didn't get there hands on 1 of the limited expensive bugged in items the ability to do the same thing as you.  If you or others leave because your mad your bugged item is now valueless because they added official support for it so everyone can enjoy the feature than your just causing your own problems.

• Like 3

great, I just bought two of these last weekend. What is up with changing stuff like this after years of leaving it alone? How can we trust that anything in game isn't just going to be changed all of a sudden? In a game where the economy is strongly bound to real currency changes like these are absolutely absurd. I assume there will be a proper reimbursement for this? If not, considering the 14 day eu refund law on digital purchases, where do I send my refund request for the silver's which I bought last week from the wurm shop in order to buy two fountain pans?...

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 3

so i guess one day my spy glass may get removed just because?

• Like 2

You payed for an item you knew was created by a bug, and are surprised they fixed it?  Just because a bug was around for years does not mean it was supported by them, they said a month or so ago that they intended to release official support for painting large things if you didn't take that as your clue to sell than it is your own loss sorry.

• Like 6

so i guess one day my spy glass may get removed just because?

Did you get your spyglass as the result of a bug or unintentionally some how? If not than I think you figure that one out on your own. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Your acting like they removed the ability?  All they did was give people who didn't have a chance to abuse a bug 7 years ago or who didn't get there hands on 1 of the limited expensive bugged in items the ability to do the same thing as you.  If you or others leave because your mad your bugged item is now valueless because they added official support for it so everyone can enjoy the feature than your just causing your own problems.

Its not about the painting, its about the storage.  

• Like 4

90% of the time it was purchased was purely to expand the storage space in a SMC or LMC.

• Like 4

Everyone here complaining should of realized that at some point, This bugged item would eventually be made worthless. No game developer is gonna leave a bugged item that limits features of the game to a select few in a game forever. It was only a matter of time before this happened. Best to sell your pans before people figure this out but i think that ship has already sailed.

Even if you somehow didn't realize that bugs were being squashed, You shouldv noticed the vanishing of "good features"(Bugs) awhile back like the mooring rope. Your own fault for not taking the hint to save your investments. Un-Intended features seem to be the main thing thats being removed right now, Fountain pans is next up on that list. Whats next is the real matter you should be worrying about.

Edited by akaedis
  • Like 3

They're looking to push people out of WO and toward WU, easiest way to do this is piss people off, or so goes my theory. Nothing else really makes sense in regards to making so many poor decisions as of late.

Yeah, its starting to feel allot like that...

I wonder if Rolf comes into the office once a month a goes like: "What can I erase from Wurm after its been ingame all these years and call it "fixing a bug"?"

If you take away fountain containers, at least severely increase the holding capacity of a large magical chest, its MAGICAL for Mag's sake, it should be able to hold 300 items instead of 100.

You take a little, you have to give a little, most people use these containers to expand magical chests so more stuff can go decay free.

Or is this all some weird way of trolling, upsetting customers By saying after 5 years: "Sorry, this was never ment to be, we'll delete your 40-60s/euros items now, kthanksbaai!

You payed for an item you knew was created by a bug, and are surprised they fixed it?  Just because a bug was around for years does not mean it was supported by them, they said a month or so ago that they intended to release official support for painting large things if you didn't take that as your clue to sell than it is your own loss sorry.

Oh, it wasnt a bug, in the past you could create lots of items in different other items.

Rolf FIXED this by not allowing us to create unfinished items anymore and even not letting us finish unfinished items inside containers.

BUT he kept all the old items that were ingame, fountain-containers, this is many many years ago, so why would he fix the abiltiy to make them and not take the current ones away?

Because he knew to many people already used it allot and it was supporting a slice of the economy.

Rolf himself said in a lets play video with some reporter, that ships werent supposed to hold 100 rafts, but he kept it ingame since so many people got used to it and were using it on a large scale.

Thats the frustrating part of it all, he could have fixed that 3 years ago, when he made it unable to create them anymore, but no, he had to wait, and now casually announce it with the introduction of making large barrels moveable.

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 2

Everyone here complaining should of realized that at some point, This bugged item would eventually be made worthless. No game developer is gonna leave a bugged item that limits features of the game to a select few in a game forever. It was only a matter of time before this happened. Best to sell your pans before people figure this out but i think that ship has already sailed.

Even if you somehow didn't realize that bugs were being squashed, You shouldv noticed the vanishing of "good features"(Bugs) awhile back like the mooring rope. Your own fault for not taking the hint to save your investments. Un-Intended features seem to be the main thing thats being removed right now, Fountain pans is next up on that list. Whats next is the real matter you should be worrying about.

I actually cant think of an online game that doesnt have bugged legacy items in the game.  In most cases these become part of the lore.  Next they will take my 8kg small buckets and 50kg forges

Edited by tgod
  • Like 1

Yeah, its starting to feel allot like that...

I wonder if Rolf comes into the office once a month a goes like: "What can I erase from Wurm after its been ingame all these years and call it "fixing a bug"?"

If you take away fountain containers, at least severely increase the holding capacity of a large magical chest, its MAGICAL for Mag's sake, it should be able to hold 300 items instead of 100.

You take a little, you have to give a little, most people use these containers to expand magical chests so more stuff can go decay free.

Or is this all some weird way of trolling, upsetting customers By saying after 5 years: "Sorry, this was never ment to be, we'll delete your 40-60s/euros items now, kthanksbaai!

This. Not just large magical chests though. I put my fountain pans into forges to make smithing a bit easier, I'd like to see those increased substantially too in capacity.

• Like 1