Sign in to follow this  
spellcast

October Event: Independence Server, on the 30th, (11PM UTC)

absolutely loved the idea of two intertwined questlines

hehe Glad everyone seems to have had a good time. A lot of work went into this one, some of it done years ago. (that mine system has been under the market for at least 4 years, it pre-dates the deliverance server)

asdf  the back and forth was supposed to take you across some triggers in the entry room with all of the traps to spawn mobs in either branch of the dungeon, but I didn't get those parts set up the way i wanted and as a result just scrapped that for this event. Maybe next time I use the catacombs or create something similar on another server.

Jaz and WKM.. I did say it would take a lot of exploring...Maps are a big part of exploring to me, comes from growing up on games where graph paper was your only map i suppose. LoL.

Gumbo, don't collect zombie parts, they have a tendency to reconnect and reanimate in strange ways.

Everyone else, thank you for your comments, It is always nice to know that the event was appreciated, considering the amount of time that goes into them i hate to think it is being wasted.

• Like 2

I've never been so happy to see snow covered trees again in wurm... I'm finally out of the cave after 5 - 6 hours and there was even a lovely treasure chest left for me to find some goodies!

I wonder how many side quests I missed though... 

This was great fun, thanks so much for organizing the event  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Thank u very much to all the organizers!

Was a very fun and cool event, not 2 hard and not 2 easy.

Many mobs to have fun killing, even if they have ur own name :D

Prizes were worth it and it was a pretty fun experience, keep up the good work :)

:wub:  THIS WAS AWESOME!!  :wub:

The entire layout and decorations of the underground part created the right scenery and set the mood. At times i wondered if i should go into this or that tunnel, because there could be more dead bodies and coffins and... just creepy things. I had goose bumps at times,  :(

A big round of applause for Spellcast for thinking up another "out of this world" adventure and spending the time to put it together. Thanks to all the other GMs, visible or not at the time, for helping out on the day (or night).

Love you all

Ladygodiva

• Like 1

Spellcast, I love to go on your hunts, those I could attend all were good fun. Never won the big prize (yet :) ), but that is just secondary anyway, the experience and joy is the main driver there.

Thanks for the great event, it's obvious a huge amount of work has gone into creating and running this. Everyone has been thoroughly confused and lost, I was running around in circles last night but I'm happy I finished and won some brass cutlery :P

I hope you'll post some solutions and maps later so we can see what we missed  :unsure:  

I was so lost. Damn so lost. I didn't stand a chance until I started to mark a few places, lol.

That cave system is awesome. I'm glad it was eventually used, hope more events reusing it somehow will come! I'm also glad I got some screenshots from those unique rooms, though I should have taken more :D. Those were so nice decorations and great ideas for caves in wurmworld.

Thanks to organizers, for their work on it all and not in the least for their patience. :D

And thanks to all co-participants, going through it together was more fun and easy.

PS: oh, and, what did you do to fight yourself lol... I missed that.

I gave up because:

1. Couldn't start boy's quest

2. I'm sure most of treasure was found, couldn't participate at start because of lag

And now I learned that I had to keep an apple sprout I thought is a little Easter egg or something unimportant stuff.

Nah, I have silvers to earn.

Though place looked good, though without high quality torches you're just blind.

actually i think it was hestia spawning the named mobs for the players..  I was too busy trying to keep track of the different clues and making sure everything was working right.

I don't think I will be posting any maps of the event, as if i use it again (and I plan to, probably after 9 months or so) the fewer really accurate maps that are out there the less i will have to change to make it new again.  =D

I will consider posting a list of what was possible and what needed done in a week or two.  then again, its fun to keep you guessing.

Thank you to everyone who put effort into making the event possible, I have not been that confused, lost and frustrated in wurm for a long time.

If anyone has partial Treasure Hunt missions still active and would like them removed, there is now a sign in the center of Freedom Market that will remove unsolved mysteries for you if you examine it twice.

The Spirit Templars have also resumed their duties and are keeping the area safe once again.